"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"rosen Will Have To Earn The Starting Position"

I don't give a flying **** when he was taken last year. That is something the Cards have to reconcile. We got him for a low 2nd and a 5th. That's all I am interested in. He is low risk for us. If he fails he is no bust. If he succeeds we landed a coup.

My point is always that if he fails we will draft a QB next year. That was not the argument.

The argument I referred to was my statement that you want Rosen to fail. You hate the Rosen pick up because if he shows any promise your entire "tank...tank...tank" wet dream pops like a bubble.
You and others have argued so much that we must draft our franchise QB with the #1 spot therefore we have to suck and throw the season away while others (including myself) have counter argued that you can get a franchise QB outside the top spot or you can trade up. Now we might have a potential franchise QB and you hate it.

All your posts this offseason including those since we traded for Rosen (across several threads) only leave one conclusion: you rather have Rosen fail to be right rather than have the interest of the Miami Dolphins at heart.

Just a reminder: this was the original post in our argument. And you did not argue this point.

What a joke. You were the one who was touting him as a top 10 pick. I just pointed out that top 10 picks bust all the time and even though he was a top 10 pick he was still the fourth qb taken. The risk of having him on the roster is that you very well may pass on someone substantially better because you believe you have your qb problem solved when you really don't. Of course I want him to succeed but obviously I have my doubts. There is nothing exceptional about him as a prospect. He has a decent arm, moves well enough in the pocket, has decent accuracy, and seems to be smart enough. But he isn't exceptional with any of those traits and there has always been questions about his personality. Will that all add up to a "franchise" qb? Who knows, but I think the best you could hope for is a Jared Goff type qb and I feel Goff is fine because he is surrounded by great talent and is in a great system but I don't believe he could carry a team like elite qb's can.

My argument all along has been, what qualifies as enough success to you in order to bypass a qb in next year's draft? How can anyone quantify what success will be this season? Give me what your idea of success is for Rosen this season that you would be willing to not take a qb in next year's draft. What should they do if he shows some flashes but you can't really tell if it will be good enough long term? For that matter, what will failure look like to you? It's way too ambiguous. You thought Tannehill was a failure but the front office and coaching staffs always believed differently. For seven years. Do want another repeat of that scenario?

I don't give a flying **** when he was taken last year. That is something the Cards have to reconcile. We got him for a low 2nd and a 5th. That's all I am interested in. He is low risk for us. If he fails he is no bust. If he succeeds we landed a coup.

My point is always that if he fails we will draft a QB next year. That was not the argument.

The argument I referred to was my statement that you want Rosen to fail. You hate the Rosen pick up because if he shows any promise your entire "tank...tank...tank" wet dream pops like a bubble.
You and others have argued so much that we must draft our franchise QB with the #1 spot therefore we have to suck and throw the season away while others (including myself) have counter argued that you can get a franchise QB outside the top spot or you can trade up. Now we might have a potential franchise QB and you hate it.

All your posts this offseason including those since we traded for Rosen (across several threads) only leave one conclusion: you rather have Rosen fail to be right rather than have the interest of the Miami Dolphins at heart.

Just a reminder: this was the original post in our argument. And you did not argue this point.

Rosen was traded because he couldn't keep his team from GETTING THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. He's 100% in his career at accomplishing that haha he's tank material. More so than Fitzpatrick. Thill would be a safer bet at having a better season than Rosen. Can he improve? Sure but if we are gonna blame his team last year for his failure than I got bad news for you. He's coming to a worst roster this year.

Rosen was traded because he couldn't keep his team from GETTING THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. He's 100% in his career at accomplishing that haha he's tank material. More so than Fitzpatrick. Thill would be a safer bet at having a better season than Rosen. Can he improve? Sure but if we are gonna blame his team last year for his failure than I got bad news for you. He's coming to a worst roster this year.
LOL. Nostradumbass

Good. If Rosen is tank material than you should be happy. Celebrate that we got him.

There's no definitive answer to this daft argument - if he doesn't start until week 3 it doesn't instantly mean that the trade was a waste of time and that there won't be enough time to assess him before the 2020 draft. Nobody knows what he will or won't be able to show the coaches and FO in that time or outside of a game environment. I say that knowing full well that if he isn't the starter in week 1 then there will be all kinds of dramatic outpourings here.

Whatever happens I just hope they have done right by Fitzpatrick - from what he said he came here ahead of other options as he was going to be starting and it would a shame to have seen the **** that the Cardinals have got for how they treated Rosen only for us to have not been open and honest with Fitzpatrick as our plans for Rosen developed.

Just a thing that came to my mind: have we ever heard anything from the coaching staff on Fitzpatrick showing up at the voluntary mini camp seemingly out of shape? I haven’t read anything on that. Could also play a role when they decide who will take the starting reps going into camp.

There's no definitive answer to this daft argument - if he doesn't start until week 3 it doesn't instantly mean that the trade was a waste of time and that there won't be enough time to assess him before the 2020 draft. Nobody knows what he will or won't be able to show the coaches and FO in that time or outside of a game environment. I say that knowing full well that if he isn't the starter in week 1 then there will be all kinds of dramatic outpourings here.

Whatever happens I just hope they have done right by Fitzpatrick - from what he said he came here ahead of other options as he was going to be starting and it would a shame to have seen the **** that the Cardinals have got for how they treated Rosen only for us to have not been open and honest with Fitzpatrick as our plans for Rosen developed.
Fitz is a gamer for sure. If Rosen can legitimently beat him out for the starting spot, than a second round selection is definitely justified. If he comes in to replace Fitz on a bad season, I just dont see how Rosen is gonna overcome what a 13 yr vet. who slings the rock like that cant.

Only thing I can say in that scenario is yea, it's great cause we'd be right where we wanna be anyway. Only we had to trade a 2nd & 5th rounder to do it.

Not gonna lie, still rather suck out right with these guys than watching anymore Tannehill era. That, in itself is a godsend.

Just a thing that came to my mind: have we ever heard anything from the coaching staff on Fitzpatrick showing up at the voluntary mini camp seemingly out of shape? I haven’t read anything on that. Could also play a role when they decide who will take the starting reps going into camp.
Didn't look too bad to me

serveimage

Back
Top Bottom