Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen Working Hard, Improving, Earning Flores' Praise

What the heck is going on with my duplicate posts today?
When you get the server error message, your post was posted, just click the x and move on...:up:

RF is actually 2 points below is career rating... What we're seeing is Fitz, that's what he is.

My point is not that I want Rosen off the team. My point is that he shouldnt be considered as a viable option for the future starting QB of the Fins as of right now. What Im saying is the team should ignore the fact that Rosen is on the team when they make up a plan for the QB position beyond this season...

At this point, Rosen is like a Luke Falk, a young 3rd string QB that's easily replaceable.

Luke Falk does not and never had Rosen's pedigree. Rosen is 22 (younger than Burrow). Falk is 25 in December.

Apples to oranges.

Also on Rosen...

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is one of the many people on hand at UCLA’s pro day. Mayock has been high on UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen’s NFL potential, and his feelings haven’t changed.

Mayock spoke about Rosen’s skill as a quarterback at UCLA’s pro day on Thursday.

“I think he’s the most natural thrower of the football [among this draft class]. He throws a beautiful ball. When he has clean feet and clear vision, I think he’s the best thrower in the draft,” Mayock said, per Bryan Fenley of UCLA/IMG Network.

Now, Mayock has been wrong before, but he is one of the best analysts in the business and he loved 20 year old Josh Rosen. His advice was to keep his pocket clean and watch him light it up. If we want a pocket QB, he may be the guy. The biggest mistake we could make is to write him off before we have a line for him to work behind.

Also on Rosen...

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock is one of the many people on hand at UCLA’s pro day. Mayock has been high on UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen’s NFL potential, and his feelings haven’t changed.

Mayock spoke about Rosen’s skill as a quarterback at UCLA’s pro day on Thursday.

“I think he’s the most natural thrower of the football [among this draft class]. He throws a beautiful ball. When he has clean feet and clear vision, I think he’s the best thrower in the draft,” Mayock said, per Bryan Fenley of UCLA/IMG Network.

Now, Mayock has been wrong before, but he is one of the best analysts in the business and he loved 20 year old Josh Rosen. His advice was to keep his pocket clean and watch him light it up. If we want a pocket QB, he may be the guy. The biggest mistake we could make is to write him off before we have a line for him to work behind.
So... What you're saying his the last 2 years havent occured? His 63 rating in the NFL up to this point is irrelevant, compared to his evaluation from 2 years ago?

Yes... what I am telling you is that stats for a young pocket QB are largely meaningless.

Here are Terry Bradshaw's rookie stats. 38% completion rate. 6TDs 24 INTs. He was 22.
in his second year... 54.4% completion rate. 13 TDs 22 Ints

Stats for young players on bad teams... almost completely useless.

Josh Rosen has talent.

But talent only goes so far.

Yes, you have to have the intelligence and patience to get better, and the coaching and front office to put you into a position to succeed.

This is pocket QB 101.

"Til the bad RF shows up"... Are you implying we are witnessing the "good RF" so far this season?

Unfortunately, yes. RF has played well, but the bar is low. Given no OL and no run game, even Brady couldn't do well. And I will not be surprised when the bad R DOES show up. That's been his problem his entire career.

Here's where I think we disagree on Rosen. He showed little last year and next to nothing this year. If that is the 'real' Rosen, it's past time to move on. I'm not yet convinced that's the case.Matter of fact, I think he CAN play better. what I don't know is how much better. As you said above, "Processing info quickly and nailing decisions consistently is arguably the most important aspect of QBing." That's my thought exactly. The game will slow down for him. I'm willing to give him a shot to show he can process quickly. I don't expect miracles, but I want to see progress. I want to see if his 'progress' is not much better than what fans have
RF is actually 2 points below is career rating... What we're seeing is Fitz, that's what he is.

My point is not that I want Rosen off the team. My point is that he shouldnt be considered as a viable option for the future starting QB of the Fins as of right now. What Im saying is the team should ignore the fact that Rosen is on the team when they make up a plan for the QB position beyond this season...

At this point, Rosen is like a Luke Falk, a young 3rd string QB that's easily replaceable.

Here we agree. My point is, given your evaluation, what is the harm in giving him a couple more games this year. Likely, we don't see enough improvement and Flo can make a change with confidence. Maybe he's shown he's learned some, can connect the physical and mental, and show enough for Flo to scratch 'backup' off the list. Maybe he shows he's learned a lot and still has upside. I'd like to know more before next September.

Yes... what I am telling you is that stats for a young pocket QB are largely meaningless.

Here are Terry Bradshaw's rookie stats. 38% completion rate. 6TDs 24 INTs. He was 22.
in his second year... 54.4% completion rate. 13 TDs 22 Ints

Stats for young players on bad teams... almost completely useless.
Did you just go back to the 70s to make a point? :lol:

Consider this, this season on the same team with the same players, a career 80 rating QB is only 2 points off his career average. Meanwhile, Rosen's rating is 52... On the same team...

There's really nothing logical and factual that points to Rosen having a solid NFL career at this point. All you have to stand on is outliers and cases from nearly 50 years ago...

Unfortunately, yes. RF has played well, but the bar is low. Given no OL and no run game, even Brady couldn't do well. And I will not be surprised when the bad R DOES show up. That's been his problem his entire career.

Here's where I think we disagree on Rosen. He showed little last year and next to nothing this year. If that is the 'real' Rosen, it's past time to move on. I'm not yet convinced that's the case.Matter of fact, I think he CAN play better. what I don't know is how much better. As you said above, "Processing info quickly and nailing decisions consistently is arguably the most important aspect of QBing." That's my thought exactly. The game will slow down for him. I'm willing to give him a shot to show he can process quickly. I don't expect miracles, but I want to see progress. I want to see if his 'progress' is not much better than what fans have

Here we agree. My point is, given your evaluation, what is the harm in giving him a couple more games this year. Likely, we don't see enough improvement and Flo can make a change with confidence. Maybe he's shown he's learned some, can connect the physical and mental, and show enough for Flo to scratch 'backup' off the list. Maybe he shows he's learned a lot and still has upside. I'd like to know more before next September.
I wish they'd give him games, I've been pounding the table for that all season long... There's no way you can make an educated decision based on only practice reps, especially when the problem with the guy is failure to make accurate decisions quickly. No ones saying the guy cant throw a ball, every QB that makes here can do that, you also need to proccess information quickly and make the correct decision consistently, and that, you cant evaluate in practice.

Sorry... but there are dozens of players like this. Young pocket QBs take a bit longer.

I rarely agree with CKP, but one thing he is absolutely correct about is the futility of trying to argue with a fan whose analysis comes from stats.

Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom