Rooting for the Bills tomorrow | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rooting for the Bills tomorrow

He says he has something to do with Palardy when he trains every offseason, since he was a wee lad. Looks like he made an account here when Palardy was signed.
Ah I see. So he does have a personal stake in Palardy. Good for him. He might want to peruse the TOS or he won’t last long.

Lets see tell me a QB that doesnt miss WRs when throwing in those winds. The issue is waiting until the 4th QTR to finally play YOUR game.

Yes our Coach has regressed to 2018-2019 McConservative this year, and same with Daboll. You notice the second coming Jones passing display, so dont sit there and tell me the Wind didnt affect Allen a bit in the 4th.
I agree, that isn't the type of game to criticize a qb. Crazy wind condition. The run defense failed you.

I don’t want to hear any more about Mac Jones.

If Tua had a rush threat capable of amassing over 200 yards when the defense knows all there gonna do run the ball we’d be undefeated.

Any QB should should have success in that scenario.

The officials sure weren’t going to call NE for holding very often.

The NFL is so freaking transparent. They manipulate games to set up the story lines they believe helps draw in casual viewers.

Last season it was all about freeing Tom Brady from the shadow of Belichick and the Patriot system. This season is about validating Belichick post Brady and matching them up in the SB. Bookmark it.

NE ain’t that good unless rules are being broken or at least seriously bent. We all know that.
I'm starting to think you are on to something honestly and if it is the case I'm fvcking done with the NFL. Nail in coffin.

I'm starting to think you are on to something honestly and if it is the case I'm fvcking done with the NFL. Nail in coffin.

See, the media is in on it too.Not directly, but indirectly. And the NFL takes notice of the talk.

I know people like to dismiss conspiracy theories. I’m usually one of them. But in this case I’ve been watching sports for 45 years now and have seen it grow from little to no media coverage (even tape delayed) to the monster revenue generator it is now.

When money is involved as heavily as it is these days and has been for much of the past 30 years in ALL major sports — you just can’t be naive to the possibility.

I said the same exact thing when the Houston Astericks story was being pushed super hard during 2017. HOU had suffered from a hurricane and floods and the media kept bringing up the fact that Sports Illustrated had the Astericks on their cover predicting them to win the 2017 series several years before it happened. Suddenly they’re getting the benefit of ball and strike calls. And one of their star players (Gurriel) made an obvious racial gesture during the series and the result was suspension the next season. When you see BS like that, you can’t ignore it.

Then what did we find out years later? They were cheating. And the MLB did nothing but slap them on the wrist.

Does that sound familiar? It should, because that’s exactly how the NFL responded to the Patriots spygate and other scandals. Not only has it been disclosed by persons within the NFL that Goodell had evidence destroyed, former Rams head coach Mike Martz has stated on record that he was pressured by Goodell and the NFL to say certain things publicly he didn’t believe in order to help them sweep it all under the rug.

When you know things like this have happened and are still happening, it’s not hard to connect dots re: the NFL manipulating things to aid their marque players and teams.

The NBA and NFL are the easiest sports to manipulate due to the subjectivity of officiating and the fact that a penalty/foul could be called on basically every play. With 22 players spread across the field and the overly physical nature of the NFL game — someone is likely crossing the fine line and committing a foul. Outcomes can be drastically manipulated by not calling penalties when they should be called over the course of a 60 minute game.

Remember the Rams-Saints playoff game in 2018 when clear PI wasn’t called and it was so egregious everyone seemed baffled and befuddled?

It really makes you wonder if it was “human error” when the Rams had recently moved back to LA and had recently broke ground on a new multi-Billion dollar stadium the league had REALLY wanted for decades.

It’s really crazy how these odd twists of fate and awful human error calls seem to largely go against the smaller market teams or at least the teams that don’t have a big following and won’t generate the same rating and fan interest.

But I’m sure it’s all just a coincidence. Just like the 4th quarter of game 6 of the 2002 NBA conference finals that kept the LA Lakers alive. One of the most one-sided and obvious officiating cover ups of all-time.

Anyway, I saw last season’s result happening before it did and am pretty sure I see what’s on the horizon this winter. It may not happen, but it won’t be for a lack of trying.

See, the media is in on it too.Not directly, but indirectly. And the NFL takes notice of the talk.

I know people like to dismiss conspiracy theories. I’m usually one of them. But in this case I’ve been watching sports for 45 years now and have seen it grow from little to no media coverage (even tape delayed) to the monster revenue generator it is now.

When money is involved as heavily as it is these days and has been for much of the past 30 years in ALL major sports — you just can’t be naive to the possibility.

I said the same exact thing when the Houston Astericks story was being pushed super hard during 2017. HOU had suffered from a hurricane and floods and the media kept bringing up the fact that Sports Illustrated had the Astericks on their cover predicting them to win the 2017 series several years before it happened. Suddenly they’re getting the benefit of ball and strike calls. And one of their star players (Gurriel) made an obvious racial gesture during the series and the result was suspension the next season. When you see BS like that, you can’t ignore it.

Then what did we find out years later? They were cheating. And the MLB did nothing but slap them on the wrist.

Does that sound familiar? It should, because that’s exactly how the NFL responded to the Patriots spygate and other scandals. Not only has it been disclosed by persons within the NFL that Goodell had evidence destroyed, former Rams head coach Mike Martz has stated on record that he was pressured by Goodell and the NFL to say certain things publicly he didn’t believe in order to help them sweep it all under the rug.

When you know things like this have happened and are still happening, it’s not hard to connect dots re: the NFL manipulating things to aid their marque players and teams.

The NBA and NFL are the easiest sports to manipulate due to the subjectivity of officiating and the fact that a penalty/foul could be called on basically every play. With 22 players spread across the field and the overly physical nature of the NFL game — someone is likely crossing the fine line and committing a foul. Outcomes can be drastically manipulated by not calling penalties when they should be called over the course of a 60 minute game.

Remember the Rams-Saints playoff game in 2018 when clear PI wasn’t called and it was so egregious everyone seemed baffled and befuddled?

It really makes you wonder if it was “human error” when the Rams had recently moved back to LA and had recently broke ground on a new multi-Billion dollar stadium the league had REALLY wanted for decades.

It’s really crazy how these odd twists of fate and awful human error calls seem to largely go against the smaller market teams or at least the teams that don’t have a big following and won’t generate the same rating and fan interest.

But I’m sure it’s all just a coincidence. Just like the 4th quarter of game 6 of the 2002 NBA conference finals that kept the LA Lakers alive. One of the most one-sided and obvious officiating cover ups of all-time.

Anyway, I saw last season’s result happening before it did and am pretty sure I see what’s on the horizon this winter. It may not happen, but it won’t be for a lack of trying.

Great post and examples.

We already had a ref admit to fixing games in the NBA years ago. Those Laker/Kings series were the main recipients.

Look at I think the 2015 NBA finals. The one where James made history coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Game 6, in the 1st quarter Cleveland had something like 26 Free Throw attempts I the 1ST QUARTER. More attempts than the Warriors had points. They completely took The warriors ability to play dedense away after the 1st quarter. This game was after the controversial suspension of Draymond Green.

To think it doesn't happen more often is naive.

They can't outright fix games. Players still need to make the shot, catch the pass or kick the FG.

However they can highly influence or manipulate the outcome.

Look at the Baltimore game. It took 2 or 3 bogus penalties to keep Jackson's TD streak alive. The refs couldn't throw flags fast enough.

NE always benefitted from a PI in the 4th or a holding against the team making a comeback in the 4th.

Look at the Bucs/Cowboys game, first of the season.

Godwin CLEARLY committed offensive PI on their game winning drive. If properly called, Bucs most likely lose that game.

I forget the game. Didn't a ref get caught, on a hot mic, making up a penalty during a game this season?

First game against NE. The bogus roughing the passer to extend the drive for Mac Jones. The egregious stoppage of play on the offsides against NE. Both altered or influenced the final outcome

Great post and examples.

We already had a ref admit to fixing games in the NBA years ago. Those Laker/Kings series were the main recipients.

Look at I think the 2015 NBA finals. The one where James made history coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Game 6, in the 1st quarter Cleveland had something like 26 Free Throw attempts I the 1ST QUARTER. More attempts than the Warriors had points. They completely took The warriors ability to play dedense away after the 1st quarter. This game was after the controversial suspension of Draymond Green.

To think it doesn't happen more often is naive.

They can't outright fix games. Players still need to make the shot, catch the pass or kick the FG.

However they can highly influence or manipulate the outcome.

Look at the Baltimore game. It took 2 or 3 bogus penalties to keep Jackson's TD streak alive. The refs couldn't throw flags fast enough.

NE always benefitted from a PI in the 4th or a holding against the team making a comeback in the 4th.

Look at the Bucs/Cowboys game, first of the season.

Godwin CLEARLY committed offensive PI on their game winning drive. If properly called, Bucs most likely lose that game.

I forget the game. Didn't a ref get caught, on a hot mic, making up a penalty during a game this season?

First game against NE. The bogus roughing the passer to extend the drive for Mac Jones. The egregious stoppage of play on the offsides against NE. Both altered or influenced the final outcome

You clearly get it. ;)

Agree with everything you say here. The games aren’t 100% fixed, but they are heavily, heavily influenced. And it’s relatively easily to accomplish with plausible deniability.

Great post and examples.

The 2016 Finals was bad. There was obvious favoritism in games 5 and 6. They wanted that 7 game money.

Game 7 was actually called pretty fairly, but the Warriors had a bad day at the office, so Cleveland got their championship.

Well I'm rooting for the Bills next time they play NE also...and hope they don't have the same BS weather.

If we win out, and Indy and Buffalo can come through, I believe we'll be in and the Cheaters will be on the couch. Long way to go, of course, but that's my swami predict.

Well I'm rooting for the Bills next time they play NE also...and hope they don't have the same BS weather.

If we win out, and Indy and Buffalo can come through, I believe we'll be in and the Cheaters will be on the couch. Long way to go, of course, but that's my swami predict.
lol

Weren't the Warriors like 73-9 or something like that? Why would the league want Cleveland (and Lebron) to have a title over a northern California team that had a chance to finish as one of the greats of all time with the ring? A team that also overcame it's own 3-1 hole vs OKC earlier. To me, that season kind of ended with a thud when what's considered a lesser team beat what should have been an all-time squad. Now the '16 Warriors are just a footnote team.

As far as this year in football goes, I can see the league wanting NE-TB at the end but man, it looks so obvious too if is should come off. A little too convenient? I'd have to cry foul too if it happens and we should all pay attention to how the games "unfold" if that is the final game. But I'm holding out hope on a couple things:
1) No rookie QB has ever lead a team to a super bowl. And I'm sorry, Mac ain't that great. Granted, the AFC has fallen apart in two months and it seems to be about everyone who was considered a contender early on. Even though the Chiefs have won five straight, Mahomes hasn't looked right most of the year so I'm having doubts about them too. But I still think it's tough once January gets here and rookie QBs hit the wall when they're expecting football to be over and there's over a month left. We'll see. Bill B. can only hope to win games like the other night for so long before the "baby goat" is going to have to make plays. Face it, if Jones was QBing the Vikings or some other team, would we even be talking about him? The best rookie QB seasons I saw were Marino '83, Big Ben '04 and Dak '16 and sorry but again, Jones isn't looking like that at all.

2) The other thing is Tampa Bay winning the super bowl in 2020. Winning the super bowl or NFL title ('60 Eagles) in a year ending in "0" has been nothing short of catastrophic for clubs. I know that's not much to hang onto but that has held up in the super bowl era quite well going back to 1960, the dawn of the super bowl era. Doesn't mean the Bucs can't have a good team but honestly, they shouldn't win another title this decade or longer, going by the numbers. The only exception since the '60s started? The '83 Raiders who won a second super bowl after winning in 1980. And even they never won another after that season to date. So again....I hold out hope we can avoid this media slurpfest for a New England Tampa Bay super bowl. But sure, we'll watch the games and go "God, can you believe he threw that flag?" or "God, how do you not call that?" And we'll see who it benefits.

Back
Top Bottom