Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Pick Can Harm Fins

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
The main argument for acquiring Rosen is that he has a chance to be good, for a minimal price.

The flaw here is that most posters say “hey, if he bombs then we just go QB in 2020”. No downside, right?

Wrong.

It is VERY likely that he wins the starting job early on, and with a year already under his belt, he may grind us to 6 or 7 wins.

If that happens, most likely in my opinion, we will be out of the sweepstakes for a top QB in 2020. Trust me when I say that a QB needy team will not trade out of their top spot/s I’m 2020, regardless of the compensation offered.

So, a likely outcome is Fins in a draft purgatory position, again.

The only workaround is to start Fitzcake for the entirety (or most) of the season. And then let Rosen and Tua/Fromm etc battle for the starting position in 2020.

The main argument for acquiring Rosen is that he has a chance to be good, for a minimal price.

The flaw here is that most posters say “hey, if he bombs then we just go QB in 2020”. No downside, right?

Wrong.

It is VERY likely that he wins the starting job early on, and with a year already under his belt, he may grind us to 6 or 7 wins.

If that happens, most likely in my opinion, we will be out of the sweepstakes for a top QB in 2020. Trust me when I say that a QB needy team will not trade out of their top spot/s I’m 2020, regardless of the compensation offered.

The only workaround is to start Fitzcake for the entirety (or most) of the season. And then let Rosen and Tua/Fromm etc battle for the starting position in 2020.

That is a terrible idea...

If Rosen is good enough to get us to 7 wins while Fitzpatrick gets us #1, then probably tells us we don't need to take a QB, Rosen must be pretty good.

Wrong.

Nonsense

That is all.

Wrong.

You are saying our team is so bad we should be in the Tua sweepstakes (even if Fitzpatrick starts) yet your fear is that Rosen could grind out 6-7 wins. I am not sure about you but if a QB makes such a difference on such a shitty team to grind out 6-7 wins I think we have a winner on our hand.

These arguments against Rosen get more ridiculous by the day.

That is a terrible idea...

If Rosen is good enough to get us to 7 wins while Fitzpatrick gets us #1, then probably tells us we don't need to take a QB, Rosen must be pretty good.

Completely this. If Rosen gets 7 wins with a roster that isn’t complete and the team still has all the picks in 2020 with 125 mil in cap space? How is that bad?

It's not a sweepstakes for QB in 2020, it's a lottery. The chances are slim it will work out in your favor. Tank for Tua is a terribly flawed concept and will do more harm to the franchise than good in the long run.

I'm not a fan of Rosen, but if this teams wins 7 games, Rosen deserves to stay. The 4-5 win range is the worst range in my opinion.

When I say I am not a fan, I just don't think he that good. Hope he proves me wrong.

Getting tanking in our minds is ruining the website. We all understand how awesome it would be to have the first overall pick and get the pick of the litter of a strong QB class. Only some of us understand how hard it is. We’re likely in the 5-7 win range whether we start Fitz or Rosen unless the wheels fall off injury wise. The NFL has so many teams that will beat themselves counting on losing is a fools game. I expect us to have a good scheme, have good fundamentals and dicispline and not beat ourselves or else I’ll be dissapointed in the new staff. That alone will take us out of the running for the first overall pick. Outside of the end group and the age old problem of OLINE there is some talent here. I find a 2 or 3 win season difficult to achieve unless guys drop like flies. It even took that in 07. The team we rolled out week 1 was probably a 4-6 win team but once the injury bug hit it quickly became a 0 win team that got lucky once.

I for one agree with you Trinidad. Everyone and their mom is calling this move a slam dunk.

There is plenty that can go wrong, including what you stated. Some people around here are pulling the wool over their eyes since they want to be optimistic but we cant sit and ignore exactly what you stated.

The Rosen trade "COULD" be harmful to our draft position next year but I would argue that if Rosen does that well then we may not need another QB next year.

Back
Top Bottom