Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise

This is not Brett Favre we're talking about here... Its Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick... If after 2 seasons in the NFL you cant beat out a Fitzpatrick for a starting job on a 2-8 team... Jesus Christ your odds arent looking very bright... This is not rocket science... Kid has shown absolutely nothing for 2 seasons now, he's a dog against any kid picked before the 5th round in next years draft...

RF started. RF sucked.
Rosen started. Rosen sucked.
RF started. Much better. Players want the player they think gives them the best chance to win

You make it sound like every NFL coach is always going to start a more talented guy with 'potential' over a vet. Once RF gave evidence he could move the O, the job is his til the 'bad' RF shows up. None of this means Rosen will be an NFL starter. Only that there are different flavors of 'beating someone out.'

RF started. RF sucked.
RF started. Much better. Players want the player they think gives them the best chance to win

You make it sound like every NFL coach is always going to start a more talented guy with 'potential' over a vet. Once RF gave evidence he could move the O, the job is his til the 'bad' RF shows up. None of this means Rosen can be an NFL starter. Only that there are different flavors of 'beating someone out.'
Dude, no more coffee

I’m calling it, Fitz’ “injured” shoulder will keep him out of the Bengals game, and this Rosen praise is setting the stage

No bigger need than QB.

There you are wrong. That's why I said get 2 QB's after the trenches are built. You want to build the trenches first and for most. Do that and whoever the QB's are we select in the later rounds (you develop them). You keep Rosen (he is Plan A bank it), You keep Fitz (a Mentor to all of them), You draft 2 QB's (Plan all along and it should be). They all battle for the job (BEST MAN WINS!). By then, the line will be fortified and solidified to put a rookie out there to succeed if he should win the battle and you poach the other one on PS.

See, everybody including you who think that a QB is the straight up answer is going to be extremely disappointed because, it just isn't believe me I used to be a College Football Coach. Get as many as you can always. This draft we can because we have 14 picks. Do your due diligence.

Now you do the same to the Defensive Line get some nasty *** SOB players heavy *** SOB hogs who don't get pushed around and always collapses the pocket from the interior who can attack and rush the QB and make sure you get players who can set the edge, destroy passing and running lanes, and to destroy QB's when they are passing or scrambling. Then our CB's and Safeties will get turnovers galore.

Look at the San Francisco 49ers as an example. The D is stellar as they drafted amazing talent the last 3 years in-a-row to get where they are now. There OL is stellar and they have 2 rookies and 2 2nd year players on it (cohesiveness rules always). They built the trenches to make it amazing on both sides of the ball. That's why they are 10-1 bud. Jimmy G. is good to near great when he is protected any ****ing QB can be good to great with protection it has been that way forever. There running game is stellar because they have competent players who solidified the line and they are ****ing monsters.

Our Miami Dolphins need *ucking MONSTERS!! We need tough SOB's who beat the $hit out of other teams straight up in your face an relentless pain on both side of the ball to get anywhere, and to climb back up back to the top of AFC East which that is the ****ing goal. Without our trenches being fortified it will not matter who the **** we put back behind it because they will not succeed.

Trust me, its the only ****ing way this team will ever rise to the an elite team and to win a SUPER BOWL again.

Last edited:
Is 78 really fitz qb rating?

If so that’s worse than Jay cutlers corpse season
Yes... it is...
NB, you're totally off the charts on the kid. Don't mean off as in wrong but overwhelming hate.

Let's take a look at him with a solid oline which I hope to pay for/draft this offseason.

And the old man hasn't been atrocious under the constant pressure he's put up with.

I've been advocating to start Rosen to see more of him but I've changed my mind. Fitz is stepping every which way and running with his 37 year old legs to avoid immediate pressure.

It makes zero sense to start the kid under these circumstances. You're of the opinion he's bad now, imagine the odds of him getting any better behind this oline.

And one can learn alot from the grit Fitz shows. Hopefully it's rubbing off on a kid whose already had his confidence shaken in Arizona.

Either way, Rosen is not going anywhere so killing the kid with every post is a waste especially when you, yes the literal you, have no idea what the plan is, why he's not starting.

Are you wrong? Sadly, likely not. If Flo is starting the best chance at winning, it doesn't look good for us and the kid. But do you really know? Have you attended meetings? Did yah get a memo, brother?

Again, odds look like you might be right. But you can also be very wrong. It's not trolling. It's advocating for the latter.
Overwhelming hate? What I hate is the idea that this team might just believe Rosen is the future at QB for this team going foward. My opinion his that given what we've seen from him so far, there's absolutely nothing to suggest he's headed towards any kind of success.

This is not hate, this is based on the fact he's sitting behind the worst QB in the league after losing the starting gig competition to him, the fact he's a big second late in most decision he takes on the football field and still doesnt take the right option half the time.

Processing info quickly and nailing decisions consistantly is arguably the most important aspect of QBing and one that's pretty much un-teachable.

I dont hate Rosen, I just think his future as a NFL QB is not looking very good...
RF started. RF sucked.

You make it sound like every NFL coach is always going to start a more talented guy with 'potential' over a vet. Once RF gave evidence he could move the O, the job is his til the 'bad' RF shows up. None of this means Rosen will be an NFL starter. Only that there are different flavors of 'beating someone out.'
"Til the bad RF shows up"... Are you implying we are witnessing the "good RF" so far this season?

Fitz is 38 and was never better than a bottom 10 starter in the NFL.

He is still playing for one reason and one reason only... he went to Harvard and is probably the smartest QB in the league, maybe the history of the league.

He is what a horrible team needs in order to build upon.

...and he probably won't be needed next year, certainly not to start. It is time that Fitz found a lower-paying job as a QB coach. He'd be very good at that.

As someone who absolutely did not want Ryan Fitzpatrick signed to this team I will say he has been very consistent and done about as good a job as humanly possible.

The only reason he's starting over Rosen is because he's better equipped to make the offensive chaos somewhat tolerable.

The OL and running game is HISTORICALLY awful. Drawing conclusions on the QB play by either Ryan or Josh is irresponsible.

There are limits to the impact a QB can make. When a play is called "Don't Die" shouldn't be one of the objectives for that play. It has been this year.

"Til the bad RF shows up"... Are you implying we are witnessing the "good RF" so far this season?

Unfortunately, yes. RF has played well, but the bar is low. Given no OL and no run game, even Brady couldn't do well. And I will not be surprised when the bad R DOES show up. That's been his problem his entire career.

Here's where I think we disagree on Rosen. He showed little last year and next to nothing this year. If that is the 'real' Rosen, it's past time to move on. I'm not yet convinced that's the case.Matter of fact, I think he CAN play better. what I don't know is how much better. As you said above, "Processing info quickly and nailing decisions consistently is arguably the most important aspect of QBing." That's my thought exactly. The game will slow down for him. I'm willing to give him a shot to show he can process quickly. I don't expect miracles, but I want to see progress. I want to see if his 'progress' is not much better than what fans have seen, or 'starting caliber.' Let him control his destiny.

Unfortunately, yes. RF has played well, but the bar is low. Given no OL and no run game, even Brady couldn't do well. And I will not be surprised when the bad R DOES show up. That's been his problem his entire career.

I think that's the point that people are missing.

If only Brady was the QB. Or Rodgers, or Mahomes, or Wilson.

They wouldn't make a lick of difference in the grand scheme. In fact they might actually make the situation worse by complaining about the rest of the team. A franchise quarterback wouldn't tolerate this teams roster. Nor would they elevate us to 7 or 8 wins. Let alone playoff contention.

I think that's the point that people are missing.

If only Brady was the QB. Or Rodgers, or Mahomes, or Wilson.

They wouldn't make a lick of difference in the grand scheme. In fact they might actually make the situation worse by complaining about the rest of the team. A franchise quarterback wouldn't tolerate this teams roster. Nor would they elevate us to 7 or 8 wins. Let alone playoff contention.
I'm barely tolerating this team's roster!

Here's where I think we disagree on Rosen. He showed little last year and next to nothing this year. If that is the 'real' Rosen, it's past time to move on. I'm not yet convinced that's the case.Matter of fact, I think he CAN play better. what I don't know is how much better. As you said above, "Processing info quickly and nailing decisions consistently is arguably the most important aspect of QBing." That's my thought exactly. The game will slow down for him. I'm willing to give him a shot to show he can process quickly. I don't expect miracles, but I want to see progress. I want to see if his 'progress' is not much better than what fans have seen, or 'starting caliber.' Let him control his destiny.
RF is actually 2 points below is career rating... What we're seeing is Fitz, that's what he is.

My point is not that I want Rosen off the team. My point is that he shouldnt be considered as a viable option for the future starting QB of the Fins as of right now. What Im saying is the team should ignore the fact that Rosen is on the team when they make up a plan for the QB position beyond this season...

At this point, Rosen is like a Luke Falk, a young 3rd string QB that's easily replaceable.

Back
Top Bottom