Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

Rosen will always look good because he throws a great ball. But when it comes to reading the field and going through his progressions, he's sorely lacking. He can still improve there but with each year that goes by that he doesn't, it becomes less likely that he will.

Rosen turned 21 three months before he was drafted by Arizona and was 22 last year in Miami. Burrow will be 23 when he is drafted. Tua and Herbert will be 22 when they are drafted. I think it’s fair to assume he simply wasn’t as NFL ready as a lot of other 1st round QB prospects are.

To top it off he was on a horrible Arizona team that dealt with tons of injuries and coaching staff changes during the season as a rookie. Then he was traded to us where we threw him under center with the least talented roster in the NFL and a first year coaching staff (with a completely different system than his rookie year).

The simple truth is that no one outside of our coaching staff and front office know what we have in Rosen. I don’t know if we will ever see him as the starter in Miami, but I don’t think his career is anywhere near over.

I've stated several times I am no fan of Rosen. Most of these reasons are because of his attitude. Physically, I think he has tools. However, he is slightly built and I fear he will have durability issues. That said, I think it is unfair to grade him based on his few appearances this season and his work last year with an awful Cardinals team (with an O-line that wasn't even average). He gets an incomplete thus far. I hope he has a decent career somewhere other than Miami. But to completely write him off now is a little premature.

Last edited:
Def not ready to write off Rosen as of yet. The benefits of keeping him on the roster outweigh whatever 6th or 7th round pick we may be able to acquire for him. Give him more time to develop and see if he comes around. His cost is relatively cheap as he is still on a rookie contract. No need to cut bait on the guy just yet. More seasoning and more marinating needed before we can really find out what really have in him. So far we have 3 games as a body of work for our organization. Plus whatever we have fromhis year in kthe desert.

Idk what dolphins should do w Rosen.. we need oline for Rosen to have chance. Rosen best beat is get cut and find team. That fit his style of play.

I think some people are being just a tad over confident with the prospect of Rosen becoming anything more than a backup at this point.

How can I put this nicely... If Rosen was your 401K, you'd all be like

There was never any consistency of qb play for 4 quarters witb rosen. Sure he’d put half’s together but it either wouldn’t dent the scoreboard or he’d play at a replace me level the other half.

and that last game he started I mean that was replace me level for 4 quarters qb play.

I’m not ready to just give up because he’s shown flashes but at the same time I’m not passing up qb when I’m in prime position to land one in the draft.

he hasn’t earned that witb his game play.

I like Rosen and he has always thrown the ball beautifully, and while he wasn't that bad against Dallas and the Chargers (certainly compared to Fitz's shitty first two games) he blew it big time against Washington. It was like watching that Jay Cutler season again, check down after check down. Fitz came in and nearly won, Flores committed to Rosen after the game but then switched during the week after the effect of Fitz coming in on him and the team changed his outlook. Who knows where we'd be now if Rosen had performed just well enough not to get pulled, or if Fitz hadn't performed so much better than he had previously in that Washington game? Or if Fitz wasn't such a great guy that the team responded to so well off the field?

With Fitz being the cast iron starter and Tua incoming it really does look bleak for Rosen, although Fitz will deteriorate at some point (it would be wise to assume his usual meltdown has just been delayed slightly) and with Tua's injury status cloudly he may get another shot of some kind. It's a shame because he has talent, a good attitude and has been unfairly slandered over the last year or two - I don't mind seeing an arsehole fail, but Rosen is not an arsehole - but sometimes players just aren't good enough or don't get the breaks.

Rosen will always look good because he throws a great ball. But when it comes to reading the field and going through his progressions, he's sorely lacking. He can still improve there but with each year that goes by that he doesn't, it becomes less likely that he will.

True... but he’s 22 years old... younger than Joe Burrow.

The smart move is what they are doing... attempting to develop him.

Not sure why some fans don’t understand that.

True... but he’s 22 years old... younger than Joe Burrow.

The smart move is what they are doing... attempting to develop him.

Not sure why some fans don’t understand that.

so you think 3 QB’s will be active on game day?

Back
Top Bottom