Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise

Sorry... but there are dozens of players like this. Young pocket QBs take a bit longer.

I rarely agree with CKP, but one thing he is absolutely correct about is the futility of trying to argue with a fan whose analysis comes from stats.

Have a nice day.
Yes, but aren’t there hundreds(if not thousands) of pocket QBs that started out bad and stayed bad?

Good for Rosen if true. It's all about development. Keep on bringing in QB prospects until you find one. If Seattle feared perception, they wouldn't have started Russell Wilson after giving a big contract to that other QB who's name I've forgotten.

Yes, but aren’t there hundreds(if not thousands) of pocket QBs that started out bad and stayed bad?

Absolutely... but guys with Rosen's skill set generally get until they are 25 or 26 before being written off. The idea that his body of work during two train wreck seasons with two horrendous teams is enough to base a decision on... is ludicrous.

Do you draft another QB? Heck yes... I've said that over and over, but do you close the book... on a 22 year old guy with that much talent? Only if you are incredibly short-sighted and almost childishly impatient.

Yes... what I am telling you is that stats for a young pocket QB are largely meaningless.

Here are Terry Bradshaw's rookie stats. 38% completion rate. 6TDs 24 INTs. He was 22.
in his second year... 54.4% completion rate. 13 TDs 22 Ints

Stats for young players on bad teams... almost completely useless.
Your quoting rookie stats from 1970? Lol. There are undrafted guys that have come in and started games in their rookie season and have flashed more than Rosen has in two seasons. It's a totally different era of football now. Most of these kids today have had more reps throwing the ball by the time they get to college than the QB's had after completing their season of college in that era. It's hilarious how tightly some people want to cling to that Rosen pipe dream.

Good for Rosen if true. It's all about development. Keep on bringing in QB prospects until you find one. If Seattle feared perception, they wouldn't have started Russell Wilson after giving a big contract to that other QB who's name I've forgotten.
Matt Flynn

There you are wrong. That's why I said get 2 QB's after the trenches are built. You want to build the trenches first and for most. Do that and whoever the QB's are we select in the later rounds (you develop them). You keep Rosen (he is Plan A bank it), You keep Fitz (a Mentor to all of them), You draft 2 QB's (Plan all along and it should be). They all battle for the job (BEST MAN WINS!). By then, the line will be fortified and solidified to put a rookie out there to succeed if he should win the battle and you poach the other one on PS.

See, everybody including you who think that a QB is the straight up answer is going to be extremely disappointed because, it just isn't believe me I used to be a College Football Coach. Get as many as you can always. This draft we can because we have 14 picks. Do your due diligence.

Now you do the same to the Defensive Line get some nasty *** SOB players heavy *** SOB hogs who don't get pushed around and always collapses the pocket from the interior who can attack and rush the QB and make sure you get players who can set the edge, destroy passing and running lanes, and to destroy QB's when they are passing or scrambling. Then our CB's and Safeties will get turnovers galore.

Look at the San Francisco 49ers as an example. The D is stellar as they drafted amazing talent the last 3 years in-a-row to get where they are now. There OL is stellar and they have 2 rookies and 2 2nd year players on it (cohesiveness rules always). They built the trenches to make it amazing on both sides of the ball. That's why they are 10-1 bud. Jimmy G. is good to near great when he is protected any ****ing QB can be good to great with protection it has been that way forever. There running game is stellar because they have competent players who solidified the line and they are ****ing monsters.

Our Miami Dolphins need *ucking MONSTERS!! We need tough SOB's who beat the $hit out of other teams straight up in your face an relentless pain on both side of the ball to get anywhere, and to climb back up back to the top of AFC East which that is the ****ing goal. Without our trenches being fortified it will not matter who the **** we put back behind it because they will not succeed.

Trust me, its the only ****ing way this team will ever rise to the an elite team and to win a SUPER BOWL again.
Total nonsense. You act like it's impossible to draft a QB and build the team simultaneously. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can change the fortunes of a franchise around faster than an elite QB.

Aaron Rodgers sat for three seasons. Phillip Rivers sat for two. More modern players for you if you want to pretend that football has changed. It hasn't, but each new generation of fans argues that it has... Some of the old line guys around here probably remember when the argument was that Michael Vick was going to be the guy.

Impatience... that is the real foe. Childish fans who rant and scream, "I want it now". They remind me of the Willy Wonka scene with Veruca Salt. Things have changed.... waaaaaaah.

I don't buy it. Impatience is what caused most of our problems over the past decade. GMs who tried to do a quick fix, instead of build with solid building blocks and high character players.

Aaron Rodgers sat for three seasons. Phillip Rivers sat for two. More modern players for you if you want to pretend that football has changed. It hasn't, but each new generation of fans argues that it has... Some of the old line guys around here probably remember when the argument was that Michael Vick was going to be the guy.

Impatience... that is the real foe. Childish fans who rant and scream, "I want it now". They remind me of the Willy Wonka scene with Veruca Salt. Things have changed.... waaaaaaah.

I don't buy it. Impatience is what caused most of our problems over the past decade. GMs who tried to do a quick fix, instead of build with solid building blocks and high character players.
I can name more rookies that have come in and started year one and have had success, so your point isn't that relevant. Both of those guys were playing behind future hall of fame QBs. As far as your point about patience, I would have no problem drafting Tua and letting him take a year to get healthy, but what you are claiming is impatience by fans who want another QB, can just as easily make the case that you have blind ignorance thinking that Rosen is somehow magically going to go from dreadful to franchise QB because he is sitting on the bench. This franchise was anything but impatient when it came to the QB position. They stuck with Tannehill for seven years and I was one of the people that was fine with that because he had shown flashes of brilliance while he was here but unfortunately he had a fatal flaw that didn't allow him to progress to the point where he could be considered the answer anymore. Relying on a guy like Rosen, who hasn't shown much of anything in two seasons, and not bringing in another young talented QB through the draft should be considered downright negligence not impatience.

There are several advocating for sitting any qb to bring in to develop them. I just don't think that's how the NFL works anymore. You gave two great examples...of why it doesn't. Rivers sat behind brees. Rodgers behind farve. Where do you see this in the NFL today?
Let say we draft a qb in the first. Who do we sit them behind? Maybe marino will come out of retirement?
Im cool keeping Rosen. Let's say we start him. Are you saying that's the same as sitting a qb behind 2 of the greatest to have ever played?

Does anybody remember Elway and Bradshaw's first two years? They thought they were both mentally challenged. How about Aikman and P. Manning's first year(s). All four sucked at the time. All these players had one thing in common, bad talent around them at the time. What comes first, the chicken or the egg? RF is a journeyman QB that has whipped this team's ass plenty of times, and the Kid? Anybody who thinks for sure they know, we know how full of **** they are. With the picks we have in the first two rounds we had better not just address, but fix the line play on this team. Do that and it give a chance to who ever is behind center and to our 'skill' bunch. Right now neither one have a chance to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom