Rosen | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

I'm NOT sold on Rosen by a long shot but I do see a bunch of good things that he does. He has excellent feet and is able to slip away from rushers and buy time. His long ball is a thing of beauty and he has the touch necessary to complete the shorter throws. He's got prototype size and he's 100% healthy. Josh's problem is between his ears and Fitz was way ahead in the nuances of the offense. Rosen should be a great fit for a Chan Gailey offense so as I say, let take another look and see if the light came on. We're paying the kid, let's see what coaching he's received since his last start. Flo did say that we're going to see a different guy out there when he plays next. So, I'm willing to take a look. If Rosen can play that is great for the Dolphins!

Just deleted about a page from this thread. Stay on topic.

If some of you don't like a poster? Ignore them. If you can't do this then use your ignore list. If you choose to continue to make off topic posts in threads, you will end up banned from the thread and eventually the site.

Issue with rosen
Reading defenses, takes too long to release ball, and leadership.
He can fix one and 2 with time.
Now you know why we want TUA.

Fishbanger, reading defenses is definitely his problem along with learning another new offense. If he was quicker with his reads and knowledge of his offense then the ball comes our right on time. Rosen needs to have some success that would lead to the kid having more confidence. With the knowledge that he can play at a high level in the NFL we would see the leadership improve. I don't know that Rosen will ever be a fiery leader but winning and Touchdowns go a long way.

If Rosen ever becomes anything more than a career backup I will be very surprised.

Keep and develop him is the opinion here.....

When you watch those plays you can see he didn't have much help. A lot of it wasn't his fault.

But then I say to myself, wow Fitz did not have much help either, but he looked damn good at times. Lets not make our players unaccountable again.

Last edited:
But then I say to myself, wow Fitz did not have much help either, but he looked damn good at times. Lets not make our players unaccountable again.
The big difference there, was the fact that Fitz had something JR didn't. Something that cannot be coached. Experience to read defenses at a glance. Experience to know from where the pressure will come. Experience to understand the progression, and know, given the D alignment, where his "hot read" will be.

IDK if Rosen ever gets there, but aside from him, specifically, I doubt any young, inexperienced, poorly coached guy would have been successful.

I'm NOT sold on Rosen by a long shot but I do see a bunch of good things that he does. He has excellent feet and is able to slip away from rushers and buy time. His long ball is a thing of beauty and he has the touch necessary to complete the shorter throws. He's got prototype size and he's 100% healthy. Josh's problem is between his ears and Fitz was way ahead in the nuances of the offense. Rosen should be a great fit for a Chan Gailey offense so as I say, let take another look and see if the light came on. We're paying the kid, let's see what coaching he's received since his last start. Flo did say that we're going to see a different guy out there when he plays next. So, I'm willing to take a look. If Rosen can play that is great for the Dolphins!

I worry its leadership, he has the athletic ability, he has the intelligence, but is he the type of guy that can lead/rally. Every player in the huddle with Marino, Brady, Elway and now I dare say Mahomes, believe every time they have a chance to win/score.

Rosen must get to some level of this or be relegated to the life of decent QB's whos games are decided by OTHER players, NOT THEM. Tannehill is this type of player, everything wanted in a QB, EXCEPT this skill.

I worry its leadership, he has the athletic ability, he has the intelligence, but is he the type of guy that can lead/rally. Every player in the huddle with Marino, Brady, Elway and now I dare say Mahomes, believe every time they have a chance to win/score.

Rosen must get to some level of this or be relegated to the life of decent QB's whos games are decided by OTHER players, NOT THEM. Tannehill is this type of player, everything wanted in a QB, EXCEPT this skill.
That "skill" is nothing more than a byproduct of their ability to consistently deliver when the team needs them to. Tannehill didn't have it and Rosen doesn't because they aren't or haven't been good enough to deserve it.

Also, I'm firmly in the camp that Rosen doesn't have the football intelligence to succeed, or at least hasn't shown as much. Getting a good grade on the Wonderlic is far different than being able to react quickly to what a defense is doing on the field.

That "skill" is nothing more than a byproduct of their ability to consistently deliver when the team needs them to. Tannehill didn't have it and Rosen doesn't because they aren't or haven't been good enough to deserve it.

Also, I'm firmly in the camp that Rosen doesn't have the football intelligence to succeed, or at least hasn't shown as much. Getting a good grade on the Wonderlic is far different than being able to react quickly to what a defense is doing on the field.
I agree, nobody comes into the NFL and automatically gets the respect due a "leader". It has to be earned with heart, work, and sucess.

I agree, nobody comes into the NFL and automatically gets the respect due a "leader". It has to be earned with heart, work, and sucess.

Was it Marino? Someone asked a tpo QB when he knew he was the team leader. His response was something similar to 'the other team just scored and we went down by 4. I looked up and down the sidelines and everybody was looking at me. At that instant, I knew I was the leader.'

Don't have to be leader in the huddle. Don't have to be fiery. Just get to the place the team feels you can win the game. Leadership will follow. Can Rosen get there? That is unknown and that will determine his success.

Some of his article related to keeping Rosen even if we draft Tua...in fact - especially if we do draft Tua:
"If the Dolphins drafted Tagovailoa, in all likely hood he will sit out the year to rehab his fractured hip he suffered last year. The Dolphins should keep Rosen as an insurance policy. Every year there is always a player that we don’t expect to step up, Devante Parker last year, and Rosen could be that player if the team gives him a full off season to work on his game and compete with Fitzpatrick. Head coach Brian Flores loves competition and while Fitzpatrick would go in as the starter, he would have to earn it throughout training camp and the preseason. I love Fitzpatrick, but his track record is he has one good season followed up with a down year. Plus, if Rosen improves his play, he could push Tagovailoa, when ready to play, or whoever."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom