Rosen’s Elite 11 Coach’s Opinion..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Elite 11 Coach’s Opinion.....

This is a very interesting interview on The Rich Eisen Show with Rosen’s elite 11 coach..., very enlightening I think... also happens to be a super bowl winning QB!

This sounds great and I get it! BUT, the kid also needs to learn how to say "Okay" and shut up. Not everything needs to be challenged and asked why?
Now, If he has a growth mentality then he will/should understand there has to be balance to foster team dynamics and overall success.

All great professional athletes have a healthy amount of what I call “competitive defiance”

You can’t always stick to the script of what these coaches lay out for you. That’s what I disliked about Tannehill so much. He had none of that in him. Rosen seems to have no problem challenging his coaches and I LOVE that.

I think one of the greatest traits anyone can have is humility. Yeah, you can show leadership, but the ability to sit back and realize that there are things to learn from more experienced people is important for growth. Now I don't want him to be some automaton with no creativity, but sometimes it is best to sit down and shut the **** up! I guess this is my military side coming out. :biggrin

Last edited:
All great professional athletes have a healthy amount of what I call “competitive defiance”

You can’t always stick to the script of what these coaches lay out for you. That’s what I disliked about Tannehill so much. He had none of that in him. Rosen seems to have no problem challenging his coaches and I LOVE that.

Good point... I’ve always believed a QB has to have a certain level of confidence bordering on arrogance to lead a football team....Tannehill did not have it!

This is a very interesting interview on The Rich Eisen Show with Rosen’s elite 11 coach..., very enlightening I think... also happens to be a super bowl winning QB!

Just shows how closed minded people are.

Last edited:
I think one of the greatest traits anyone can have is humility. Yeah, you can show leadership, but the ability to sit back and realize that there are things to learn from more experienced people is important for growth. Now I don't want him to be some automaton with no creativity, but sometimes it is best to sit down and shut the **** up! I guess this is my military side coming out. :biggrin

Here he is with Aaron Rodgers... I see humility here and Josh taking in the advice!

This sounds great and I get it! BUT, the kid also needs to learn how to say "Okay" and shut up. Not everything needs to be challenged and asked why?
Now, If he has a growth mentality then he will/should understand there has to be balance to foster team dynamics and overall success.

Depends on the situation. Asking why can help you understand the process better. Instead, what typically happens is others roll their eyes or say don’t worry about it because they don’t understand your learning process. There’s a reason for the question, but it’s met with a lot of sensitivity at times.

I think those who are uncomfortable with that are insecure. You can tell when someone is eager to learn or not, so it wasn’t about that. We’ve heard enough reports saying he’s a grinder.

Jim Mora of all people didn’t like him flamed him in the media. You’re damn right I’d be questioning him and his schemes. Everyone knows what it’s like to work for an incompetent boss lol. Even if he does respect his coach, I’m sure he’ll still ask questions like that because it’s a learning tool.

Depends on the situation. Asking why can help you understand the process better. Instead, what typically happens is others roll their eyes or say don’t worry about it because they don’t understand your learning process. There’s a reason for the question, but it’s met with a lot of sensitivity at times.

I think those who are uncomfortable with that are insecure. You can tell when someone is eager to learn or not, so it wasn’t about that. We’ve heard enough reports saying he’s a grinder.

Jim Mora of all people didn’t like him flamed him in the media. You’re damn right I’d be questioning him and his schemes. Everyone knows what it’s like to work for an incompetent boss lol. Even if he does respect his coach, I’m sure he’ll still ask questions like that because it’s a learning tool.
Not sure if you’ve seen this but Mora clarified his comments
"Listen, I have been very clear, very consistent and, I believe, very complimentary toward Josh Rosen. I don't think I've made a statement in the negative about him," Mora said on the network's "Up To The Minute" program. "This is a tremendous young man who is a great player. He is dedicated to the game. I've tried to be very clear about how I feel. It's interesting that a statement that one player may be a better fit for one team than another can be construed as negative."

Yes. Yes it is.

My post doesn't suggest that the kid shouldn't ask questions. My post suggests "sometimes" the best and most productive course is to be a good soldier, trust the process, and say "Okay!"

That has nothing to do with insecurity and more fundamentally has a lot to do with the process of becoming a great leader. Foundationally, understanding the importance of being a follower too.

Not everything can be taught by explaining the "Why?" Some of the best lessons are to follow this direction...that's it!

Back
Top Bottom