Roth scares me a little | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roth scares me a little

flip

Starter
Reaction score
As in i think one of our star's that we picked up in the offseason will be getting thier walking papers at the end of training camp, i just kinda think this Roth guy is gonna be to much of an animal for some of D to keep up with.

flip said:
As in i think one of our star's that we picked up in the offseason will be getting thier walking papers at the end of training camp, i just kinda think this Roth guy is gonna be to much of an animal for some of D to keep up with.

Ummmmmmmm...Ok. :shakeno:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Roth scares alot of football players too but thats what I like about him, we need a relentless player with a killer instinct

What are you saying? Let's get more guys that are more easy going on defense, this Roth guy scares me.LOL

If someone can't keep up, then yes he will probably be cut. Is that a bad thing?

flip said:

As long as his aggression stays on the field and is directed towards opposing teams, he'll be fine. I also think that Zach, Jason and Jr will have a positive influence on the young man and teach him how to channel his aggression.

If Zach, Jason and Jr are not able to, I believe that Saban is more than capable to keeping Roth in line.

NYinBostonFin said:
What are you saying? Let's get more guys that are more easy going on defense, this Roth guy scares me.LOL

If someone can't keep up, then yes he will probably be cut. Is that a bad thing?
Exactly. we need more guys who are just flat out intense and mean on the field. I like D players who will knock the snot out of the opposition! :cooldude:

I'm going to throw out a name for a 2006 draft prospect who is another absolute animal on the field.

Tennessee DT Jesse Mahelona, 6'2", 300 lbs

Mean isn't the word to describe this guy. Think about it. He's an SEC guy that Nick is familiar with, and he'd be a terrific 1 technique tackle in the Booger McFarland mold.

amahelona_1399-1.jpg

flip said:

Yup. The DL is crowded and it will breed heavy competition. My college coach told me, to "compete" doesn't mean to go up against. It really means to thrive with. I'm hoping that philosophy holds true for our defensive line and offensive line. It should bring out the best in all of them and hopefully leave Saban with some tough decisions to make. If Roth pushes one of off-season acquistions out the door, than it's for the best becasue Roth is part of the future for our defense. ;)

If Roth brings in just half of the attitude that Ray Luise has on the Ravens team that would be awesome. Can you all imagine Roth coming out of the Dolphin tunnel and make’s a dance like Ray. :eek:

flip said:

I would like to see roth pull a turkey jones on tom brady. (bradshaw coming down on his head and then lights out) awesome. This is football not figure skating. :tongue:

I hope Roth is a beast too. But I think we are getting a little carried away. I doubt very seriously he is going to put fear in the hearts of any professional o-lineman. I am sure he is intense but so was Grey Ruegamer. If he can get 9-10 sacks this year I will be super estatic.

KB21 said:
I'm going to throw out a name for a 2006 draft prospect who is another absolute animal on the field.

Tennessee DT Jesse Mahelona, 6'2", 300 lbs

Mean isn't the word to describe this guy. Think about it. He's an SEC guy that Nick is familiar with, and he'd be a terrific 1 technique tackle in the Booger McFarland mold.

amahelona_1399-1.jpg
true story. i coulda sworn I saw him kick David Greene during the Georgia game last year. I was :lol: @ that. I loved it.

Im sure Roth wont be as dominating in the pros as he was in college. Still, when the offensive players on Roth's own team had to be protected from him for fear of injury during practice, you absolutely have to love the guy.

Back
Top Bottom