Ross is the problem | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross is the problem

Year after year of this ****… we need a new owner
Does Ross Spend Money? If answer is Yes Not the issue
Does Ross Meddle? If the answer is No not the issue
I guess you could blame him for the Coaching Hires, but hey bad hires happen all the time, look Pegulas Hired Rex.

Only time I revert to blaming the owners are 1. Do they Meddle? and Do they spend Money? Those are really the only things I attribute to ownership.

Hiring not a problem in my opinion all Leaders make wrong hires all the time, the issue is if they cannot see the hire isnt working out and hold on too long, OR they pull the cord two easy. (same can be said about HC and their hires actually).

His one job is to finance people. Those people hire people. I understand most people dont get this but this Dolphins business arm isnt detrmined by Ross' day to day decisions. There are about 5-10 people that influence decisions between him and what you see. Grier is one of those people.
He hired Grier, Grier hired Flores, Flores hired all the coaches and between Grier, Flores and the personnel staff that Grier hired, they all have input into the players selected in the draft and signed in free agency.

So the buck stops with Ross. Since he decides who to hire at the top which impacts everything else that happens in the organization. If he makes a mistake in hiring the GM, that negatively affects the entire structure of the team.

I guess you could blame him for the Coaching Hires, but hey bad hires happen all the time, look Pegulas Hired Rex.

Only time I revert to blaming the owners are 1. Do they Meddle? and Do they spend Money? Those are really the only things I attribute to ownership.

Hiring not a problem in my opinion all Leaders make wrong hires all the time, the issue is if they cannot see the hire isnt working out and hold on too long, OR they pull the cord two easy. (same can be said about HC and their hires actually).

From an ownership standpoint Ross has gone above and beyond to put the team in a position to succeed.

The problem is he keeps making the same mistakes with the football operations side by splicing regimes together. There's a causal chain from when he was originally hired until now with the front office and coaching staffs.

He's probably going to do it again with Flores and a new gm.

I never get this kinda argument. So for franchises that are winning the reason why is because they know what they’re doing and hired the right guys?

Not because they got lucky see R.Kraft?

Also along this line of thinking every team that doesn’t make the playoffs or a SB appearance also has a bad owner that’s the “problem?”
This isn’t about not making the POs in one yr. it’s been 15 years with Ross here and he’s gone through like 5 different regimes and all he has to show is 2 PO appearances and a fat 0 PO wins. He has failed the fans

When will the "Ross is the problem" posts end? I hoped back in 2011 or 12, or 17...?
We are Dolphins fans, he owns our freaking Fandom. He doesn't really care, about a few people's perspective, about him being the problem. He literally can do what the eff he chooses, and were effed cheering or whining about his hobby he owns.

Stephen Ross is no C Montgomery Burns

He makes millions off of this team. NFL teams are one of the best investments in the world.

It's not as if he 'gives millions of his own dollars.' We pay millions of OUR dollars to the NFL, or have to put up with advertising, and then he takes that money and puts some of it into the team.

Agree. The simple solution (for us the fans) is to vote w/ our wallets.

Don't buy any merchandise unless you are satisfied w/ the product.

This isn’t about not making the POs in one yr. it’s been 15 years with Ross here and he’s gone through like 5 different regimes and all he has to show is 2 PO appearances and a fat 0 PO wins. He has failed the fans
He’s actually been the majority owner since 2009, which makes it 12 years. Yet he has been the owner long enough to have gotten it right by now.
It took Joe Robbie 5 years with a brand new expansion team to put in place a GM and HC who took the Dolphins to their first playoff apprentice. In year 6, the Dolphins went to their first SB and in year 7, they won their first SB.

He hired Grier, Grier hired Flores, Flores hired all the coaches and between Grier, Flores and the personnel staff that Grier hired, they all have input into the players selected in the draft and signed in free agency.

So the buck stops with Ross. Since he decides who to hire at the top which impacts everything else that happens in the organization. If he makes a mistake in hiring the GM, that negatively affects the entire structure of the team.
Some ppl don’t have the brain capacity to realize that

He’s actually been the majority owner since 2009, which makes it 12 years. Yet he has been the owner long enough to have gotten it right by now.
It took Joe Robbie 5 years with a brand new expansion team to put in place a GM and HC who took the Dolphins to their first playoff apprentice. In year 6, the Dolphins went to their first SB and in year 7, they won their first SB.
So who hired sperano? Just curious

Thats called scapegoating. I guess anything and everything that is wrong with the team by definition is Ross' fault, if you want to use that mentality. It's not wrong per sae, but it is a scapegoat.

Money certainly isn’t the issue- Ross has wasted 100’s of millions on mediocre coaches and players- I hope he’s not meddling, but he had quite the hard on for Tua reportedly- and I think he pressured coaching to put him in early last year- i think Flo would’ve rode Fitz to a playoff birth…

problem is Ross hasn’t done anything right- he has hired people that have got things so wrong, and in 12 years we continue to be mediocre…. Look at Tannehill- what a waste of time- in 7 years we could not give him a decent Oline and running game… now he’s in Tennessee with those things and he is a Pro Bow QB and took the titans to the AFC championship game his first year with them I believe… I think the same thing will likely happen to Tua- he’ll go elsewhere and succeed with people that can build the right system around him… likewise some players and coaches do not seem to want to come here during Ross’ tenure… and he is tone deaf as hell- Tebow day, , etc… he has run this organization into the ground

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom