Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH

A QB doesn't have to be a bust to be replaced.

As long as a team keeps testing the water with new potential QB's, sooner or later they will find one better then the one they are playing. That is a good thing.

It may take two or three years to evaluate and train an upcoming potential replacement. In the mean time, that potential replacement will be the backup QB. This is the way it should be at every position.

One unique feature about the QB position, is it often has a longer career potential then most of the other positions. This is why a potential replacement may need to play second fiddle for a few years. If the primary QB keeps playing at a very high level, we can trade off the backup for a draft pick and possibly another player. At this point the 3rd string QB becomes your second string QB while the team improves at each position the QB search continues. This kind of replenishment should go on forever.

Abso-frigging-lutely... but a lot of teams that do this, do it with mid-round QBs...

Which... considering just how many QBs are predicted to go early in next year's draft... might be an excellent strategy.

With all the #1s next year... some solid guys might fall to the third day.

Watch and see.

Go with ROSEN! Definitely would not pick a QB in the first rd 2020. give rosen 2020 if he is not the answer pick a QB in 2021.

One player does not make a team. I'm ok with developing Rosen, this myth that we have to take a qb number one is just ignoring that good gms build good teams. So far we have not proven to have a good GM but his trades this season have been for very good value but they are used to help him draft another Dion jordan its all for moot.

I keep seeing around the forum that even if Rosen plays well, you still draft QB with #1 pick just to make sure you have franchise QB. Have 2 bites at the apple they say.

I think this theory is wrong, if Rosen shows to Flores & staff that he can be a franchise QB for the team, YOU GO ALL IN ON ROSEN! Trade your first round draft pick for multiple 1sts and 2nds and build around Rosen through all those high picks. If Tua separates himself from his peers then you can really get big haul for team desperate for a QB (Bucs, Bengals, Titans, Raiders). Also when you draft QB with top 5 pick (most likely 1st pick) then there's no QB competition. You damn well know that QB going to start week 1 as he's going to make or break Chris Grier tenure as GM so you damn well know he'll want him starting ASAP!

If Rosen isn't good then of course go ahead and draft your QB and have Rosen as backup. I think you Dolphins fans will agree that the best situation is for Rosen to show he can be a franchise QB so you can trade #1 for massive haul. Like Imagine if Bucs land top 10 pick, Winston remains a bust and GM is in the hot seat and gets desperate and offers an RG3 haul for Tua who has potential to receive similar hype. Dolphins are already loaded with picks but then you add RG3 haul to your war chest. That right there can make the Dolphins become a DYNASTY!

Im enjoying this rebuild process as an outsider and also a fan of Rosen so def excited to see him against Cowboys and I'm telling everyone I know that I believe Rosen will be the Dolphins franchise QB.

Dolphins fans get excited! People maybe laughing at you now but that laughter will turn to envy when they see Flores, Grier & Rosen holding up the SB trophy!

Stop!! Do not pass Go do not collect 200 dollars!’
You know that Rosen is the franchise Qb??!
Where are on Amazon did you buy that Crystal ball??

I'd roll with Rosen in 2020 and start stocking the shelves in other key positions. If this year and next shows us Rosen ain't the guy, well then, we will be sitting there with plenty of ammo and a potential Trevor Lawrence entering the draft.

ROSEN..draft LT G DL. maybe trade back couple of times for more picks in 2021. 2021..LAWRENCE!!!
Tua: 87/112 77.7% 1300yds 17TDs 0INTs 224.3 rating
Lawrence: 66/106 62.3% 925yds 7TDs 5INTs 157.6 rating

Back
Top Bottom