Rosen Closing In But... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Closing In But...

I keep reading that some of you guys think that Rosen should automatically beat out a 15 year vet. If Fritz was Brock Osweiler, I might agree. But Rosen is a 2nd year player, learning a new O, and with a new team. That alone puts him behind his peers in last year's draft, except for NY QB who is also learning a new O, but he's the definite unquestioned starter there. I don't always think 1st round picks at QB can start at year 1 and that team be great. We saw this last year as none of the 1st round picks who started or eventually played got their teams to the playoffs. I didn't see Manning do it, nor Cam Newton or many others. Brady sat watching Drew B., Aaron sat watching Frave, Danny White watching MR. QB in Dallas, and on and on. Even if we drafted a 1st round pick QB next year, he would probably not take us to the playoff on his own, Brady needed that D for a couple of years before becoming Brady. Rosen doesn't have to start now, but we want him to get better and eventually become "IT".

I've contended from the start that I'd like to see Fitz under center the 1st 3-4 games while Rosen stands beside O'Shea, probes his thinking and gets his questions answered rather than a baptism by fire game one. He also will have the opportunity to watch and learn from Fitz misreading plenty of defenses and throw more than his fair share of interceptions if history repeats itself as it tends to do.

Let's not overlook the sideline perspective here. Darnold crapped the bed as bad if not worse than Rosen last season until his injury when he was forced to take a step back and observe. When he returned there was a marked improvement.

Back
Top Bottom