Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen needs to start the rest of the season now

Just going to throw something out of left field out there for a moment. It seems ridiculous on the surface, but what if the team actually believes the opposite? What if they have seen enough of Rosen to believe he can be the future, but don't believe he is ready just yet? What if their plan is to simply make him study behind Fitz and try him next year? If he fails then, they still have 2 first round picks next draft to get their QB? It would certainly explain the drive to win and the starting of Fitz. Once they traded for him I felt there really was no real push to draft a QB this next draft. I am starting to think there may be a real possibility of this.
This makes no sense at all. If you think Rosen is the future you have him take his lumps and learn during an obvious rebuilding year. Riding the pines does him no good if he's your future QB.

I thought we already evaluated him?
I would think the development and the evaluation of the player is an ongoing process.

If he's stagnant and not improving in practice he probably doesn't start again (barring injury).

If he is learning and improving, you probably will see him start again later this season.

After we lose the next four games and we are sitting at 1-11, Rosen will finish out the job against the the "tough" opponents on our schedule (Bengals, Giants and Jets). Thats how I see it going.

So you think Flores and the players want to go 1-15? If not, how exactly does this play out where Rosen becomes the starting QB again?
fitz develops shoulder discomfort this week in practice and is held out vs indy lol.

Yeah I don't see them benching the player that has picked this team up and carried it on his shoulder the last 4 weeks.

Look...I get it, we all want to win but at this point at what cost?? I'm glad we beat the hated Jest and hope we beat them again (and also our 2nd game against the Cheatriots) but aside from that, do you really want to wind up 5-11 or 6-10 ? And again be in the middling ground of the draft?

Guys need to face the fact that this is a lost season - it's done and we have no chance of going anywhere. With that in mind, why risk losing the chance at a top QB talent in 2020 by winning a few more meaningless games this year? I'm against actually throwing games but that ship seemed to have sailed when the FO/coaching staff decided to jettison most of our top shelf talent.

Sucks for the fans & players on the team this year but getting our record better this year is only going to make our rebuild a longer & more difficult process.

We know Rosen is not ready and with this OL there is little reason to think Fitz will not miss time. Perhaps we will find out more then. You can't break momentum by sitting Fitz now though. I think we will see Rosen before the year is done for evaluation of progress if nothing else.

This makes no sense at all. If you think Rosen is the future you have him take his lumps and learn during an obvious rebuilding year. Riding the pines does him no good if he's your future QB.

I understand why you would believe this way, and I don't entirely disagree with you, but your thoughts on Rosen assume a few things that we have no way of knowing:

1. That there is an elite QB available in this draft that the Dolphins want so badly they are willing to lose every game for him
2. That the Dolphins are seeking a quick turnaround
3. That Josh Rosen can only truly be evaluated with playing time this year, or must be fully evaluated by the end of this year.
4. That they plan to build around the QB first

If any of the above are untrue, then lots of possibilities open up that most fans just assume are impossible because they don't line up with what most of us as fans would like to see. We can argue about the wisdom of a different approach, but only time will show what the FO and coaching staff really believe.

Maybe they don't think they HAVE to pick a QB this year. Maybe they don't want Tua after all. Maybe they really like Rosen and don't want him injured. Maybe Floresand Grier have the full five years to get this done.

If you can turn off your emotional attachment to a plan that you would execute and get brutally honest and objective about what is happening here, it might make more sense than it does right now. Of course, we can all argue about the wisdom of the staff looking at things a different way than the fans are, but that does't mean they wont follow their own plan regardless.

Disagree. Dude has like 15 starts under his belt and was about the worst passer in the NFL last year and this year lol. Flores would lose the locker room if he went back to Rosen.

Heck, going back to Fitzpatrick for the Redskins game after saying Rosen was the starter early in the week was when he put Grier on notice. It's Grier's job on the line to find an elite QB for this franchise or be fired, and that means whether he has the 1st or 8th pick to work with. No excuses. The league is filled with elite QBs that weren't drafted #1 overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom