Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins

You are saying our team is so bad we should be in the Tua sweepstakes (even if Fitzpatrick starts) yet your fear is that Rosen could grind out 6-7 wins. I am not sure about you but if a QB makes such a difference on such a ****ty team to grind out 6-7 wins I think we have a winner on our hand.

These arguments against Rosen get more ridiculous by the day.
Yeah, like, "what if he's so good we can't get a good QB next year?? We'll be effed!!" LOL

In that case, then it wouldn't matter who our QB is, we would win 6+ games and we would need to trade up for a QB. Another resounding success then. Means we have a stud coach. Yall are praying for 2 wins like its going to be something positive for this franchise. We get Tua, but we just invested a 2 and a 5 into a QB and cleaned out the staff. If we win two games, you have to clean house again. Terrible coaching staff, terrible GM, terrible QB play.
A late 2 and 5 is compensation for a back-up QB, the surprise will be if he plays like a franchise
Also, a 2-win season is pretty much expected so there won't be a house-cleaning, it will be considered "following the plan"

We have a lot of picks next year, including a 1st and 2 2nds. We package them up with the 2021 1st round pick and we will get Tua or 1 of the top QBs, if necessary. If not, we fill the holes with our 10+ draft picks and get Lawrence in 2021. My hope is that Rosen does well and is our franchise QB. If so, we could actually contend in 2021. They're the Dolphins, what can go wrong with that plan? Lol..

Well, now that the draft is done we'll have to endure this crap till the season starts. Trading for Rosen was a great idea but some people will not agree no matter what.

But what really sucks is GOT only have two more episodes so we'll really have nothing to talk about till the season starts so expect more threads like this one.
Good thing we have VIP. At least there's a lot of stuff there that we talk about.

Nope, not just you. One thread we need is predicting excuses why Rosen won't be 'the guy.' It will save some here a lot of work. For example, 'yeah, Rosen won 8 games, but the OC was AWESOME!!' Or, 'yeah, Rosen won 8 games, but no one expected the OL to be that good!!' Always followed by 'We need to do whatever it takes to get Tua.'

Give the guy '19. Let fans see what the last 8 games show. THEN, debate who the R1 pick should be.

Worst thing ever -- Rosen plays wicked nasty killer ball and now we're screwed
because we'd be better off if he sucked! I mean we all know it would be a 1 year fluke
and no way we count on the kid improving with more practice and game experience!

A late 2 and 5 is compensation for a back-up QB, the surprise will be if he plays like a franchise
Also, a 2-win season is pretty much expected so there won't be a house-cleaning, it will be considered "following the plan"
A 2 and a 5 is not compensation for a back up lol. Yall are swearing that a 2nd and a 5th is nothing for Rosen. I dont hate the deal, its good value for a potential. Its nice to swing for the fences even if we come up short. But everyone is completely acting like a 2 and a 5 is nothing.

Also, if this team wins 2 games, everyone should be fired. Maybe they wont. But they absolutely should.

A 2 and a 5 is not compensation for a back up lol. Yall are swearing that a 2nd and a 5th is nothing for Rosen. I dont hate the deal, its good value for a potential. Its nice to swing for the fences even if we come up short. But everyone is completely acting like a 2 and a 5 is nothing.

Also, if this team wins 2 games, everyone should be fired. Maybe they wont. But they absolutely should.
show me starter you can get for that kind of value

Steve Young, Brett Favre, Danute Culpepper off the top of my head. Now show me where a team traded a 2nd round pick for a back up QB
Favre was traded for a 1st round pick, the Bucs had Testaverde and the Vikings had Brad Johnson as starters
Also, AJ Feeley was a back-up in Philly, so was Jimmy Garoppolo

Last edited:
If Rosen gets 7 wins, we don't need a QB in the next draft. This team has been stripped of talent, so I would be happy with 7 wins from him.

Favre was traded for a 1st round pick, the Bucs had Testaverde and the Vikings had Brad Johnson as starters
Also, AJ Feeley was a back-up in Philly, so was Jimmy Garoppolo

All those QBs were traded TO BE STARTERS. Who cares what they were before. The intent to trade a 2nd round pick was for them to be starters.

We only traded him for a 5th....we deferred the second to next year from the Saints trade.

Last edited:
62-7
A Crooked Moustache*
The Smoker
The Quitter
Gus Frerrote
1-15
Cleo Lemon
John Beck
Fatcells
Chad Henne
Pat White
Bullygate
Joe Philbin
Ocho Cinco?
Dion Jordan
Jay Cutler
Jordan Phillips

But ya, Josh Rosen is the last peg that will sink this battle ship.

*added in an edit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom