Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now

AEGBRG

9th Season Coming Soon
Reaction score
Now that the team will not go winless and with the Bengals, Jets, Giants and Browns looming on the schedule, the team is unlikely to get a top-3 or possibly even top 5 pick. You need to play Rosen the rest of way to see what you have in him. After all, this organization traded a 2nd round pick for him. It is a win-win situation. Either he shows potential as the QB of the future or sucks, which would keep us in the running for a top pick. No point continuing with Fitzpatrick. I know this is not going to happen, but it is the prudent move.

Now that the team will not go winless and with the Bengals, Jets, Giants and Browns looming on the schedule, the team is unlikely to get a top-3 or possibly even top 5 pick. You need to play Rosen the rest of way to see what you have in him. After all, this organization traded a 2nd round pick for him. It is a win-win situation. Either he shows potential as the QB of the future or sucks, which would keep us in the running for a top pick. No point continuing with Fitzpatrick. I know this is not going to happen, but it is the prudent move.
He'd have been in there still if he was able to process the information, decipher the defense, etc. with less hesitation.

As it is, putting him in there would not be the prudent thing to do.

If things click for him in practice, who knows? He might be right back in there.

We know he's much more talented than Fitzy.

It sucks, but it is what it is. I'd much rather see Rosey out there too.

He'd have been in there still if he was able to process the information, decipher the defense, etc. with less hesitation.

As it is, putting him in there would not be the prudent thing to do.

If things click for him in practice, who knows? He might be right back in there.

We know he's much more talented than Fitzy.

It sucks, but it is what it is. I'd much rather see Rosey out there too.

You are making my point for me. So you put him in and he struggles, you just improve your draft position.

Would be too intelligent for the Dolphins organization.

Yep. Trade a 2nd round pick for him and let him ride the bench. Mind boggling, isn't it?

My tiny, wee tankers. Shame on you and jokes on you. I told you there is no such thing as tanking.

We all knew the possibilities and capabilities when we acquired Fitzpatrick, something I was adamantly against.

Fitzpatrick stays where he is. He was nothing short of spectacular today.

Would I'd rather give Rosen the experience? Without a doubt. Do you bench today's Fitzpatrick? Uh... have you ever played a team sport before?

You are making my point for me. So you put him in and he struggles, you just improve your draft position.

Yep.
I get it, but it's not realistic.

If he's late on throws folks are going to get hurt.

This should close the book on the coaching staff and players are tanking bullshit. The Dolphins have finally gotten a good coaching staff in place yet that’s being overlooked. They’ll still pick top 3 so good QB possibilities are still very much in play. And the way this staff is coaching these guys up I feel good about them developing a QB.

Some of you guys are nuts. Fans and players/ coaches are different. These guys are busting their asses to win. I know to some super duper, smarty pants posters this is dumb but it’s what they do. If Flores inserted Rosen next week the entire locker room would be pissed as hell. They’ve been trending positively with Fitz for 4 weeks now change after a win? Half of the guys, more than half probably, don’t give a flying **** about the future of the Dolphins because they won’t be here. They just want to put out good tape and have a chance. I want the Dolphins to get the QB they want but I’m not going to be an idiot about it. Anyone thinking 0-16 was setting then self up for dissapointment. I wouldn’t get excited about that until around 0-12, 0-13 anything else is idiotic.

Some of you guys are nuts. Fans and players/ coaches are different. These guys are busting their asses to win. I know to some super duper, smarty pants posters this is dumb but it’s what they do. If Flores inserted Rosen next week the entire locker room would be pissed as hell. They’ve been trending positively with Fitz for 4 weeks now change after a win? Half of the guys, more than half probably, don’t give a flying **** about the future of the Dolphins because they won’t be here. They just want to put out good tape and have a chance. I want the Dolphins to get the QB they want but I’m not going to be an idiot about it. Anyone thinking 0-16 was setting then self up for dissapointment. I wouldn’t get excited about that until around 0-12, 0-13 anything else is idiotic.

So who cares if they get pissed since they are not going to here anyway? You need to see what you have in your young QB you gave up a top draft pick for.

So who cares if they get pissed since they are not going to here anyway? You need to see what you have in your young QB you gave up a top draft pick for.
They did for a few games.

Wasn't working.

He might be back in down the road.

Starting Rosen the next game, especially after the performance Fitzpatrick just had, would be impossible for the coach to justify.

They did for a few games.

Wasn't working.

He might be back in down the road.

Fitzpatrick got benched at the beginning too. While he is play well, he is not the future. At least with Rosen, there is a chance he could be.

Fitzpatrick got benched at the beginning too. While he is play well, he is not the future. At least with Rosen, there is a chance he could be.
He might get back in there.

I want to see him back in there.

Let's see what happens down the road.

Back
Top Bottom