Rosen stats | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen stats

Many teams are not performing in the beginning of the season the way they performed in the end, so that weakens your argument considerably, barring some a priori knowledge you might want to claim to have.

I notice you ignored the aspect of our improving front OL after the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. This was one of the most referenced topics I recall seeing during that time.

So what happens in the beginning part of the season doesn't count? We can't evaluate the 1st QTR of the season? When can we start evaluating then? The Redskins game was week 6...is that still considered the beginning part of the season because that seems closer to the middle to me.

I noticed you ignored the aspect of Fitz coming into the Redskins game and completely changing the offensive tempo. So I'll break it down even further.

Rosen week 6 went 15 of 25 for 85 yds 0 TD-2ints 5 sacks and 3 1st down throws..he was blitzed 3 times , hurried 4 times and hit 3 times. His qb rating when not pressured was 23.2 in this game.

Fitz week 6 (same oline and 1 QTR of play) went 12 of 18 for 132 yards 1TD-0int 0 sacks and 7 1st down throws...he was blitzed 2 times, hurried 7 times, and hit 0 times. His qb rating when not pressured was 119.3 in this game

It looks to me like maybe the QB should bear some of the responsibility in how bad an OL looks? Football is the ultimate team sport after all.

Last edited:
So what happens in the beginning part of the season doesn't count? We can't evaluate the 1st QTR of the season? When can we start evaluating then? The Redskins game was week 6...is that still considered the beginning part of the season because that seems closer to the middle to me.

I noticed you ignored the aspect of Fitz coming into the Redskins game and completely changing the offensive tempo. So I'll break it down even further.

Rosen week 6 went 15 of 25 for 85 yds 0 TD-2ints 5 sacks and 3 1st down throws..he was blitzed 3 times , hurried 4 times and hit 3 times. His qb rating when not pressured 23.2 in this game.

Fitz week 6 (same oline and 1 QTR of play) went 12 of 18 for 132 yards 1TD-0int 0 sacks and 7 1st down throws...he was blitzed 2 times, hurried 7 times, and hit 0 times. His qb rating when not pressured was 119.3 in this game

It looks to me like maybe the QB should bear some of the responsibility in how bad an OL looks? Football is the ultimate team sport after all.

Are you saying that in game 6, Fitz had learned what was going wrong from Rosen, so he was able to do better? Or could it have been the 3 game recovery time from getting hit so often the first 3 games, you know, that recovery time that Rosen didn't have?

Was the improvement to the OL while Rosen was in too little too late for Rosen?

How did Rosen do after getting a 3 game rest? Oh, that's right, he didn't get the 2nd chance that Fitz got.

All these things count and I feel they all had a more immediate effect on QB performance than who we played against.

Nothing I said here takes anything away from Fitz's performance when he returned. He played GREAT thru the end of the season.

I am also saying lets see how well Rosen can now perform. Why in the world wouldn't we?

We need all the good players the coaches can get!

I took into consideration that Fitz played 2 top 3 defenses for the first 2 weeks of the season which would explain his poor showing. I'm not going to expect a career backup to play well against the #1 defense in the NFL and against the #3 defense in the NFL.

I also took into consideration that Rosen looked pretty terrible against the Redskins 27th ranked defense for 3 QTRs and Fitz in 1 QTR of play (the 4th QTR) produced some points, moved the offense and was a spark while Rosen wasn't even a flicker. It was after this game that Rosen was ultimately benched. Maybe it's a coincidence but it looked like the cohesion started to happen in the 4th QTR of the Redskins game as soon as they benched Rosen.

IMO the biggest thing to consider is that after there was some cohesion Flores never put Rosen back in to see how the kid would do, or even to get a feel for how the kid does under better circumstances not even in games where it was over by the 4th QTR like the Bills or Giants games. IMO and I could be wrong but the only reason you don't put a QB back in to get more reps, experience and to better evaluate him better is because you have no faith in him and you know he's not the guy. They've seen enough. Come draft day if and when they take a QB at #5 it just confirms my suspicion.
Great post. On top of that, listen to what players said about Fitzpatrick and how their demeanor on the field changed. The players know who gives them the best chance to be successful. I never heard any of them whine to the press about Rosen being benched.

Many teams are not performing in the beginning of the season the way they performed in the end, so that weakens your argument considerably, barring some a priori knowledge you might want to claim to have.

I notice you ignored the aspect of our improving front OL after the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. This was one of the most referenced topics I recall seeing during that time.
The offensive line play looked better because the QB switch to the better QB play made it so.

I'll bet you Arizona feels differently.
I’ll give you a half of a touché, because they drafted back to back QBs. only because of a new coaching staff and Philosophy. But prior to that, they weren’t drafting QBs every year.

I’ll give you a half of a touché, because they drafted back to back QBs. only because of a new coaching staff and Philosophy. But prior to that, they weren’t drafting QBs every year.
Not only that, but Zona is hardly the preeminent, gold standard for NFL franchises.

Pointing to them as a team to emulate is bizarre, to say the least.

Erik McCoy would be so much more beneficial for us now then having Rosen..

Even though I agreed with the trade at the time, hindsight shows it was awful. I do commend Miami for attempting at a qb, shows me they know its a massive hole.

Back
Top Bottom