Rosen | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

You just described Ryan Tannehill and killed your own argument
Ryan Tannehill walked into the league and despite not having much around him still put up highly efficient games where he won. Tannehill was always "ok", just not great. Rosen has never even looked "ok".

Try harder next time you want to pretend to make a point.

I have to believe everyone who is pro Rosen is a troll. It’s just mind boggling.
I don't believe that. I just think they are hoping against all hope that what they see isn't really true. The guy is well on his way to being a total bust.

I am curious what is ROSEN doing this offseason. Is he working to get better or cruising around?

This will speak to his future. I am under the belief that talent means something, drive and intelligence means as much if not more.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what leads you to think Rosen can be turned into an exceptional QB?

Three reasons:

1) He has a great arm. That can not be taught.
2) He is smart. How well that can be applied to NFL football remains to be seen. History shows us that his previous coaches have failed him and the teams he played for.
3) We have the potential to offer him a level of coaching beyond what he has experienced and that should help him a lot. Based on some general comments this year from Flores, it sounds like he is picking it up.

Considering we have had a surprisingly good year from Fritz and are likely to get him back on the last year of his contract, I see our internal requirements for a future QB extended into next years draft. Rosen is costing us very little in terms of a backup QB and he may develop even more.

This should let us apply all of this years draft to non-QB positions and we certainly are in a position where we can take great advantage of that.

Is this an XFL thread? If so? Harsh but fair

Three reasons:

2) He is smart. How well that can be applied to NFL football remains to be seen. History shows us that his previous coaches have failed him and the teams he played for.
3) We have the potential to offer him a level of coaching beyond what he has experienced and that should help him a lot. Based on some general comments this year from Flores, it sounds like he is picking it up.

Considering we have had a surprisingly good year from Fritz and are likely to get him back on the last year of his contract, I see our internal requirements for a future QB extended into next years draft. Rosen is costing us very little in terms of a backup QB and he may develop even more.

This should let us apply all of this years draft to non-QB positions and we certainly are in a position where we can take great advantage of that.

I agree with everything except the last sentence. If we have the opportunity to draft a QB our front office deems worthy than we keep picking a QB until we find one. We have plenty of ways to solidify our team this off-season.

Three reasons:

1) He doesn't have a "great" arm. A "great" arm is Mahomes or Josh Allen. His arm is merely "good enough".

2) He's football dumb. This is why he holds on to the ball too long and can't make protection calls.

3) Based on what, exactly? The OC we just gave him was already fired after a season. This is purely speculative and frankly extremely homer-ish.

I agree with everything except the last sentence. If we have the opportunity to draft a QB our front office deems worthy than we keep picking a QB until we find one. We have plenty of ways to solidify our team this off-season.

While I don't disagree with that approach, if the team takes that approach; I just feel any QB selection will be much further back in the draft.

A lot will depend on how the first 4 selections go, but I question if any QB available selection 5 will be more important to the coaches then a lineman. Just a feeling, but my feelings are often more accurate then many of my rationalizations.

1) He doesn't have a "great" arm. A "great" arm is Mahomes or Josh Allen. His arm is merely "good enough".

2) He's football dumb. This is why he holds on to the ball too long and can't make protection calls.

3) Based on what, exactly? The OC we just gave him was already fired after a season. This is purely speculative and frankly extremely homer-ish.

1) Any arm that is "good enough" in the NFL is a great arm. Notice I didn't say the greatest arm. Quit trying to re-define terminology just to suit your argument.

2) You failed to recognize that "football dumb" typically means un-educated. Intellect is basically the ability to learn. Everything I've read about Rosen says he is very intelligent, so he should be able to learn "football" terminology; after all, you did!

3) Without inside information on Rosen's training it is hard to know, but it seems as likely that the coaches we let go who were directly responsible for Rosen's training were not satisfactory to Flores, while the new coaches have been noted for their teaching ability. This position makes a lot of sense, if its true. We'll know more after training camp.

To sum it up, your objections to my first two questions actually support my reasoning, you just used too many words you don't understand.

My third reason concurs with your comments on speculation, so what was the point. I have expanded on my reasoning for that speculation and I hope that helps, but in the end, speculation is speculation. Usually adding clarification to speculation ends up being no more useful then polishing a turd.

Spk Engrish!

1) Any arm that is "good enough" in the NFL is a great arm. Notice I didn't say the greatest arm. Quit trying to re-define terminology just to suit your argument.

2) You failed to recognize that "football dumb" typically means un-educated. Intellect is basically the ability to learn. Everything I've read about Rosen says he is very intelligent, so he should be able to learn "football" terminology; after all, you did!

3) Without inside information on Rosen's training it is hard to know, but it seems as likely that the coaches we let go who were directly responsible for Rosen's training were not satisfactory to Flores, while the new coaches have been noted for their teaching ability. This position makes a lot of sense, if its true. We'll know more after training camp.

To sum it up, your objections to my first two questions actually support my reasoning, you just used too many words you don't understand.

My third reason concurs with your comments on speculation, so what was the point. I have expanded on my reasoning for that speculation and I hope that helps, but in the end, speculation is speculation. Usually adding clarification to speculation ends up being no more useful then polishing a turd.

Spk Engrish!
1) Oh, ok. Rosen has a "great" arm when other QBs can then have the "greatest" arm. What an absolutely pointless retort. Use whatever adjectives you want for comparison sake, but the point remains that he doesn't have an arm that's extraordinary relative to his peers. It's adequate to be a starter, but is nothing special nor is it some selling point for him.

2) No, football dumb doesn't mean uneducated. There are countless examples i.e. Dan Marino who played for your favorite team, bro, that got wrecked by the Wonderlic, but on the field they knew exactly what they were doing. Frank Gore is an example of someone who got a 6... a SIX... on the Wonderlic, but is going to go to the Hall of Fame because his vision and football instincts were absolutely extraordinary. Rosen may be able to spell onomatopoeia, but on the football field he rarely knows what the hell he's doing because his instincts are garbage.

PS: You also don't need the hyphen for "un-educated" as it's an actual word I promise, Mr. Engrish.

3) You went from "He's potentially getting a level of training above what he's had and Flores is in agreement based on his comments" to "Oh, okay his coach was actually fired and it's all speculation at this point!" If you got to 3 and ran out of concrete reasons to prop him up outside of speculation, that kind of says it all, doesn't it?

bUt mAyBe i iS tWo DuMb tOo uNdErStAnD

Back
Top Bottom