Rosen | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

Three reasons:

1) He has a great arm. That can not be taught.
2) He is smart. How well that can be applied to NFL football remains to be seen. History shows us that his previous coaches have failed him and the teams he played for.
3) We have the potential to offer him a level of coaching beyond what he has experienced and that should help him a lot. Based on some general comments this year from Flores, it sounds like he is picking it up.

Considering we have had a surprisingly good year from Fritz and are likely to get him back on the last year of his contract, I see our internal requirements for a future QB extended into next years draft. Rosen is costing us very little in terms of a backup QB and he may develop even more.

This should let us apply all of this years draft to non-QB positions and we certainly are in a position where we can take great advantage of that.
1) He doesn't have a "great" arm. A "great" arm is Mahomes or Josh Allen. His arm is merely "good enough".

2) He's football dumb. This is why he holds on to the ball too long and can't make protection calls.

3) Based on what, exactly? The OC we just gave him was already fired after a season. This is purely speculative and frankly extremely homer-ish.

I tend to agree more with Kamelion in that I agree his arm is good not great, though he throws a great spiral. If the reasoning that any arm in the NFL is a great arm then any QB can become an excellent in the NFL and that just isn't that case.

While he is a smart guy I don't think he has the processing down and that is a major red flag.

I'm not saying he 100% can't develop into an excellent QB, I'm saying that I've seen nothing to show me he that he will, or that there is even a slim possibility.

Some guys like to look at stats to determine a players performance. Sometimes that can in fact be telling, but for me - Film is always the better for a wide variety of reasons. Our coaches may very well not like Josh Rosen in terms of taking over QB of this franchise. We may very well draft a QB high in Round 1. We may ride with FitzMagic again all of 2020 and see what happens with Josh Rosen's growth or some other rookie. As for me, I like his film. I've liked his film all season. I think he played well given how bad our offense was doing, especially our OL, running attack, and WR's (dropping balls) back when he was starting for the short time he played.

I won't be mad, sad or doubting if we pass on a QB and build on Rosen. I see lots of things that I like.

Besides having perhaps the worst OL in Pro Football last year during the stretch he got to play in, Rosen also had several perfect throws dropped by Williams, Grant, etc...

vs the Chargers

vs the Redskins

and for those that want to argue he didn't play well in Arizona either - Same story there. Worst team in the league and OL was horrible.

I feel the same way you do about Rosen. I saw a lot of things I liked about Rosen. The kid was new to a tanking offence with no oline. Give him a chance.

I feel the same way you do about Rosen. I saw a lot of things I liked about Rosen. The kid was new to a tanking offence with no oline. Give him a chance.

Not sold on Rosen, but I'm in the 'it can't hurt anything to give him a shot' camp. Minimal salary, Over a year to sit and learn. I fail to see a large downside. Give him a shot.

Untitled.0.png

I get that a lot of the gurus on this site hate the guy but I for one saw at least three dropped touchdowns during those godawful early weeks wherein everyone looked bad. Taking that into account (that his QBR would be much higher without those dropped dimes) along with the Chan Gailey system that will almost certainly be utilizing more play-action and down the field shots, I'd be okay with giving him another look - especially if Tua is out of reach. Rosen competing with Jordan Love after a trade-down is okay with me.

I get that a lot of the gurus on this site hate the guy but I for one saw at least three dropped touchdowns during those godawful early weeks wherein everyone looked bad. Taking that into account (that his QBR would be much higher without those dropped dimes) along with the Chan Gailey system that will almost certainly be utilizing more play-action and down the field shots, I'd be okay with giving him another look - especially if Tua is out of reach. Rosen competing with Jordan Love after a trade-down is okay with me.
Everyone usually looks bad when the QB is incapable of playing well. All QBs have drops, but when you only have a handful of good throws per game and some are dropped, apparently those are the ones you specifically remember and make excuses for.

It's not just bad luck or "aww shucks, he dropped a TD" as reasons why Rosen has never had a single NFL average game in his 16 game starting career. It's him, and somehow people STILL don't get that when Fitzpatrick comes in, almost leads the team to an immediate comeback in limited time, and then plays well the rest of the season. Fitzpatrick had the same excuses as Rosen did. He was just better.

Kemelion hates Josh Rosen with a passion. It's really quite weird why he does so hard on how bad that he thinks he is.

He has a lot of starting NFL caliber tools and yes a Great Arm. Flings the ball like a champ.

All most of us are saying is hes young and let's give him a shot. Take Tua but start Rosen next year and we'll go for. There. If we cant get Tua then definitely trade down and draft a project like Love and may the best QB win.

Kemelion hates Josh Rosen with a passion. It's really quite weird why he does so hard on how bad that he thinks he is.

He has a lot of starting NFL caliber tools and yes a Great Arm. Flings the ball like a champ.

All most of us are saying is hes young and let's give him a shot. Take Tua but start Rosen next year and we'll go for. There. If we cant get Tua then definitely trade down and draft a project like Love and may the best QB win.
Come on...

I might remind you that is short for "champion". He's 3-13 in his NFL career and doesn't have a single game at or above the NFL average QB rating.

Champion of what?

You make me laugh with the same stats you like to bring up....

We'll find out soon enough and I'm sure you'll be pissed and talking crap lol

You make me laugh with the same stats you like to bring up....

We'll find out soon enough and I'm sure you'll be pissed and talking crap lol
I'm not some arguing fanatic so I really don't need to continue to hate Rosen if he turns out to be good. That's the thing. I HOPE he turns out to be good because I only desire that things work out for the betterment of the team, but I see absolutely nothing in him that gives me that hope. Best case scenario is that he'll be a good backup going forward because we're going to need one if we take Tua.

Back
Top Bottom