Ross is the problem | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross is the problem

All I stated was we need a new owner… I’m aware that he ain’t going anywhere- my point was he is the consistent issue with this team… it’s ****ing depressing
I have said over and over again going back years, we aren't winning any Superbowl as long as Ross is the owner. Hell we can't even make the playoffs!!

Ross not bad owner. the people running organization is terrible.
Ross hired all those terrible people running the organization. If you own a business and you hire people who are bad at their jobs and your business fails, who do you think is too blame?

Along with providing the money to finance the football team. The primary responsibility of every team owner is to hire the best people to ensure that the franchise is successful on the field. If as you state, Ross has terrible people running the organization, that’s completely on him. Because he has failed to hire the right people to bring a winning team to Miami.

In regards to his ability to put a consistent winner on the field, he has failed during his 12 years as majority owner of the Dolphins. So if you are judging Ross merely on the success of the Dolphins on the playing field, he has been a bad owner.

So how is Ross a great owner or even good with the way the team has performed under his ownership. What grade would you give him if you think he's not bad?
5 u got compare him with 32 other owner as well.

5 u got compare him with 32 other owner as well.
There are a lot of bad owners in the NFL. Yet based on the teams record over the 12 years he has owned the team. He obviously has to be rated as one of the worst owners in regards to putting a winning product on the field. All the rest of what he has done is irrelevant because fans of the Dolphins only care about wins and losses.

He hired Grier, Grier hired Flores, Flores hired all the coaches and between Grier, Flores and the personnel staff that Grier hired, they all have input into the players selected in the draft and signed in free agency.

So the buck stops with Ross. Since he decides who to hire at the top which impacts everything else that happens in the organization. If he makes a mistake in hiring the GM, that negatively af⅚fects the entire structure of the team.

Its really hard to not only find one of the 32 people best qualified to be general manager but also find someone who is in the upper echelon of those GMs.

Its quite possible that any given time there is noone to hire actually better than the 32 currently employed and even if someone better is lurking its not like its always obvious who that is.

Year after year of this ****… we need a new owner
Yeah. That whole support his team and don't make kneejerk decisions thing. it's so overrated. We need a pedantic cuckoo owner like an Al Davis that just makes moves for the sake of making moves.

Mentally yes… every fu&king morning…. Try not to go verbal tho, don’t want the family thinking I am anymore crazy than I already am…
He's the owner and he's spent a literal butt ton of money upgrading every facet of his team. He will gauge Grier by his merit after the season gets finished. He didn't make the kind of money he made by tinkering just to tinker.

Yeah. That whole support his team and don't make kneejerk decisions thing. it's so overrated. We need a pedantic cuckoo owner like an Al Davis that just makes moves for the sake of making moves.
Not sure how anyone can support Ross after the last 12 years… no progress… none, and when it looks like we may be on the right path we always regress… his support, $$, etc are great- but there is a culture issue and it starts with Ross- look at his track record- publicly flirting with Harbaugh while Sparano was under contract, Tim Tebow day at Fins stadium when playing his team??, public and now flirting with DW trade which I think no doubt has had a negative affect on some players and maybe the team… all this, never mind his hiring of mediocre talent in the front office and that trickle down effect on player development, coaching etc… defend Ross all you want, but he is the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how anyone can support Ross after the last 12 years… no progress… none, and when it looks like we may be on the right path we always regress… his support, $$, etc are great- but there is a culture issue and it starts with Ross- look at his track record- publicly flirting with Harbaugh while Sparano was under contract, Tim Tebow day at Fins stadium when playing his team??, and now flirting with DW trade which I think no doubt has had a negative affect on some players and maybe the team… all this, never mind his hiring of mediocre talent in the front office and that trickle down effect on player development, coaching etc… defend Ross all you want, but he is the problem
What difference does supporting him mean? He's the owner. He owns it like I own this keyboard I'm responding with.

He's the owner and he's spent a literal butt ton of money upgrading every facet of his team. He will gauge Grier by his merit after the season gets finished. He didn't make the kind of money he made by tinkering just to tinker.
And what’s the result bro? I don’t care how much he spends- he needs to spend wisely- he has upgraded the team in many ways, but it hasn’t paid any dividends on the field, where it is most important… 12 years and no progress- buck stops with him. He has driven a proud franchise into the ground

And what’s the result bro? I don’t care how much he spends- he needs to spend wisely- he has upgraded the team in many ways, but it hasn’t paid any dividends on the field, where it is most important… 12 years and no progress- buck stops with him. He has driven a proud franchise into the ground
And? He's the owner. If you don't like him as the owner there are 31 other teams out there. It doesn't matter if you like it or not. He is the owner. Our thoughts are irrelevant.

what GIF

What difference does supporting him mean? He's the owner. He owns it like I own this keyboard I'm responding with.
If your cool with the product he has put on the field, then you be you…. I’m just pinpointing where the issue lies… there are significant issues with how he has run this organization… I’m not gonna sit here and say, we’ll we got an owner that spends $$ etc, so he’s good, I’ll support his decisions - he’s not good, he’s not even mediocre - he’s incompetent when it comes to running a pro football team

Back
Top Bottom