"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position"

Give me one good reason to start Fitz if Rosen is healthy... Just one!

Because you're evaluating 11 players on the offense not just the qb. You might want to play the guy that gives the other 10 starters their best to shine too.

Another reason would be if you think your young qb might be better served by watching someone do what you're trying to teach him.

Now I can easily see Rosen starting day one and would prefer that, but there are reasons to go the other direction.

Fitz out competes him during the offseason. Pretty much what the coach said. The best man will win the starting job.
Thats not a good reason, unless you believe the Fins have the playoffs as their main goal in 2019... Fitzpatrick being a better QB than Rosen bieng 50 years older doesnt mean he should start on a team that wont make the playoffs...

Because you're evaluating 11 players on the offense not just the qb. You might want to play the guy that gives the other 10 starters their best to shine too.

Another reason would be if you think your young qb might be better served by watching someone do what you're trying to teach him.
The only building block on this offense is Tunsil. evryone else is very very expandable... This coaching staff needs to figure out if A) Rosen allows them to bypass a QB in the 2020 draft and B) If not now, can they coach him up to that level. And they have 16 games to do so... 16 is such a low sample size to begin with, its laughable that some think a 6 games sample who do the trick...

Thats not a good reason, unless you believe the Fins have the playoffs as their main goal in 2019... Fitzpatrick being a better QB than Rosen bieng 50 years older doesnt mean he should start on a team that wont make the playoffs...

Hmmm...making the player earn his spot "That not a good reason"...Well, there's not much more we need to discuss. It think players earning there spot is an extremely important reason.

That is such a stupid argument. Based on that Baker Mayfield last year was a bust because the Browns started Taylor.
No, based on that their coaching staff was a bust. If this coaching staff doesn't put Rosen on the field opening day then Miami might be in the same boat as Cleveland was with their coaching staff. Rosen needs to be evaluated on as many snaps as possible right from the get go. Rosen already had a full season to get his feet wet last season. It's time to find out if he sinks or swims. Miami needs to find out about him by the end of the season so they can evaluate him against next year's qb class.

Hmmm...making the player earn his spot "That not a good reason"...Well, there's not much more we need to discuss. It think players earning there spot is an extremely important reason.
I have nothing against the coach saying it, this part I agree with... But actually starting Fitz in a regular season game accomplishes absolutely nothing...

Sometimes you have to roll a less experienced, younger player out there instead of a more experienced, "better" player.

"Potential," "upside," "future," "evaluation," are all concepts with value to us, in the event Fitz wins a head to head competition.

Personally, I could easily deal with zero snaps from the Bearded One.

I have nothing against the coach saying it, this part I agree with... But actually starting Fitz in a regular season game accomplishes absolutely nothing...

Accomplishes nothing is a very bold and definitive statement on your part. Sorry, but that's not how i reason. There are so many moving parts to a football organization and as fans we only see a small portion of it. I'm going to believe if Fitz is the starter then it's for a reason and does have the purpose of accomplishing something.

Fitz knows his role and that is a career back-up. If all is equal or close to being equal Rosen needs to start. There is no pressure on him. The fans, the organization and the league knows we aren't competing for anything this year. Some say wait for the offense line to jell, well its been years and it hasn't come together yet so no guarantee it will be better in week six than week one.

Fitz knows his role and that is a career back-up. If all is equal or close to being equal Rosen needs to start. There is no pressure on him. The fans, the organization and the league knows we aren't competing for anything this year. Some say wait for the offense line to jell, well its been years and it hasn't come together yet so no guarantee it will be better in week six than week one.
I agree, but waiting for the line to gel, versus waiting for just enough cohesion to avoid getting Rosen murdered might be a thing.

Accomplishes nothing is a very bold and definitive statement on your part. Sorry, but that's not how i reason. There are so many moving parts to a football organization and as fans we only see a small portion of it. I'm going to believe if Fitz is the starter then it's for a reason and does have the purpose of accomplishing something.
What possible positives could come out of a 37 year old QB with a career rating of 81 starting on a team with a 6 win ceiling when there's a 2nd year 1st round top 10 QB sitting on the bench? And we're not even in the part where the Fins are in perfect position to grab a QB in the next draft. 2019 is not about winning, its about information, and number one on the list is: Do we have a QB? The only guy on the team who could check that box needs to play....

Honestly cannot believe so many are insisting Rosen starts day 1.

Just nonsense.

There's ZERO reason to rush other than wanna play with your new toy!

Make the kid master the O and demonstrate high level proficiency + consistency
in practice before you just throw him into the fray.

And if you don't think 6 regular season games (or thereabouts) is a sufficient
sample size to make an evaluation of his chops then you MUST BELIEVE he's
really far away from starter material. And if he is -- again -- WHY force things?

Oh yea like THAT will somehow stop us from looking at a QB in '20.

Rubbish.

Honestly cannot believe so many are insisting Rosen starts day 1.

Just nonsense.

There's ZERO reason to rush other than wanna play with your new toy!

Make the kid master the O and demonstrate high level proficiency + consistency
in practice before you just throw him into the fray.

And if you don't think 6 regular season games (or thereabouts) is a sufficient
sample size to make an evaluation of his chops then you MUST BELIEVE he's
really far away from starter material. And if he is -- again -- WHY force things?

Oh yea like THAT will somehow stop us from looking at a QB in '20.

Rubbish.
I disagree.

But I also think OTA, minicamp, training camp, the preseason games, practicing and scrimmaging with another NFL team (can't remember who) should be plenty of the prep you feel he so desperately needs.

What possible positives could come out of a 37 year old QB with a career rating of 81 starting on a team with a 6 win ceiling when there's a 2nd year 1st round top 10 QB sitting on the bench? And we're not even in the part where the Fins are in perfect position to grab a QB in the next draft. 2019 is not about winning, its about information, and number one on the list is: Do we have a QB? The only guy on the team who could check that box needs to play....

I see this is one of those " I" can't see the benefit therefore there is no benefit...Gotcha!

There's ZERO reason to rush
The Fins cannot mess up the next offseason... they just cant. Next offseason could spring the team to 5-10 years of greatness as it could easily end up like the picks and money fiasco. They need to make perfect decisions when they get there and knowing exactly what you have at QB is #1 on the list... They are absolutely in a rush, only 16 games left.

Back
Top Bottom