Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now

Now that the team will not go winless and with the Bengals, Jets, Giants and Browns looming on the schedule, the team is unlikely to get a top-3 or possibly even top 5 pick. You need to play Rosen the rest of way to see what you have in him. After all, this organization traded a 2nd round pick for him. It is a win-win situation. Either he shows potential as the QB of the future or sucks, which would keep us in the running for a top pick. No point continuing with Fitzpatrick. I know this is not going to happen, but it is the prudent move.

Almost makes people think there's no tank

I think you absolutely could justify it as, we need to groom the future instead of the veteran who will be gone next year. And this is exactly what they should do, starting with the next 'winnable game' on the schedule....looks like week 14 against Jets? Others seem like safe losses. That actually seems feasible---'we need to eval Rosen for the last 4 games as an organization'

Last edited:
I doubt Rosen sees the field barring injury. He’s just lost and behind that OL and that could be fatal.

So who cares if they get pissed since they are not going to here anyway? You need to see what you have in your young QB you gave up a top draft pick for.

At a minimum, a thin majority of the players will still be on this team. This season was never about tanking!! It was about coaching up young players to ensure there is a talented deep team by 2021. You do that by getting young players who fit your scheme and reward the players that succeed in practice with playing time.

Maybe a couple games near the end of the season, but with Fitz in, we're seeing some other players get opportunities to make plays and get better. I want to know what we have in Gesicki, Williams, and Parker too. I don't think it's better for those guys to have Rosen in right now.
This is my thinking. Gesicki is showing promise for the first time in his career, Williams looks like a potential steal, and Parker hasn't been awful as well. Fitz isn't going to be here in 2 years, but some of the surrounding guys that may are developing with him at QB.

I don't have much faith in Rosen, frankly I don't have any, developing into the longterm answer at QB. Fitz has the offense playing decently, and the young guys improving. Why mess with whatever momentum we have going?

Rosen has to earn his playing time. The development of young offensive player is more important than the development of Rosen.

Now that the team will not go winless and with the Bengals, Jets, Giants and Browns looming on the schedule, the team is unlikely to get a top-3 or possibly even top 5 pick. You need to play Rosen the rest of way to see what you have in him. After all, this organization traded a 2nd round pick for him. It is a win-win situation. Either he shows potential as the QB of the future or sucks, which would keep us in the running for a top pick. No point continuing with Fitzpatrick. I know this is not going to happen, but it is the prudent move.

This...

I guess everything is on the table. My opinion just comes from the whole topic of leadership and body language. But, Rosen does have ability and it would be awesome if he was the answer. In that case, the team could actually draft other pieces to the puzzle. Young perhaps at with their first #1.

That said, I really do think Miami will draft a quarterback with their first pick. The question is which on - Tua, Burrow or Herbert? Depends on where the team ends up drafting. After today it could be followed by Cincinnati and NY Jets

If for some reason we do not get Tua (a bunch of Dolfans REALLY want him) Fitz and Rosen will have a better team next season and our team building will still include a QB (maybe 2) ... there is still the following year as well to filter through a couple of QB's to find the guy ...

In the meantime we have a great chance to build a team of quality starters via FA and the draft.... and the rookie QB will have time to show his worth without the usual pressure a rookie QB faces when drafted to a team without much talent ...

It sucks because we want a franchise guy and are sooooo tired of "maybe next year but the pain will be worth it in the end ... If the coaching staff can get this bunch ready to play like they have then I can only imagine what they could do with talent ....

And we may miss out on Tua ... or we could get him and he's not the guy ... either way we will get a franchise guy within the next 2 drafts (or FA) and he will actually have a team to lead

Rosen proved he isn’t ready to start. Our offense is tailored for a veteran like Fitzpatrick who can get the ball out quick because our OL is practice squad guys. I don’t think Rosen is terrible, nor do I think his career is over. He simply isn’t ready to lead a team as bad as ours. He might never get a shot if we draft a QB come April, but it is what it is at this point.

this board is so bi-polar

fitz will have no problem losing game after game for us. his arm was showing signs of decay even yesteday

let the team enjoy a win. it's not good mojo for a coach to go 0-16 for his first season, tanking or not.

how the hell could someone realistically expect Flores to tell his team we're pulling Fitzpatrick for Rosen after their first W?

this team is bad. the Bengals will get a win or two, the jets definitely have another win or two on their schedule (dolphins @ home for 1) maybe we get the first pick, maybe we don't.

but we aren't winning more than 2 or 3 games at most. I think it ends up being 2.

I'll take joy in watching our team compete, and seeing guys like DVP, Preston Williams, Walton, and Mike Gesicki develop .....which can't happen when Frozen Rosen puts up 7 points a game.

I was thinking this too after the win, but on the other hand, i'm pretty sure he's not the QB we're looking for.

Im all for playing to win but even ill admit if we end up 7-9 or something, thats alot of draft capital missed out on.

That is why I said it is not going to happen, but it should. For better or worse, he needs to be evaluated especially now that picking a franchise QB next year took a big hit.
I thought we already evaluated him?

If for some reason we do not get Tua (a bunch of Dolfans REALLY want him) Fitz and Rosen will have a better team next season and our team building will still include a QB (maybe 2) ... there is still the following year as well to filter through a couple of QB's to find the guy ...

In the meantime we have a great chance to build a team of quality starters via FA and the draft.... and the rookie QB will have time to show his worth without the usual pressure a rookie QB faces when drafted to a team without much talent ...

It sucks because we want a franchise guy and are sooooo tired of "maybe next year but the pain will be worth it in the end ... If the coaching staff can get this bunch ready to play like they have then I can only imagine what they could do with talent ....

And we may miss out on Tua ... or we could get him and he's not the guy ... either way we will get a franchise guy within the next 2 drafts (or FA) and he will actually have a team to lead
It's a good point. Part of me would love to see Miami get Young and build the offensive line, those foundation guys. But the teams that are winning big have top 10 caliber quarterbacks. The Dolphins have to find one.

have to go back to rosen now. absolutely can't afford to win anymore games. the way it looks now, 4-12 will put you outside the top 5. this just can't happen. we got our win, now its 1-15 rosen time. stay the course.
So you think Flores and the players want to go 1-15? If not, how exactly does this play out where Rosen becomes the starting QB again?

Back
Top Bottom