Roster cuts begin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roster cuts begin

Yeah, all things considered probably not even worth the trouble if you're not that good.

Especially when you play in a position group that has brought in so much proven NFL talent and a bunch of young guys who probably have more invested than you do that’s a long uphill battle and since rosters are not as big; it’s not like he knew he was going to float around in and up on another practice squad so good luck to him.

Sounds like a fine young man. Here are some cut and pastes.

"Who he is, what he is, what he stands for, you won't know because you can interview him and he won't tell you. But I can tell you this: He's the reason this football program and the culture of this program has turned. "He's a guy that I think has made me a better person, has taught me the right way to lead." "Humility is the first word that comes to the table," Campbell said. "You'll go interview Ray and Ray won't tell you anything. I know Ray and you know Ray and that's how it's going to be. "His humility, his character, his ability to serve others is really powerful and I think that's hard to find in our society today and I think Ray is defining of that ."

Lima is the epitome of the student-athlete, excelling on the field, in the classroom, and making a difference in the community. Lima has served over 80 hours of community service in his two years as a Cyclone, the highest total of any member of the football team. The child of a pastor in Los Angeles has always been eager to lend a helping hand and he understands the impact he has on others. Some of Lima's volunteer activities include: school read-a-thons, visits to the hospital, Wounded Warrior Project, Special Olympics, nursing home visits, Boys and Girls Club, Dance Marathon, Soles4Souls Shoe Drive and Stay-a-Breast Fundraiser.

I'm guessing you are going to see a number of players thinking is it worth it to be in a state with a high number of virus cases, in a crowded work situation where social distancing is impossible and during a training camp where the odds are nearly impossible for an udfa to catch the eye of coaches with limited practices and no preseason games. Some of these guys are just being brought in to be live blocking and tackling dummies.

I'm guessing you are going to see a number of players thinking is it worth it to be in a state with a high number of virus cases, in a crowded work situation where social distancing is impossible and during a training camp where the odds are nearly impossible for an udfa to catch the eye of coaches with limited practices and no preseason games. Some of these guys are just being brought in to be live blocking and tackling dummies.

Yep, it's the truth. But, if they are serious, and they believe in themselves, there may actually end up being surprising opportunities as well, as there's a lot of established NFL players not very happy with the lack of preparation from the league, and some of these guys may opt out this year, meaning more roster spots open. So less opportunity to prove you're worthy of an open spot but possibly more open spots.

Yep, it's the truth. But, if they are serious, and they believe in themselves, there may actually end up being surprising opportunities as well, as there's a lot of established NFL players not very happy with the lack of preparation from the league, and some of these guys may opt out this year, meaning more roster spots open. So less opportunity to prove you're worthy of an open spot but possibly more open spots.

Also more practice squad jobs this year open.

Sounds like a fine young man. Here are some cut and pastes.

"Who he is, what he is, what he stands for, you won't know because you can interview him and he won't tell you. But I can tell you this: He's the reason this football program and the culture of this program has turned. "He's a guy that I think has made me a better person, has taught me the right way to lead." "Humility is the first word that comes to the table," Campbell said. "You'll go interview Ray and Ray won't tell you anything. I know Ray and you know Ray and that's how it's going to be. "His humility, his character, his ability to serve others is really powerful and I think that's hard to find in our society today and I think Ray is defining of that ."

Lima is the epitome of the student-athlete, excelling on the field, in the classroom, and making a difference in the community. Lima has served over 80 hours of community service in his two years as a Cyclone, the highest total of any member of the football team. The child of a pastor in Los Angeles has always been eager to lend a helping hand and he understands the impact he has on others. Some of Lima's volunteer activities include: school read-a-thons, visits to the hospital, Wounded Warrior Project, Special Olympics, nursing home visits, Boys and Girls Club, Dance Marathon, Soles4Souls Shoe Drive and Stay-a-Breast Fundraiser.
Sounds like a good young man. While playing football is obviously not what he wants to do anymore, It appears he still has a bright future ahead of him in whatever career he decides to pursue.

So three qbs left in camp, must mean they feel Tua is far enough along that they won't need a 4th arm. I wonder if Perry's arm is good enough that he could at least be a scout team qb from time to time.

So three qbs left in camp, must mean they feel Tua is far enough along that they won't need a 4th arm. I wonder if Perry's arm is good enough that he could at least be a scout team qb from time to time.
I don't think Tua's status is the driving factor here. He has been throwing for months, and all reports are he's good to go, at least for non contact, which is weeks away.

Also the fact that practices will be "split", with two groups coming in at seperate times, three arms should suffice. Not sure if Ruddock has PS eligibility left, but I expect one QB to be on that.

Yes wondered that point on another thread if Perry could be our 3rd QB if he can find a roster spot.

Back
Top Bottom