Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of…

I agree Ross needs to rebuild the team, but what do we mean by stay away? The man hires the best people he thinks will help him to win and pretty much stays out of getting to deeply involved in football operations. The perfect owner.

I actually disagree. Yes, changes are definitely needed. Yes, Gase has made mistakes. But, this isn't a playoff team based on talent either. Changes should be made, but not wholesale changes. Not yet anyway.

I'd give Gase one more year with the ultimatum that he needs to find a new defensive coordinator, someone who has experience and has been successful. Grier's track record is actually pretty good. Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Godchaux, Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Baker were all brought in during his regime.

Give Gase one more year and if he can't get it done, then it's time to go. I honestly don't understand why Grier would be on the hot seat.

Well word is he wanted a different DC but was overruled, and I agree, do we have enough information to say fire Grier?

Why would anyone want Grier to go? He drafted Minkah, Tunsil, X, Jerome Baker, Smythe, Cornell Armstrong, etc

I agree Ross needs to rebuild the team, but what do we mean by stay away? The man hires the best people he thinks will help him to win and pretty much stays out of getting to deeply involved in football operations. The perfect owner.
The perfect owner is the one who hires the right people to run the franchise and then stays out of it. Ross has never done that. Instead he hires the wrong people and takes way too long to get rid of them. Happened with Sparano/Ireland, with Philbin, and we’re back on the same track with Gase/ Tannenbaum.

Far from the perfect owner.

Last edited:
This is the offseason to tear it down and build from scratch. I don't want Gase , Grier, or Tannenbaum making future setback draft/contract decisions for the new regime. We know how it's going to end up, everybody will be gone after 2019, don't delay the inevitable.

I actually disagree. Yes, changes are definitely needed. Yes, Gase has made mistakes. But, this isn't a playoff team based on talent either. Changes should be made, but not wholesale changes. Not yet anyway.

I'd give Gase one more year with the ultimatum that he needs to find a new defensive coordinator, someone who has experience and has been successful. Grier's track record is actually pretty good. Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Godchaux, Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Baker were all brought in during his regime.

Give Gase one more year and if he can't get it done, then it's time to go. I honestly don't understand why Grier would be on the hot seat.

Playcalling, gameplan, slow starts, penatlies, misuse or lack of use of players just as big as a problem as anything and thats ALL GASE

The perfect owner is the one who hires the right people to run the franchise and then stays out of it. Ross has never done that. Instead he hires the wrong people and takes way too long to get rid of them. Happened with Sparano/Ireland, with Philbin, and we’re back on the same track with Gase/ Tannenbaum.

Far from the perfect owner.
This is an unfair statement. So unless he hires the right people he is not the perfect owner? Ridiculous! Ross doesn't go out and pull a name out of a hat when he is looking for a new HC, I would imagine he would listen to the experts before making those kinds of decisions. If you want to say his hires hasn't worked out then fine, but the notion that he hasn't hired the right person or someone you like is unjustified. The man hasn't given the Dolphins a new stadium which he paid for, isn't afraid to spend whatever it takes to help the team win and stays out of the front office instead leaving it up to the experts. Now we know no one is perfect, but the man's a great owner....we are lucky to have him.

Man, how many times do we need to see people tell us that Grier is so amazing because he drafted a couple of players that have started some games for us?
I'm not saying every pick has been bad but he's already have some pretty bad drafts. Tunsil fell on his lap. Minkah at 11 is hard to miss. The one I give him credit for is Howard but look at 2017. Harris,RM and Tank.....our top 3 picks and they all look bad so far. Using 3 picks to draft Carroo? Passing on Goedert to draft Gesicki?
Just because he drafted a couple of rotation guys doesn't mean much, if Gase is let go then they need to get rid of T-baum and Grier too or else we'll have more of the same 6-10 seasons.

What proven DC will come coach here under a lame duck HC in a prove it year?

Gase BLEW IT and didn’t get a top guy. Why? No one knows. My theory? He has a mad case of LPS and needs to be the big man.

Why would anyone want Grier to go? He drafted Minkah, Tunsil, X, Jerome Baker, Smythe, Cornell Armstrong, etc

He also drafted the first two days of the 2017 draft thus far all fail grades and gesicki in the top 50 of the 2018 draft.

Good thing he got those dts on day 3 in 2017.

So unless he hires the right people he is not the perfect owner?
Uh, yeah. I’d rather have a cheap owner who hired a brilliant general manager and coach over an extravagant owner who kept hiring incompetents and leaving them at the reins too long.

With the cheap owner who hires the right people, the team at least has a chance of going somewhere. The spendthrift owner who puts the idiots in charge is how you end up with the post-Shula/Marino/JJ Dolphins. A whole lot of boring mediocre football and a decade and a half slide into NFL irrelevance.

Are you serious?

Chris Grier has been with the Dolphins scouting department since 2000. In 2003-2007 he was the National Scout/Assistant Director of College scouting, and in 2007-2015 the Director of College Scouting. He's been our GM since 2016.

This man has had a hell of a lot more MISSES than hits in his tenure with this organization and the draft picks that he's associated with.

He needs to be flushed down the toilet, along with his hombres in Gase and Tannenbaum. I have no earthly idea why anyone would want Grier to stay onboard and pick future OL/LB's for us, let alone identifying our signal caller for the future.

This is an unfair statement. So unless he hires the right people he is not the perfect owner? Ridiculous! Ross doesn't go out and pull a name out of a hat when he is looking for a new HC, I would imagine he would listen to the experts before making those kinds of decisions. If you want to say his hires hasn't worked out then fine, but the notion that he hasn't hired the right person or someone you like is unjustified. The man hasn't given the Dolphins a new stadium which he paid for, isn't afraid to spend whatever it takes to help the team win and stays out of the front office instead leaving it up to the experts. Now we know no one is perfect, but the man's a great owner....we are lucky to have him.

I've debunked this myth so many times it's weird to see people keep saying it. Only in Dolphins land does a hapless owner of a perpetually mediocre team followed by constant embarrassment get praise for doing a terrible job.

This is the offseason to tear it down and build from scratch. I don't want Gase , Grier, or Tannenbaum making future setback draft/contract decisions for the new regime. We know how it's going to end up, everybody will be gone after 2019, don't delay the inevitable.

Much agreed.

This Cub Scout Pack needs to hit the pavement and find a different neighborhood. Tear this whole facade down, all the way to the appliances they used in the building. Long overdue.

Happy trails...

Back
Top Bottom