Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins

We only traded him for a 5th....we deferred the second to next year from the Saints trade.

That is just simply not true. Those were two separate deals. We could of picked at 62 this year and still had a 2nd next year. It was great maneuvering by Grier. I think its a good trade, like ive said many times. You take a shot on a talented young thrower for a 2nd and 5th. I am just saying, some people seem delusional on what we gave up and what the expectations are. If he is nothing more then a back up, that trade was a failure.

All those QBs were traded TO BE STARTERS. Who cares what they were before. The intent to trade a 2nd round pick was for them to be starters.
there were players ahead of them in each case, that's why they were available in the first place. Also, any of those guys traded for the 62nd pick or lower?

Obviously this poster thinks Rosen ain't the solution but if Rosen goes 8-8 with this mediocre team 1 st year. He is a player. We wont need a QB. Only QB I want if Rosen fails is Trevor Lawrence. We have time til then to evaluate Rosen. I dont care what the circumstances is in 2021. If we have to give up 3 #1 picks to pick 1st in 2021 to get Trevor. You do it. That kid is going to be a Top 5 all time QB. Get it done.

We only traded him for a 5th....we deferred the second to next year from the Saints trade.
I'm totally behind the move, but that isn't even close to being accurate.

The trade with NO is a seperate thing, and even if you view them as being connected, that 2nd will almost certainly be a lot lower than the one we dealt away.

We traded a 2, and a 5 period.

there were players ahead of them in each case, that's why they were available in the first place. Also, any of those guys traded for the 62nd pick or lower?
I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me you are moving the goal posts from the original statement.

Carry on though.

I'm totally behind the move, but that isn't even close to being accurate.

The trade with NO is a seperate thing, and even if you view them as being connected, that 2nd will almost certainly be a lot lower than the one we dealt away.

We traded a 2, and a 5 period.

Nah I'm good with how I phrased it.

I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me you are moving the goal posts from the original statement.

Carry on though.
I said you don't get a team's starter for a late 2nd and a 5th. when did I move away from that?

If he grinds us 6 or 7 wins, then we found our QB of the future and we should build around him. Why you mad?

I for one agree with you Trinidad. Everyone and their mom is calling this move a slam dunk.

There is plenty that can go wrong, including what you stated. Some people around here are pulling the wool over their eyes since they want to be optimistic but we cant sit and ignore exactly what you stated.

The Rosen trade "COULD" be harmful to our draft position next year but I would argue that if Rosen does that well then we may not need another QB next year.
If Rosen shits the bed, you can always trade up and get the guy you want. You scared little fans need to ditch the losing mindset, grow a pair and be ok with this trade.

I said you don't get a team's starter for a late 2nd and a 5th. when did I move away from that?
Ahh, but that's not what you said.

You said, simply, "a starter". You didn't say "another teams starter".

Those are not the same statements, at all.

Ahh, but that's not what you said.

You said, simply, "a starter". You didn't say "another teams starter".

Those are not the same statements, at all.
Here is the actual quote:
"...A late 2 and 5 is compensation for a back-up QB..."
also, how can you trade for someone who isn't on "another team"?

62-7
The Crooked Moustache*
The Smoker
The Quitter
Gus Frerrote
1-15
Cleo Lemon
John Beck
Fatcells
Chad Henne
Pat White
Bullygate
Joe Philbin
Ocho Cinco?
Dion Jordan
Jay Cutler
Jordan Phillips

But ya, Josh Rosen is the last peg that will sink this battle ship.

*added in an edit.
I liked Jay Cutler.

Well, now that the draft is done we'll have to endure this crap till the season starts. Trading for Rosen was a great idea but some people will not agree no matter what.

But what really sucks is GOT only have two more episodes so we'll really have nothing to talk about till the season starts so expect more threads like this one.
Good thing we have VIP. At least there's a lot of stuff there that we talk about.
It is this illogical viewpoint that even if we win seven games with Rosen playing great football, we still need to draft Tua because he would have won double that according to fans. If Rosen plays at a high level then he has earned his chance. I am more interested in actual evaluations of the coming QB class instead of putting all our chips on one guy

Back
Top Bottom