Rosen Not Going..... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Not Going.....

Also since Tua will be back to throwing come March he's still a top 3 pick.

His ankle surgeries were not required ones, they were both to help future injuries from happening. Not a lot of info on them, but it wasn't cause of injury.

I'm not so sure.

What a lot of people on here who have quoted previous QBs such as Brees or Watson with pre-existing injuries & surgery is that none of them were for a dislocated hip which for any athlete is disastrous far much more than a shoulder or even ACL tear.

I feel for the kid but that's one serious injury and regardless of modern day science that joint will never be the same which is a central function to everyday movement let alone for professional sports. It normally takes years to get used to it & learning from a buddy of mine who had a similar injury the pain is initially unbearable.

I'd be shocked if he makes a full recovery from this & play at the same high quality prior to the incident. Most likely he will learn to compensate from certain movements and maybe focus on other aspects of his game.

Top 3 pick after this injury - I'd be surprised but who knows in this QB needy supply & demand environment, especially as there seems to be a lack of top rated QBs supposedly declaring for the 2020 draft compared to this year's draft.

I'm not so sure.

What a lot of people on here who have quoted previous QBs such as Brees or Watson with pre-existing injuries & surgery is that none of them were for a dislocated hip which for any athlete is disastrous far much more than a shoulder or even ACL tear.

I feel for the kid but that's one serious injury and regardless of modern day science that joint will never be the same which is a central function to everyday movement let alone for professional sports. It normally takes years to get used to it & learning from a buddy of mine who had a similar injury the pain is initially unbearable.

I'd be shocked if he makes a full recovery from this & play at the same high quality prior to the incident. Most likely he will learn to compensate from certain movements and maybe focus on other aspects of his game.

Top 3 pick after this injury - I'd be surprised but who knows in this QB needy supply & demand environment, especially as there seems to be a lack of top rated QBs supposedly declaring for the 2020 draft compared to this year's draft.

Tua's greatest gift is his ability to process post snap...it is unreal. So if he has to adjust (once again we know nothing about his injury and his potential recovery, just speculation) it won't be drastic.

Still, I'll gamble on that recovery over other QBs and hoping they work out their issues.

Tua's greatest gift is his ability to process post snap...it is unreal. So if he has to adjust (once again we know nothing about his injury and his potential recovery, just speculation) it won't be drastic.

Still, I'll gamble on that recovery over other QBs and hoping they work out their issues.

I was thinking more of his mechanics than cerebral reading of the game which I agree is very impressive compared to the other QBs in this draft class.

Furthermore, if you're intent on drafting Tua and using a high draft pick for him are you not concerned with so far his inability to take a hit.

Freak injury or not you can only go on the facts and any risk model would suggest taking hits in the NFL will occur & whether he can withstand them which currently in college he cannot.

But lets be honest regardless if we draft Tua or not our franchise will take years of rebuilding so I'm all for giving Rosen the reins now whilst we rebuild & I would prefer to grab Lawrence in 2021 who so far I would say may not have the post read ability of Tua but is getting there & seems more able to take some hits which I do think is key if you're drafting a franchise QB for the NFL. Not point have an ultra talented QB if he can't make it onto the field.

And those are the guys that come in knowing what they're doing and fail anyway. You think the guy who IS in the NFL, hasn't played well, AND doesn't know what he's doing is the one that's going to eventually succeed?

Come on... This isn't high school. These dudes are the best of the best and a lot of them play with a highly competitive edge. What does it say when the QB who sucks and is currently sitting on the bench never knew how to identify the Mike? I mean, ok, so your offensive coordinator in college didn't require it, I get that, but don't you think a normal person with a brain that WANTS to succeed in the NFL would learn that on his own so at least he has some sort of clue coming in? I can only speak for myself because I'm a highly competitive person, but I look at Rosen and don't see it. He isn't good, and I don't even think he has the drive to be good to be honest.

If this guy was drafted in the 5th round instead of the 10th pick, he would have already been theoretically cut from the team by most of this forum, but because he has this "arm talent", whatever that means, he deserves 8 billion chances and every possible excuse in the book thrown his way?

Here's the thing that gets me... there are sooooooooooooo many more people on this forum that would cut Ballage today than there are people who would cut Rosen. Why? Don't all the excuses for Rosen also apply to Ballage? His line sucks, the offense sucks etc etc? Why does the QB get the benefit of the doubt? It isn't all because of his draft position...
Maybe you can have Grier's job... LOL

Mike Mayock, pre-draft labeled Rosen the best natural pocket passer to come out in several years. And watch it with the "**** ******" insults

Rosen is garbage. Get over it.

So Tua can't hold up to NFL pounding, but you campaign for a guy who had shoulder surgery in college one year and the next year had 2 concussions in a month to be the long term starter.

Cute.

Rosen is garbage.

Tua to the Pats where he will have a full recovery.

Tua to Miami? Wheelchair in 3 games if he makes it out of training camp.

With the luck we have... draft Tua? No, no.

I know that's the dumbest of all stupid of the most ridiculous of reasons not to draft Tua (you know, besides the very serious f@cking injury he just sustained) but LET IT BE KNOWN HERE TODAY: if we draft Tua, he will never be the same player he used to be.

I have spoken. Commit it to memory.

I understand plenty of football, which is why I see the enormous talent gap between the 2 which is why I post such sarcastic comments.

Rosen has a talented arm and that's where the NFL talent stops. Slow processing speed, trouble reading defenses, even the small things are lacking with the guy. He had his chance and got worse and that's including his time in Arizona.

You can't create a good arm in the NFL. You can make improvements to the skills a QB has, but there is little help to overcome physical limitations.

As to a QB's mentality in relation to his job, any of these guys could make some degree of improvement in their accuracy and speed of reading defenses. Accurately reading the other teams defense is the most important mental skill they can develop. Speed follows but all the speed in the world won't help if a QB can not accurately read a defense. No one will read them correctly all the time, but some will be better at it then others.

Now here is the rub. I call it maturity.

If a guy who has had success in college but doesn't adjust to developing a new and expanded mentality at QB in the NFL won't succeed. A lot of these guys think they are "God's gift to the Universe" after the Draft; until a few 300 pound Defensive players who are quick and smart enough to know how to get to him show him otherwise.

A lot of new QB's seem to be escape artists. That seldom lasts more then a season or two. Then, when they should be making great strides forward in terms of QB mental performance, they are typically relying on running skills which by then have been identified and adjusted for by other teams; or they start throwing into tighter windows with poor success.

They should have been reading the defenses better and making smarter choices, which no longer includes running and missed passing opportunities due to a lack of recognition of the defense that is in front of them.

This is a cycle of failure, or at least limited achievement, that many QB's face. I would use Johnny Manziel as a worst case example of this kind of immaturity, although his was complicated by using chemicals as an escape from his problems, which is possibly the ultimate level of immaturity: such as self-destructive habits and undisciplined life styles.

We've all seen this happen. Wither we recognize it as a common problem is another matter.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of his mechanics than cerebral reading of the game which I agree is very impressive compared to the other QBs in this draft class.

Furthermore, if you're intent on drafting Tua and using a high draft pick for him are you not concerned with so far his inability to take a hit.

Freak injury or not you can only go on the facts and any risk model would suggest taking hits in the NFL will occur & whether he can withstand them which currently in college he cannot.

But lets be honest regardless if we draft Tua or not our franchise will take years of rebuilding so I'm all for giving Rosen the reins now whilst we rebuild & I would prefer to grab Lawrence in 2021 who so far I would say may not have the post read ability of Tua but is getting there & seems more able to take some hits which I do think is key if you're drafting a franchise QB for the NFL. Not point have an ultra talented QB if he can't make it onto the field.

Availability is the best ability.

Tua to the Pats where he will have a full recovery.

Tua to Miami? Wheelchair in 3 games if he makes it out of training camp.

With the luck we have... draft Tua? No, no.

I know that's the dumbest of all stupid of the most ridiculous of reasons not to draft Tua (you know, besides the very serious f@cking injury he just sustained) but LET IT BE KNOWN HERE TODAY: if we draft Tua, he will never be the same player he used to be.

I have spoken. Commit it to memory.
Tua is IR-ready, a China Doll. If injuries incurred on one of the best teams in college is not a dire warning sign, I don't know what is.

The part where he talks about gathering information on the Bills for later makes it really sound like he has been told he is the QB next year going in.

The part where he talks about gathering information on the Bills for later makes it really sound like he has been told he is the QB next year going in.
I heard a reference that "he'll see these D coordinators again". I didn't assume he meant as a Dolphin, but he probably did.

I doubt he has been gauranteed anything, other than a fair chance to compete. Flo doesn't seem the type for making promises.

Nice.

Concise and accurate.

I hope your not going to try and take credit though.....lol

I had been thinking about adding "ask Ryan Tannehill", but the thoughts of all the "Lemming" juice and "Lemming" drops this was likely to generate made me decide to let him rest in peace while he is playing well for the Titans.

I'm getting pretty good at this "tongue in cheek" stuff, don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom