Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Build From Scratch, Don’t Try To Remodel A Pile Of…

Man, how many times do we need to see people tell us that Grier is so amazing because he drafted a couple of players that have started some games for us?
I'm not saying every pick has been bad but he's already have some pretty bad drafts. Tunsil fell on his lap. Minkah at 11 is hard to miss. The one I give him credit for is Howard but look at 2017. Harris,RM and Tank.....our top 3 picks and they all look bad so far. Using 3 picks to draft Carroo? Passing on Goedert to draft Gesicki?
Just because he drafted a couple of rotation guys doesn't mean much, if Gase is let go then they need to get rid of T-baum and Grier too or else we'll have more of the same 6-10 seasons.

Can't draft depth for **** either...

He also drafted the first two days of the 2017 draft thus far all fail grades and gesicki in the top 50 of the 2018 draft.

Good thing he got those dts on day 3 in 2017.
True, but every GM is going to miss. Too early to tell on Gesicki. I still have high hopes for him. Harris looks like a bust and McMillan, to me, is a backup.

That’s kind of the problem. We don’t know with absolute certainty who is in charge of what. There is no point in giving this regime another year because they have already failed. We need to draft another qb. Next year may not be great either. If we draft a qb and keep Gase, we might as well extend him. I’m not comfortable with that.
If Miami makes a move and brings in a veteran coach who has had success (Martz, Shanahan, John Harbaugh etc.), I wouldn't mind. But, I don't think we've seen the best of Gase yet. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic as a fan. Like everyone else, I've scratched my head at his playcalling sometimes, hate the poor starts, gets away from the run too early at times etc.

Yet, here the team is sitting at 5-6, winning ugly, when it feels like a 2-win team. And Gase has done that with key injuries. I know there was an article that showed other teams' injuries and that the Dolphins were kind of in the middle of the pack. It's not so much about injuries, but who is injured. The last two years, Gase has had a backup quarterback for most of the games he's coached. Unless you consider Cutler as starting material.

Anyway, I get the frustration. The losses against Cincinnati and Indianapolis should have been wins. But let's also be honest. This team has some talent, but significant holes as well.

Yet, here the team is sitting at 5-6, winning ugly, when it feels like a 2-win team. And Gase has done that with key injuries. I know there was an article that showed other teams' injuries and that the Dolphins were kind of in the middle of the pack. It's not so much about injuries, but who is injured. The last two years, Gase has had a backup quarterback for most of the games he's coached. Unless you consider Cutler as starting material.

Anyway, I get the frustration. The losses against Cincinnati and Indianapolis should have been wins. But let's also be honest. This team has some talent, but significant holes as well.
We are winning ugly because we beat teams that can't even win ugly. Sure there's been injuries to key players but to give Gase a pass because of them seems unjust because we really haven't done much since the injuries started piling up, outside the Bears game. 5-6 feels about right.

We are winning ugly because we beat teams that can't even win ugly. Sure there's been injuries to key players but to give Gase a pass because of them seems unjust because we really haven't done much since the injuries started piling up, outside the Bears game. 5-6 feels about right.
Yeah, I see your point. Let's see what the remainder of the season offers. Also, I think it depends on who is available.

Yeah, I see your point. Let's see what the remainder of the season offers. Also, I think it depends on who is available.
Yeah i'm still watching the rest of season. It's up to the coaches to make the best of what they got and win games like the Colts did last week. They had more players on IR than us (14 to 10), granted I don't know how many "key" players are on there. I did hear the announcers talk about losses on their OL and they're still playing well. This time of year the rosters in the league get thinner and thinner but it's not like we are trotting out the '76 Bucs roster. Still enough meat left to win more games than they lose from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom