Rosen stats | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen stats

I understand if ppl don't believe he will ever amount to anything. I even agree that, at this point, odds are not in his favor.

I don't really get what comes across as outright hate for the kid, though.

As of now, he doesn't cost much more than a roster spot, and I'll defer to coach Flo, as to when it isn't worth that spot on the 53.

It really isnt hate, as I just never have bought into the guy.

It's more that a few here who like to drag people for just not liking the player or acquisition. It happens every year. Someone becomes the celeb cause of the moment, and many here jump on and try to run people over for anything other than worship or pom poms.

The draft cant get here soon enough though.

To each his own my friend ...

Just because you got nothing from what I said doesn't speak for everybody but thanks for the reply ... to clear it up ... we don't know if the 2nd round pick used to get Rosen will bear fruit ... we don't know if it was a wasted pick ....

All I did was summarize where we are IMO without second guessing every move the FO has made ... We took a chance on Rosen and the story isn't told yet ... folks need to accept what it is and move on .... If he doesn't work out ... we tried ...

Still haven't heard from any naysayer what they would do with the pick ... (maybe they would have held onto it ... done nothing at QB last season and put the pick in their pocket to have more ammo to move up) I mean we got rid of T-hill and somebody needed to step in ...

It's like damned if you do and damned if you don't around here lol

What would you have done instead? Do you fault Miami for trying to improve?

Miami as far as we know, were the only ones willing to bail out Arizona. So there's that.

And since we will never know what those picks could have been, it just frustrates some us who have never bought into Rosen the player.

His thin work from last year, is a indictment of Davie though. Especially since he started a majority of his rookie season.

Both would learn a new system. Rosen doesn't exactly have a leg up there.
I agree. I'm not sold on the kid but it chaps my @$$ to just cut and run from the situation. He has physical talent, although most disagree on which level. Peace Bro.

Last edited:
I agree. I'm not sold on the kid but it chaps my @$$ to just cut and run from the situation. He has physical talent, although most disagree on which level. Peace Bro.

I think everyone agrees he has NFL physical talent. The debate is on the mental quickness

When? Okay I see your point, BUT we traded for him we should at least see if he's salvageable enough to turn into draft picks, shouldn't we? I think everybody on this board know's what a long shot it is with his history, but to give him away for nothing (or a - 2nd round pick) makes little sense to me.

I don't know about 2 years ago but last year with us his qb rating when not under pressure was 61.6 at least according to PFF.

Yet a career backup QB had a pretty decent year under the same circumstances.

You may want to reconsider your position, considering that same" career backup" had been playing so poorly he was replaced by Rosen for a few games.

You may also want to take note that at about the same time that Fitz came back in there were much fewer changes being made each game to the front line personnel and that they had begun to form a "somewhat" cohesive unit. Not that they were good, but they were playing much better then they had been. This was also likely to be a result of players getting used to the new coaching staff and play book along with the coaches being able to better predict the OL personnel capabilities and tailoring there plays based on some extant to the OL's limited capabilities.

Of course you could choose to ignore all those things and stay with your original opinion, but why would you want to do that?

Keep in mind that football is the ultimate team sport and in football, offensive lines are the most focused aspect of synchronized player integration on the field.

he got benched early and never saw the field again, and they're taking a QB top 5. i'd say they're pretty sure.

It's the fans who are talking QB in the top 5, not the FO. They aren't giving out any specific information on player preference for the draft. That is the way a FO should deal with the draft.

Still, there seem to be a lot of posters how feel they know what the FO will do.

What do you think those same posters will say when the FO picks someone other then whom those posters want?

I'll give you a hint. That hint is "Lemming Juice"!!!! LOL

Rosen will have a fair chance to compete. After that, let the chips fall where they may. If Rosen has learned anything we'll see it reflected on the field. If he hasn't improved then it's time to trade or cut but give him a fair chance.

When coaches give players a fair chance, they give our team the best chance!

It's the fans who are talking QB in the top 5, not the FO.

its what the owner wants.

they gotta go QB. they know it, we know it and they know we know it. everyone knows it. burrow, tua or herbert.

You may want to reconsider your position, considering that same" career backup" had been playing so poorly he was replaced by Rosen for a few games.

You may also want to take note that at about the same time that Fitz came back in there were much fewer changes being made each game to the front line personnel and that they had begun to form a "somewhat" cohesive unit. Not that they were good, but they were playing much better then they had been. This was also likely to be a result of players getting used to the new coaching staff and play book along with the coaches being able to better predict the OL personnel capabilities and tailoring there plays based on some extant to the OL's limited capabilities.

Of course you could choose to ignore all those things and stay with your original opinion, but why would you want to do that?

Keep in mind that football is the ultimate team sport and in football, offensive lines are the most focused aspect of synchronized player integration on the field.

I took into consideration that Fitz played 2 top 3 defenses for the first 2 weeks of the season which would explain his poor showing. I'm not going to expect a career backup to play well against the #1 defense in the NFL and against the #3 defense in the NFL.

I also took into consideration that Rosen looked pretty terrible against the Redskins 27th ranked defense for 3 QTRs and Fitz in 1 QTR of play (the 4th QTR) produced some points, moved the offense and was a spark while Rosen wasn't even a flicker. It was after this game that Rosen was ultimately benched. Maybe it's a coincidence but it looked like the cohesion started to happen in the 4th QTR of the Redskins game as soon as they benched Rosen.

IMO the biggest thing to consider is that after there was some cohesion Flores never put Rosen back in to see how the kid would do, or even to get a feel for how the kid does under better circumstances not even in games where it was over by the 4th QTR like the Bills or Giants games. IMO and I could be wrong but the only reason you don't put a QB back in to get more reps, experience and to better evaluate him better is because you have no faith in him and you know he's not the guy. They've seen enough. Come draft day if and when they take a QB at #5 it just confirms my suspicion.

I took into consideration that Fitz played 2 top 3 defenses for the first 2 weeks of the season which would explain his poor showing. I'm not going to expect a career backup to play well against the #1 defense in the NFL and against the #3 defense in the NFL.

I also took into consideration that Rosen looked pretty terrible against the Redskins 27th ranked defense for 3 QTRs and Fitz in 1 QTR of play (the 4th QTR) produced some points, moved the offense and was a spark while Rosen wasn't even a flicker. It was after this game that Rosen was ultimately benched. Maybe it's a coincidence but it looked like the cohesion started to happen in the 4th QTR of the Redskins game as soon as they benched Rosen.

IMO the biggest thing to consider is that after there was some cohesion Flores never put Rosen back in to see how the kid would do, or even to get a feel for how the kid does under better circumstances not even in games where it was over by the 4th QTR like the Bills or Giants games. IMO and I could be wrong but the only reason you don't put a QB back in to get more reps, experience and to better evaluate him better is because you have no faith in him and you know he's not the guy. They've seen enough. Come draft day if and when they take a QB at #5 it just confirms my suspicion.

Many teams are not performing in the beginning of the season the way they performed in the end, so that weakens your argument considerably, barring some a priori knowledge you might want to claim to have.

I notice you ignored the aspect of our improving front OL after the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season. This was one of the most referenced topics I recall seeing during that time.

This is why you don’t draft a quarterback every year until you find one. It starts with wasting pics and no patience for development.

Back
Top Bottom