Ross's Bad Buisiness Practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross's Bad Buisiness Practice

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Looks like Ross does the same **** in his other business ventures as he does with this team. An article from the Wall Street Journal called "Fund Goes Down Blind Alley" talks about how Ross had to give investers back 1 billion dollars because he and his buisiness partners could not find any failing banks to invest in. Ross, the CEO of a business in New York called Related Co. gave back money to 150 different investors because very bank they went after they were OUTBID by another investor or investors. Sound familiar? Since then Ross and his buddies formed a fund called SJB Ecscow Corp. These dudes still want to invest in the banking industry. So just like his staff who continuously keep going after washed up players and has beens, Ross goes after washed up banks and bad investments. He wants to go after failing banks in hopes an economic recovery. The thing is, unless policies change in the administration, nothing is going to change. Same thing with the team, unless things change in our teams administration, we will see no changes either. Im sure things will change after this year but as of now not changing things will continue with more losses and bad investments (bringing washed up players in).

My frustration with Ross and the way he does business is at an all time high. I have loved this team since I have been 5 years old. I am 29 now and for the past umpteen years I have been let down. It used to effect my sundays and even part of the week. But now it doesnt even bother me anymore im so used to losing. It's like any other failing business, it must change from the top down. Just an FYI on our retard of an owner...

so rick perry is going to save the USA?

I dont think any administration can clean up this mess
The fate of america is sealed behind 8 trillion yen..

Ross might be the 1st owner to move the team to china

lol, I know right. I wouldnt be surprised if the team went to china! For real though would you invest in banks right now??? I know I wouldnt. and by the way im not trying to get political but Rick Perry is a dueche bag. Herman Cain baby!!!

Bank are in **** you mode right now
no more free checking
Bank of america charging 5 dollars transaction fee next year
If you still have a mortgage
by law you have to buy home insurance
Since rick scott came into power
the rates were allowed to raise as much as the insurance companies want
it was capped at 30% per year
now rates have trippled in one year alone for some hurricane that happened in new york..
Who going to buy houses here when you have to pay extra 3 thousand per year?
Only the rich who wont have a mortgage pretty vicious cycle if you ask me..

for sure. and who wants to buy tickets to a losing *** team. watch him try and raise ticket prices to try and make up for the losses of less season ticket holders and a loss of income because our team and pull of a W

Again, there is a political forum here. Personally, I don't care what Ross and his buddies do on Wall Street so long as it's a)legal and b)doesn't hurt our team. Ross has made some questiontable moves tho. Trying to model the Phins after the Lakers by bringing in B-list celebs was a bad idea(hint: LA fans don't go to Laker games for the celebs). Chasing the flavor of the month halfway across the country last January while you still have a coach was a bad idea. His initial intuition was correct--Sparano is/was a bum and had to go(all but the homers saw this). Bringing back a lame duck head coach for a full season is at least part of the reason of why we're 0-4. The jury on Ross is still out. I have hope though, since nothing he's done so far makes me worry that he isn't willing to spend top dollar to make this team a winner. Bringing back that backstabbing "safe-pick" drooling mongoloid of a GM in Ireland next year would make me question him tho.

Bringing back that backstabbing "safe-pick" drooling mongoloid of a GM in Ireland next year would make me question him tho.

Well, the way rumors are going now it looks like Ireland might be safe. Hopefully not. And its not about what he does on wall street its about his business decisions and how he runs things. You should care how his overall decision are made bcause the dolphins are purely an investment for him and so far he has made some poor decisions for us

Ross is a dope. Not only that, but he's not been a successful owner so far. This team was bad before him and he's done essentially nothing to make the team any better. We're on our way to another 1-15 season and you have people on here defending Ross, claiming he has nothing to do with it :rolleyes2:. Maybe one day we will have another owner who actually cares about winning football games first.

Bank are in **** you mode right now
no more free checking
Bank of america charging 5 dollars transaction fee next year
If you still have a mortgage
by law you have to buy home insurance
Since rick scott came into power
the rates were allowed to raise as much as the insurance companies want
it was capped at 30% per year
now rates have trippled in one year alone for some hurricane that happened in new york..
Who going to buy houses here when you have to pay extra 3 thousand per year?
Only the rich who wont have a mortgage pretty vicious cycle if you ask me..

Property grab by the very people who caused the economic downturn, baby. Exactly like the Great Depression.

I've always thought that Ross is too scared to open up his wallet and spend some real money to invest in this team. With Wayne H., I never felt that way. When he was the owner, I always felt he had the best interest of the team in mind and always wanted to win - for him, money didn't matter. With Ross, that feeling is gone, and it seems like he's just along on the ride.

Maybe if Ross makes some actual moves this offseason I will feel differently, but I just get this cheap vibe from him.

I've always thought that Ross is too scared to open up his wallet and spend some real money to invest in this team. With Wayne H., I never felt that way. When he was the owner, I always felt he had the best interest of the team in mind and always wanted to win - for him, money didn't matter. With Ross, that feeling is gone, and it seems like he's just along on the ride.

Maybe if Ross makes some actual moves this offseason I will feel differently, but I just get this cheap vibe from him.
I love how people call Ross dumb and cheap, yet he hasn't made one football decision yet. Everything going on right now is what he inherited. How about we let him make a football decision before criticising him. Basing your opinion on him based on the Harbaugh situation, or the Orange carpet, celebrities is ridiculous.

Could be worse, like in Jax where the owner (Weaver) told the head coach (Del Rio, who's JOB is on the line this year) to dump the starting QB's salary the week before the season began. Now there is a meddling owner.

The owner of the Saints was the most hated owner locally by his fans for quite some time, he won a Super Bowl and things changed pretty quick.

Remember, Ross isnt making the decisions on players... Ireland and company are. Ross is a pretty brilliant guy. He deals with many business deals....some work, some dont. He will have a plan for this team. You dont buy a business without a business plan. People need to get off Ross' back right now and give him time to initiate his protocol. He has all of Huizenga's trash right now.

Remember, Ross isnt making the decisions on players... Ireland and company are. Ross is a pretty brilliant guy. He deals with many business deals....some work, some dont. He will have a plan for this team. You dont buy a business without a business plan. People need to get off Ross' back right now and give him time to initiate his protocol. He has all of Huizenga's trash right now.

yeah but if you are an owner of anything you hire people to carry out your wishes or people that have the same or simular vision to acheive your goals. Any business guru would tell you that. your not going to hire people to make apples when you want oranges. on the other hand Ross has made some moves trying to bring attention to this team but they havent been the right moves, which makes me question decision making abilities. He's also made some stupid moves like going after a new coach while retaining sparano. like sparano or not that send a big f you msg and shows great imcompetance in his leadership abilities. theres no cohesion in this mangement if you ask me. who would mant to work with this kind of management? i know i wouldnt. like i said before it starts at the top. i hope im wrong but if Ross keeps running things the way he does im not so sure we will see any drarastic improvements in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom