Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen should be the Dolphins long term answer

Uggh I hate when people bring up 1st pick history, 1st round history, What school or System he played in when analyzing a QB..

None of that matters and its just lazy to bring up this stuff as proof, IF you call out a players flaws fine, If you call out his mental accumen fine.. When you bring up he is a QB coming from Bama as a reason he will not be successful that is the type of comment that really pisses me off.

Analyze the prospect, the field awarness, the accuracy don't state well 1st pick overalls success rates are garbage or some other nonsense. In my view it just discredits anything else i am going to read from that person

Uggh I hate when people bring up 1st pick history, 1st round history, What school or System he played in when analyzing a QB..

None of that matters and its just lazy to bring up this stuff as proof, IF you call out a players flaws fine, If you call out his mental accumen fine.. When you bring up he is a QB coming from Bama as a reason he will not be successful that is the type of comment that really pisses me off.

Analyze the prospect, the field awarness, the accuracy don't state well 1st pick overalls success rates are garbage or some other nonsense. In my view it just discredits anything else i am going to read from that person

Anyone that can see past the end of their nose and has any semblance of football acumen whatsoever, knows the type of quarterbacks Alabama has always won with. Mostly the game manager types. The program was built on an overpowering running game and suffocating defense. It's brought home many a championship. Guys like Namath and Stabler were exceptions.

But never has Alabama had a quarterback that literally changed the way football is played there. If anything, a person should be able to piece together these bits of evidence in comparison to the history of NFL quarterbacks that have came from Alabama in the past - and come to the conclusion that a special player has revealed themselves.

Saban is used to having a bus driver at the QB position. Even he was forced to change the way he coaches and approaches the game, and rework his entire philosophy because of Tua. Talent like that will not be denied.

Now that Saban has experienced what it's like to have a fighter jet at the QB position instead of a bus driver, the results speak for themselves. He wants another one when Tua is gone, but unlikely he'll ever have another like him.

You do know 81 stated in the 'last 30 years' and you respond with Bradshaw and Plunkett. Looks like you confirmed his point.
But I don't lke the SB hurdle. Marino was an elite QB, but never won a SB. I'd like a few people to lokk at 81's list and name the elite QBs coming from top 5 picks. Not Pro Bowl. Not top 10. ELITE. I see PManning.
I have to go along with you there. "Elite" is a unquantifiable term, so different ppl may have differing opinions on what elite is.

Some will point to guys like Matt Ryan, or Andrew Luck, and say they are elite, but to me they are borderline at best, and I don't put them in that rarefied status. Very good is not elite in my opinion. Guys like Mayfield, or Mahomes may be elite one day, but it is really too soon to say.

I also think you have to take mock drafts, and media hype with a grain of salt these days. Between the promotional hype machines these players employ, and opinions stated for the sole purpose of being internet "click bait", a lot of it becomes meaningless in reality, but teams in position to take the top pick are usually critically flawed teams, who are trying to sell tickets with the next "face of the franchise" who, most of the time, ends up mediocre, at best, because the organization failed to construct a good "team" around him.

Last edited:

When people say ANY player is a can't miss, it is fair to remind them of the number of 'can't misses' who missed. When someone says Miami WILL draft a player, it's fair to remind them their target may not be Flo's

What part exactly? The part where he was sacked 45 times or the part where he was running for his life the remaining snaps? Add to that soup they had an embarrassing o coordinator and no offensive talent. Sorry but I’m calling BS because you can’t ask a rookie to carry your $hitty team, and that includes Miami

You're aware I'm totally supporting Rosen, right? But there is a middle ground between "A franchise QB can overcome all adversity on an NFL team" (which is insane) and "A QB is blameless when he has a bad team around him" (which is equally insane.

You're aware I'm totally supporting Rosen, right? But there is a middle ground between "A franchise QB can overcome all adversity on an NFL team" (which is insane) and "A QB is blameless when he has a bad team around him" (which is equally insane.

Rosen performed exactly as most NFL rookie QBs have in the past. Shaky. IMO the criticism he’s received is unfair and naive. His production as well as the RB and WR production in Arizona was totally tied to a bad scheme, bad coaching and a horrific oline. He’s experiencing the same thing in Miami now and until they protect him and give him complimentary skill players who can catch he will struggle like any young player would. Without the drops he would be hailed as the second coming with 7-8 tds. There’s no QB currently in college who would have success in Miami right now, because a QBs success is always tied to play calling, scheme, oline and complimentary skill players. We are struggling in all those areas so it’s no surprise to anyone paying attention that Rosen is struggling. Regardless of what we do in the draft I’m hopeful he will be our starter next year behind a rebuilt oline and another year of experience. Check the record, young QBs as an understudy usually develop in yr 2 or 3. Young QBs that are thrown to the fire yr 1 rarely succeed

Rosen performed exactly as most NFL rookie QBs have in the past. Shaky. IMO the criticism he’s received is unfair and naive. His production as well as the RB and WR production in Arizona was totally tied to a bad scheme, bad coaching and a horrific oline. He’s experiencing the same thing in Miami now and until they protect him and give him complimentary skill players who can catch he will struggle like any young player would. Without the drops he would be hailed as the second coming with 7-8 tds. There’s no QB currently in college who would have success in Miami right now, because a QBs success is always tied to play calling, scheme, oline and complimentary skill players. We are struggling in all those areas so it’s no surprise to anyone paying attention that Rosen is struggling. Regardless of what we do in the draft I’m hopeful he will be our starter next year behind a rebuilt oline and another year of experience. Check the record, young QBs as an understudy usually develop in yr 2 or 3. Young QBs that are thrown to the fire yr 1 rarely succeed

giphy.gif

Yeah, man. He's definitely had 7-8 TDs dropped :ponder:

Let’s say for argument sake that the Dolphins end up winning 3-4 games and instead of having the first pick they are drafting in the 5th position. To trade up to the first position and draft Tua, the team in the first draft position wants all three of our first round draft picks. Would you make that trade for Tua?

With all the holes the Dolphins have, I would not make that trade for Tua. I would make that trade in 2021 for Lawrence since I think he is going to be a great NFL QB but I would not make that trade for Tua or any of the Qb’s in the 2020 draft.

I think if Rosen can stay healthy the Dolphins just might be able to win 3 or 4 games this year if the defense can improve as the year goes along. So as much as everyone seems to assume the team will select Tua with the first pick in the draft. I just wonder how many of the Tank for Tua members would want to have to give up 3 number one draft picks for him and forgo the chance to add first round talent at other ares of need.
Let’s say for argument sake that the Dolphins end up winning 3-4 games and instead of having the first pick they are drafting in the 5th position. To trade up to the first position and draft Tua, the team in the first draft position wants all three of our first round draft picks. Would you make that trade for Tua?

With all the holes the Dolphins have, I would not make that trade for Tua. I would make that trade in 2021 for Lawrence since I think he is going to be a great NFL QB but I would not make that trade for Tua or any of the Qb’s in the 2020 draft.

I think if Rosen can stay healthy the Dolphins just might be able to win 3 or 4 games this year if the defense can improve as the year goes along. So as much as everyone seems to assume the team will select Tua with the first pick in the draft. I just wonder how many of the Tank for Tua members would want to have to give up 3 number one draft picks for him and forgo the chance to add first round talent at other ares of need.

In that scenario, it'd be stupid to trade up to the 1st pick. I agree w/ you. I wasn't considering the Dolphins winning a game and having anything but the 1st pick. Have you seen them play? The only way they'll win a game is if week 17 the Pats sit all their starters. But even then idk....

In that scenario, it'd be stupid to trade up to the 1st pick. I agree w/ you. I wasn't considering the Dolphins winning a game and having anything but the 1st pick. Have you seen them play? The only way they'll win a game is if week 17 the Pats sit all their starters. But even then idk....

They just played possibly the three toughest teams on their schedule after an insane amount of roster turnover and installing new schemes offensively and defensively. They're a trash team but their schedule gets softer.

Back
Top Bottom