Ross: Interview with Andy Kent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross: Interview with Andy Kent

mnphinfan

Lifelong Fin Fan
Club Member
Reaction score
I recently read an interview and Stephen Ross from an article Andy Kent wrote. It's a pretty good piece from a human interest story on why Ross is a Dolphins fan and how he grew his business.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/stephen-ross-passion-building

However, there are two statements in the article that really got my attention.

The first reads:

The goal is really simple: create a football experience unlike any other in the NFL. A consistent winner on the field, a trend-setter off the field. Ross is leaving the first part to his football people. "The best thing I can do there is stay out of the way and not micromanage," he says.

I really like the fact that Ross states he leaves the football aspect of the Fins up to his front office and coaches. He is smart enough to know that he needs help in that department and leaves it to the people who know it best.

The second reads:

"My legacy? asks Ross. "Super Bowls. I want this football team to be the best and I'll do everything I can to help them get there."

Reading this I am basically hoping and praying that is portrays to spending money. After all if he isn't going to be evaluating players what more can he do than open his checkbook. He has already proven that he will with the guaranteed money in the contracts for Grove, Carey, Wilson, Bell and Crowder. So here's to hoping that it will continue for players such as Dansby and Bryant or any other FA this team is hoping to sign.

people are pretty split on Ross as an owner, but I can honestly say I like the guy. He's doing different things to help get a buzz going.

As for us spending money. I doubt Ross will be a penny pincher, the question is whether or not Parcells/Ireland/Sparano want to spend that much money.

I think he is a GREAT owner...Since taking over I cannot think of one thing he did that I didn't like. He is willing to let Parcells do what is necessary and stays out of the way. TWO THUMBS UP to MR. Ross!!!

Back
Top Bottom