Rosen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

In order to go through "progressions," you need more than 2 seconds to scan the field. Brady read through 3-4-5 progressions sometimes, because he had the time.

The legend of Josh Rosen. :lol: Can someone name one elite quality that Josh Rosen has? My god. I've never seen so many people advocating for someone that has shown so little in my entire life. If he wasn't a first round pick, he would be on a similar career arc as Nate Peterman.

The coach reportedly hates Rosen. I don’t even think he’ll be on the roster next season.
Can you please post. I don't believe I've seen any reports Flo hates Rosen. I have however seen him praise Rosens development over the year.

I think some people are being just a tad over confident with the prospect of Rosen becoming anything more than a backup at this point.

How can I put this nicely... If Rosen was your 401K, you'd all be like

But even if all he ever becomes is a solid back up, at this point so what. He is 22 on a cheap rookie contract. Why would we cut or trade him for next to nothing? That doesn't make much sense. I'd like to see him as 1 of 5 Qbs in camp this year.

so you think 3 QB’s will be active on game day?
I do and have been advocating for months for this. I believe we are in a unique position with the roster this year. We should carry 3 on the 53 and a 4th on PS.
I want QBs!!!

But even if all he ever becomes is a solid back up, at this point so what. He is 22 on a cheap rookie contract. Why would we cut or trade him for next to nothing? That doesn't make much sense. I'd like to see him as 1 of 5 Qbs in camp this year.
I absolutely agree with you. My position is he shouldnt be counted on at this point. He's a nice little project to have on the team but not a viable option(At the moment) for the future at QB for this franchise. In other words, he shouldnt be a reason QB is not high on your list.

There have been dozens of games in his career that Fitzpatrick fell apart. That is why he has been a backup most of his career and the reason he has played for so many teams in his career. He can play well for short periods during a season but then he will revert back to the QB who will throw 3 or 4 interceptions in a game.

I have no idea if Rosen will ever be a quality QB for the Dolphins or any other team in the NFL. Yet I find it hard to imagine any young QB would have had any success playing for the Cardinals in 2018 and the Dolphins last season because in 2018 the Cardinals had the worst offensive line in the league and last year the Dolphins were awful in regards to their offensive line.

I would love to see Rosen play behind a solid offensive line and with at least an average running game. Hopefully we will get the chance next season.

Yet he didn't fall apart like that this year...

I think you're making too much of those limited times we saw him. Sure, he threw some good passes and seemed okay - but he started to melt down. He wasnt processing things quickly enough. I dont think Rosen showed nearly enough at all to make anyone bypass a potential stud QB

There is my problem with Rosen - mental quickness. Even his detractors admit he has the physical tools. Can he gain the mental quickness. I'm confident he can improve. A common comment to many players in year 2 or 3 is the game slowed down for him. The game WILL slow down for him. My uncertainty is HOW MUCH will it slow down? He could reach his maximum mental quickness and still not be quick enough. He could reach his maximum mental quickness and be a top 10 QB. No one knows. I think it's save to say, if Miami passes on a R1 QB, Flo and staff think he can be the guy. If they select a top 3 QB, they likely don't.

I keep hearing about all of his physical tools. I just don't see them. He has average physical tools. He's at best an average athlete. He has average arm talent with slightly below average accuracy. He processes information slowly and from everything that has been said about him since he has been in college, there has been questions about his personality. The only positives I've seen from him is he sometimes has a knack for stepping up in the pocket when he feels the rush and he throws a decent deep ball. So tell me again, what are his special physical tools?

Yeah his whole thing is lack of mental quickness, and that's what leads to him being late doing everything from moving in the pocket to his passes coming out late. The people who run the Dolphins have said they are still looking for a young QB to come in and lead this team. So for anyone thinking they are going to give him any real chance at doing that is clueless....

He could be a backup here sure... but odds are they will drop him. I could see him staying another year as the backup if they draft Tua but if they draft any other QB high he's gone.

Fitzpatrick is old , but he's a gamer. When players on the team are going on wqam saying he's the best teammate they have ever had, and ya watched the games and saw what kind of leader he is, it's easy to understand why the Miami's FO is all but done with Rosen.

The children who want to slam the door on Rosen are just pouting / ranting because he didn't play at an executive level at 22-years-old behind an absolutely dysfunctional OL with ZERO run game support to complement his efforts.

I saw more than enough from Rosen in terms of pocket awareness, live arm, quick release and mobility to justify a much deeper (and longer) "evaluation" and subsequent coaching.

HE IS NOT TRASH! And the kid was thrown into just about the worst possible scenario to "prove" his chops and -- effectively forced to carry the team like a high-performance vet! It's just ridiculous to formulate a final judgment based on the circumstances he was subjected to.

Last, however good or bad Rosen's NFL career is going to be his projected success or failure rate is comparable to the shiny new QB objects available in the '20 draft! And counter to what others have said regarding Flores opinion on Rosen -- Flo was highly complimentary of Rosen's work and development throughout the season behind the scenes.

I just don't get how anyone can be a fan of the TEAM and not root for the kids development and hope that he is the answer @QB. And with that in mind -- realize he's super young with a lot of positive tools to work with -- IF ??? we surround him with a complimentary system and players.

Back
Top Bottom