Rosen’s Elite 11 Coach’s Opinion..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen’s Elite 11 Coach’s Opinion.....

My post doesn't suggest that the kid shouldn't ask questions. My post suggests "sometimes" the best and most productive course is to be a good soldier, trust the process, and say "Okay!"

That has nothing to do with insecurity and more fundamentally has a lot to do with the process of becoming a great leader. Foundationally, understanding the importance of being a follower too.

Not everything can be taught by explaining the "Why?" Some of the best lessons are to follow this direction...that's it!

I don’t have a problem with my field general wanting to understand the theory of what your trying accomplish with a given play or concept!

I don’t have a problem with my field general wanting to understand the theory of what your trying accomplish with a given play or concept!

Lol, You really think these coaches don't want their QBs or any other players to understand why, how etc behind routes, concepts, plays etc? Come on!

Obviously they do! But what's being implied is that Rosen is going beyond that conventional query. He's asking the reasonable why and how and then deciding to proceed favorably or unfavorably based on "his" thoughts on the why hence the "smart than everyone else" comments.

Lol, You really think these coaches don't want their QBs or any other players to understand why, how etc behind routes, concepts, plays etc? Come on!

Obviously they do! But what's being implied is that Rosen is going beyond that conventional query. He's asking the reasonable why and how and then deciding to proceed favorably or unfavorably based on "his" thoughts on the why hence the "smart than everyone else" comments.

I think this is a false narrative based on what I’ve read... overblown exaggeration... his coaches and teammates praise him!

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I'd rather have a guy like that leading the team than someone who is happy following stupid play calling like bubble screens on 3rd down.

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I'd rather have a guy like that leading the team than someone who is happy following stupid play calling like bubble screens on 3rd down.

Exactly... I remember Bob Griese calling his own plays....the field general should have input on these matters.

He doesn't come across as wanting to know "why" because he thinks he's better, it seems like he truly wants to understand why the information is solid so he can digest it and include it with his game knowledge. If he's smart enough to fully grasp the concepts of all these potential "why" questions regarding scheme, etc, that's a good thing and it should be fed. PManning is probably most known (besides for his forehead) for studying the game more thoroughly than the other guy...nothing wrong with being that dedicated IMO.

I get both sides and like an inquisitive kid especially at QB. IMHO there is a time and place for the "why", mainly in the film room on the field he may be better just saying OK.

Back
Top Bottom