Rosen stats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen stats

Agree. There is no evidence he'll become top 10, but keeping him has no downside.
Keeping him until when though? Until the offseason program and training camp? There's not too much of a downside there, but after that? If he can't play he can't play, so I'd rather look for a backup to invest in at that point that might win me some games when they come in like Minshew rather than hope Rosen improves.

To each his own my friend ...

Just because you got nothing from what I said doesn't speak for everybody but thanks for the reply ... to clear it up ... we don't know if the 2nd round pick used to get Rosen will bear fruit ... we don't know if it was a wasted pick ....

All I did was summarize where we are IMO without second guessing every move the FO has made ... We took a chance on Rosen and the story isn't told yet ... folks need to accept what it is and move on .... If he doesn't work out ... we tried ...

Still haven't heard from any naysayer what they would do with the pick ... (maybe they would have held onto it ... done nothing at QB last season and put the pick in their pocket to have more ammo to move up) I mean we got rid of T-hill and somebody needed to step in ...

It's like damned if you do and damned if you don't around here lol

What would you have done instead? Do you fault Miami for trying to improve?
Use the 2nd round pick on literally anything else. You don't have to give explicit directions on what the alternative could have been when I personally was enraged at the mere mention of a possible trade during last year's draft on Twitter because it would be the same as setting the pick on fire. And what do you know, he was garbage again.

The only saving grace I can get out of this is if we end up with Tua and he turns out to be good, I could convince myself that we probably would have ended up with Herbert or Love if Fitz had started the whole year. Rosen did what he normally does and lose while looking terrible for a few games so that helped out in the end, I guess.

Keeping him until when though? Until the offseason program and training camp? There's not too much of a downside there, but after that? If he can't play he can't play, so I'd rather look for a backup to invest in at that point that might win me some games when they come in like Minshew rather than hope Rosen improves.

To me, keep him at least through camp unless he underwhelms. If nothing else, camp arm. OTOH, if he impresses AND if Miami gets Tua, keep him and let Tua IR until ready. That said, I won't see him as much as Flo and staff. They could cut him before camp, or skip on a '20 rookie QB. I have no idea what their opinion is

well lets give Fitz a lil more credit than that. He has 15 years in the league and has been in most offensive systems and seen pretty much all defensive schemes than can be thrown at him. He was able to make it work cus he could read the defenses faster and from what i hear called his own plays. How can a kid who's in his 2nd season duplicate that? I wouldnt mind seeing what Rosen can do this year.
Great point. It all depend if we draft qb. Competition level should be better this yr.. Rosen know play book now. If he cant beat out Fitzpatrick this yr. It over for Rosen. He may be w his third team in 3 yr.. it not all his fault. Need find team or qb coach who can take him to next level without coach getting fired...

No QB in the NFL has a clean pocket for 90% of the game other than Dak Prescott and he's the only one even remotely close to that percentage. In order to succeed in the NFL you need to win plays even when things break down and there is pressure. I've said it a million times, but if a QB requires everything to be perfectly functional around him for him to look like he belongs, he doesn't.

Two years ago in Arizona when Rosen had a clean pocket, he STILL had the worst QB rating in the NFL.

The guy is garbage and yet people want to keep giving him chances. Why? Sunk fallacy cost? An unrelenting desire to root for the underdog?

I'll never understand it.
When? Okay I see your point, BUT we traded for him we should at least see if he's salvageable enough to turn into draft picks, shouldn't we? I think everybody on this board know's what a long shot it is with his history, but to give him away for nothing (or a - 2nd round pick) makes little sense to me.

When? Okay I see your point, BUT we traded for him we should at least see if he's salvageable enough to turn into draft picks, shouldn't we? I think everybody on this board know's what a long shot it is with his history, but to give him away for nothing (or a - 2nd round pick) makes little sense to me.
I mean sure, realistically him turning into a serviceable backup would be beneficial, but there's an opportunity cost to having him on the roster in place of developing a different, young QB.

Would cutting Charles Harris or trying to get picks out of him make sense? You could try of course, but you're just wasting your time. I don't know why there's this sunk fallacy cost associated with Rosen where we can't cut him or it was a waste when that happens to tons of other high draft picks ALL the time.

I mean sure, realistically him turning into a serviceable backup would be beneficial, but there's an opportunity cost to having him on the roster in place of developing a different, young QB.

Would cutting Charles Harris or trying to get picks out of him make sense? You could try of course, but you're just wasting your time. I don't know why there's this sunk fallacy cost associated with Rosen where we can't cut him or it was a waste when that happens to tons of other high draft picks ALL the time.

I don't see much opportunity cost through camp

Implying that the goal is salvaging him enough to get picks out of him could only mean he's starting preseason games and taking reps from other QBs in order to do so.

Maybe I misunderstand. "turning into a serviceable backup would be beneficial, but there's an opportunity cost to having him on the roster" Every backup has the opportunity cost of not "developing a different, young QB." IF Flo sees him as the backup, he's already decided there is no young guy worth developing. JMO

I would like to see him behind a solid O-Line. I mean look at Steve Young's stats with the Bucs before he went to the 49ers. I see talent there. He is cheap for a back up developmental QB. He is still very young and actually has some starting experience.

it was never meant for Rosen to replace Fitz, i believe it was designed for Fitz contractually and give Rosen a few snaps because this team wasn't going anywhere, but now it's Rosen turn and the same scenario is in place but in reverse.

Agreed, Harris is a waste. We saw Rosen play 3 games. He played in Arizona, sure did. Anybody who saw that organized fuster cluck knows you can't even count that. Hell they didn't even teach him to identify the Mike LB. Different young Qb, who? You have to pay a backup QB, our #3 is not a viable candidate. Emergency body comes to mind, not a second string, one play away guy. You think cutting him and either rolling with door #3 or signing another body who would have to learn a new system is the way to go? Double down on a mistake? Okay bud...

Agreed, Harris is a waste. We saw Rosen play 3 games. He played in Arizona, sure did. Anybody who saw that organized fuster cluck knows you can't even count that. Hell they didn't even teach him to identify the Mike LB. Different young Qb, who? You have to pay a backup QB, our #3 is not a viable candidate. Emergency body comes to mind, not a second string, one play away guy. You think cutting him and either rolling with door #3 or signing another body who would have to learn a new system is the way to go? Double down on a mistake? Okay bud...
Both would learn a new system. Rosen doesn't exactly have a leg up there.

Back
Top Bottom