"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position"

I would take Flores by his word. He does not come from an environment where they BS you. The best man plays on every position.

I also would step away from this constant "we stokpiled draft picks for the sole purpose of drafting a top QB". We only draft a QB in 2020 if Rosen is not the guy. Also this constant babble about "tanking" needs to stop.

Having said that Rosen does not deserve the starting job. If Flores says "best man starts" he means it. Rosen "cost" us a late 2nd rounder (as good as a 3rd rounder) and a 5th round. For that you do not guarantee any starting job to any QB.

I an see Fitzpatrick as an earlier starter for several reasons:
a) he is a vet
b) he adjusts easier to new surroundings

As I said in another thread that if the competition is close I could see Fitzpatrick start the first three games (Ravens & Pats and @COWBOYS) and then insert Rosen into the starting lineup for the following two home games vs Redskins and Chargers before he would face the Bills on the road.
It would give Rosen a good look from the outside in three of the tougher games early on. The biggest problem for Rosen will be trying to forget last season. It is essentially his second rookie season. You treat him that way.

The only way I can see Rosen start from day 1 on is if he clearly outplays Fitzpatrick in the offseason and preseason. Otherwise I expect to see him against the Redskins for the first time (or earlier if Fitzpatrick gets hurt).

Last edited:
It's football, not freaking day care.

Rosen is the starter. He can handle it.

What did you watch this on? I'd like to too.

But someoone posted the game recap highlights for his debut against the seahawks, and I said the same thing. Drops. He singlehandedly kept them in that game. In his debut.

Can't wait to see.

I watched the first 2 on youtube (you can search "josh rosen every snap" and find a few preseason games, the game v Bears and Seahawks) and then i watched the rest of NFL game pass and skipped through anytime they were on D.

That is such a stupid argument. Based on that Baker Mayfield last year was a bust because the Browns started Taylor.

This!!! People keep forgetting Josh is younger than Drew Lock. It is no guarantee at all he starts week 1, and it would not be a bad thing at all. I think Fitz starting week 1 more depends on Fitz. Unless Rosen blows us all away, I could see them waiting.

I would take Flores by his word. He does not come from an environment where they BS you. The best man plays on every position.

I also would step away from this constant "we stokpiled draft picks for the sole purpose of drafting a top QB". We only draft a QB in 2020 if Rosen is not the guy. Also this constant babble about "tanking" needs to stop.

Having said that Rosen does not deserve the starting job. If Flores says "best man starts" he means it. Rosen "cost" us a late 2nd rounder (as good as a 3rd rounder) and a 5th round. For that you do not guarantee any starting job to any QB.

I an see Fitzpatrick as an earlier starter for several reasons:
a) he is a vet
b) he adjusts easier to new surroundings

As I said in another thread that if the competition is close I could see Fitzpatrick start the first three games (Ravens & Pats and @COWBOYS) and then insert Rosen into the starting lineup for the following two home games vs Redskins and Chargers before he would face the Bills on the road.
It would give Rosen a good look from the outside in three of the tougher games early on. The biggest problem for Rosen will be trying to forget last season. It is essentially his second rookie season. You treat him that way.

The only way I can see Rosen start from day 1 on is if he clearly outplays Fitzpatrick in the offseason and preseason. Otherwise I expect to see him against the Redskins for the first time (or earlier if Fitzpatrick gets hurt).

While I think he will outplay Fitz in the preseason, I would be fine with waiting until the Redskins game to put him in (if we have confidence in our pass protection).

I wouldn't like it, but whatever the staff thinks gives him the best chance to succeed.

I don't see this as much of a competition.

You don't trade for a guy with a one-window to see if you have to draft his replacement next April by watching him take second-team reps during the week and holding a clipboard during the games.

If Rosen's healthy and not starting, then he's never starting.

I don't see this as much of a competition.

You don't trade for a guy with a one-window to see if you have to draft his replacement next April by watching him take second-team reps during the week and holding a clipboard during the games.

If Rosen's healthy and not starting, then he's never starting.

Rosen is 22 and under contract for the next 3/4 years. There is no rush.

Rosen is 22 and under contract for the next 3/4 years. There is no rush.

Disagree. There is a rush because you have what looks like an exceptional QB class next year and a probable high pick. Presuming those guys don't all bomb out between now and then, you don't want to miss out on one because you don't know what you have.

QBs are starting as rookies now, and he was one that came in considered to have a low learning curve. He's already been a starter. If you don't think he has what it has to start over Fitz, you don't think he's ever good enough to be a premium starter. You put him on the field and see what you have.

Don't sleep on Luke Falk. If Rosen and Falk have good training camps and some team needs a vet starter due to an injury I could see Fitzpatrick traded in late August and another young qb being brought in for the 3rd string spot.

Give me one good reason to start Fitz if Rosen is healthy... Just one!

Fitz out competes him during the offseason. Pretty much what the coach said. The best man will win the starting job.

I don't buy for a second there is any real chance that Rosen is not already in their minds the starting QB.

Rosen is now Grier's and Flores's QB, whether they like it or not. And I think as I stated they already understand that fact. Their QB can't ride the bench to start the season.

Say whatever the hell you want to the public.

You give this kid the majority of the starting reps and you give him sixteen games. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a career journeyman who is in his twilight as a pro football player. There is absolutely no ****ing point to starting him whatsoever, unless you think Rosen is going to be so bad that the team will go 0-16 and you want to avoid that stigma. And I don't think they think he's that bad based on the fact that they traded a second round pick for him.

If you don't start Josh Rosen for 16 games (assuming healthy), then this coaching staff ought to be pilloried.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Back
Top Bottom