Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH

Elite Smarts

Active Roster
Reaction score
I keep seeing around the forum that even if Rosen plays well, you still draft QB with #1 pick just to make sure you have franchise QB. Have 2 bites at the apple they say.

I think this theory is wrong, if Rosen shows to Flores & staff that he can be a franchise QB for the team, YOU GO ALL IN ON ROSEN! Trade your first round draft pick for multiple 1sts and 2nds and build around Rosen through all those high picks. If Tua separates himself from his peers then you can really get big haul for team desperate for a QB (Bucs, Bengals, Titans, Raiders). Also when you draft QB with top 5 pick (most likely 1st pick) then there's no QB competition. You damn well know that QB going to start week 1 as he's going to make or break Chris Grier tenure as GM so you damn well know he'll want him starting ASAP!

If Rosen isn't good then of course go ahead and draft your QB and have Rosen as backup. I think you Dolphins fans will agree that the best situation is for Rosen to show he can be a franchise QB so you can trade #1 for massive haul. Like Imagine if Bucs land top 10 pick, Winston remains a bust and GM is in the hot seat and gets desperate and offers an RG3 haul for Tua who has potential to receive similar hype. Dolphins are already loaded with picks but then you add RG3 haul to your war chest. That right there can make the Dolphins become a DYNASTY!

Im enjoying this rebuild process as an outsider and also a fan of Rosen so def excited to see him against Cowboys and I'm telling everyone I know that I believe Rosen will be the Dolphins franchise QB.

Dolphins fans get excited! People maybe laughing at you now but that laughter will turn to envy when they see Flores, Grier & Rosen holding up the SB trophy!

Last edited:
If it were me and Rosen shows that he is the guy, then I would trade the first pick for a kings ransom. However, Rosen has to show a lot of upside. Damn near the second coming of Marino. No more Tannehill ****! I would need him to put up 4000 yards and 30 TDs in the next 14 games.

The ONLY way you pass on Tua is if Rosen play's lights out for the majority of the games he plays in. If he plays well a couple a games here and there or plays well a couple of qtrs here and there I believe you still draft Tua.

It would be foolish to go all in on Rosen based on a couple of good games, also having 2 potentially good QB's is never a bad thing in the NFL. We've had QB's who have flashed and showed promise and we went all in for 7 years, let us not repeat history.

First off, I like Rosen, I support him. The buts here are that o line is crap, and his receivers drop perfectly thrown balls.
If he is sacked, is it the line or Rosen? If a ball is not caught, is it the WR or Rosen?
My point is that I'm not sure he gets a fair shake, even if he himself is playing good.
My take on the OP's question is, even if Rosen plays very good and we can take That do it. First off is Rosen gets hurt we have a great replacement. Also if Tua and Rosen are here a QB battle could result in a starter for us and great trade bait for the other

I keep seeing around the forum that even if Rosen plays well, you still draft QB with #1 pick just to make sure you have franchise QB. Have 2 bites at the apple they say.

I think this theory is wrong, if Rosen shows to Flores & staff that he can be a franchise QB for the team, YOU GO ALL IN ON ROSEN! Trade your first round draft pick for multiple 1sts and 2nds and build around Rosen through all those high picks. If Tua separates himself from his peers then you can really get big haul for team desperate for a QB (Bucs, Bengals, Titans, Raiders). Also when you draft QB with top 5 pick (most likely 1st pick) then there's no QB competition. You damn well know that QB going to start week 1 as he's going to make or break Chris Grier tenure as GM so you damn well know he'll want him starting ASAP!

If Rosen isn't good then of course go ahead and draft your QB and have Rosen as backup. I think you Dolphins fans will agree that the best situation is for Rosen to show he can be a franchise QB so you can trade #1 for massive haul. Like Imagine if Bucs land top 10 pick, Winston remains a bust and GM is in the hot seat and gets desperate and offers an RG3 haul for Tua who has potential to receive similar hype. Dolphins are already loaded with picks but then you add RG3 haul to your war chest. That right there can make the Dolphins become a DYNASTY!

Im enjoying this rebuild process as an outsider and also a fan of Rosen so def excited to see him against Cowboys and I'm telling everyone I know that I believe Rosen will be the Dolphins franchise QB.

Dolphins fans get excited! People maybe laughing at you now but that laughter will turn to envy when they see Flores, Grier & Rosen holding up the SB trophy!
Easy... Keep Rosen. He made 2 PERFECT TD throws against NE. Just dropped. Tua will be a bust. As a Patriots fan, I'd love to see the fish blow it as usual. However, Flores has jettisoned the top talent and gotten a haul of picks. Fleeced Houston! I don't understand why you are all upset about the rebuild.

hes still auditioning this season
hes only starting this week
lets see if he can prove to the org he is the future as the season wears on
i will give him all remaining weeks before making a judgment
Rosen was more composed than Fitz. He also had 2 perfect (and long) TD passes. He'll get killed this year with no O-line.

The ONLY way you pass on Tua is if Rosen play's lights out for the majority of the games he plays in. If he plays well a couple a games here and there or plays well a couple of qtrs here and there I believe you still draft Tua.

It would be foolish to go all in on Rosen based on a couple of good games, also having 2 potentially good QB's is never a bad thing in the NFL. We've had QB's who have flashed and showed promise and we went all in for 7 years, let us not repeat history.
I think if he plays well in 2nd half of the season after oline gels a bit, Miami won't draft a QB.

If it were me and Rosen shows that he is the guy, then I would trade the first pick for a kings ransom. However, Rosen has to show a lot of upside. Damn near the second coming of Marino. No more Tannehill ****! I would need him to put up 4000 yards and 30 TDs in the next 14 games.

Absolutely not, If rosen is that good he can fight off Tua or whomever we draft then yeah.. How would you feel if we skipped on Tua he goes to the jets after darnold fizzles out and wins a superbowl.. NO it just doesn't make sense to me to take that risk, Rosen will get the starting gig in 2020 to start and it will be with a young talented newly rebuilt roster .. IF he goes and Throws 35 tds the next season he keeps his job simple as that, if he falters Its Tua time but He will start next season to buy tua a chance to get comfortable as an NFL QB.

You do realize if we draft Tua, Rosen plays well and he doesn't see the field because of it we can STILL get a kings ransom for Tua, SImilar to how the chargers the situation when they had Drew Brees and Phillip RIvers god they made the mistake in that one but if Bree's hadn't gotten injured they would have likely been able to trade him for multiple 1st rounders.

News flash....maybe the team isn't eying Tua. Rosen plays well the rest of the season, we can trade one of our firsts, and use it as more draft ammo. Maybe pick up a different QB just a bit down the order. We don't have to drop 10 spots with the pick we trade. Hell, just need to move a spot or two to get some value back.

Back
Top Bottom