Roster cuts begin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roster cuts begin

Yes wondered that point on another thread if Perry could be our 3rd QB if he can find a roster spot.

I don't think Perry has the size or skills to be a threat for the 3rd qb slot. Idoubt he could make a division II roster as a passing qb. I was just wondering if he's able to maybe be a scout team qb. As it stands Fitzpatrick iis too old for that job and doubt you would risk Tua in that role. That leaves Rosen by himself I guess. I know nowdays defenses are told to keep their hands off the scout team qb, but even in that case you would risk Tua or Fitz to run offenses to give the defense different looks..

I don't think Perry has the size or skills to be a threat for the 3rd qb slot. Idoubt he could make a division II roster as a passing qb. I was just wondering if he's able to maybe be a scout team qb. As it stands Fitzpatrick iis too old for that job and doubt you would risk Tua in that role. That leaves Rosen by himself I guess. I know nowdays defenses are told to keep their hands off the scout team qb, but even in that case you would risk Tua or Fitz to run offenses to give the defense different looks..

Get where you are coming from. I should of been a bit more clearer in that I mean't on game day roster as a 3rd if necessary so long as he could fill another role ie WR 5/6th or RB 3/4th, while still keeping Tua, Fitz and Rosen on the squad.

Cutting a decent de... wow, stable must be full. That's a surprise unless I'm missing something

I thought Avery Moss had some bright spots, but with 10 less TC spots you have to make moves

So three qbs left in camp, must mean they feel Tua is far enough along that they won't need a 4th arm. I wonder if Perry's arm is good enough that he could at least be a scout team qb from time to time.
Wouldn’t be a bad idea for some throwing experience in case he’s ever needed as an emergency qb. Also trick plays

Considering there were no OTA's to see what Miami has in their rookie defensive linemen. It's odd they'd cut or release 2 players with experience at this time. It could suggest Miami is going go with a whole lot of youngsters, in hopes of developing them, they way they developed most of the younger players in 2019. I'd think Davis, Strowbridge and some of the UDFA DL are going to get extensive playing time.

Cutting a decent de... wow, stable must be full. That's a surprise unless I'm missing something
I haven't seen a final projection include Harris. Not really surprised.
I'm waiting for the Davenport and Calhoun thanks but no thanks, don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom