Roth - Will He Start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roth - Will He Start?

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
812
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
England
Hey guys, real excited when we drafted Roth but just wanna know if you feel he could start.

Im getting real excited about him a Taylor lining up together in the ends postion and the word "sacks" keeps comig to mind when i picture it.

Could we expect him to start? Also how good is he at just holding the line and stoping the run? ive only seen video highlights of him going straight after the QB and altough that looks impressive i have to ask what he is like at stoping the run?
 

fish fan 4 life

Pro Bowler
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2
Not this year until maybe late in the year.Next year i see him starting.
 

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
812
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
England
Shame, i wanna see this guy play. So can i expect him to just play special teams then?
 

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
5,754
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Location
Orlando,FL
Jason Taylor 99 said:
Shame, i wanna see this guy play. So can i expect him to just play special teams then?

You'll see him play. Don't forget, just because someone is listed as the starter, it doesn't mean they'll play the whole game. You'll be seeing A LOT of rotation...so expect to see Roth play a bit this year, especially on passing downs.
 

fish fan 4 life

Pro Bowler
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
2,095
Reaction score
2
Jason Taylor 99 said:
Shame, i wanna see this guy play. So can i expect him to just play special teams then?
He will play for sure this year.I just dont think he will start.He is going to be one hell of a player in the future.:rawk:
 

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Narnia
Jason Taylor 99 said:
Shame, i wanna see this guy play. So can i expect him to just play special teams then?
im hoping he'll get thrown in the mix. I for one wanna see what he can do. the hype is there, can he back it up?
 

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Miami
I do wonder, if he beats out Carter and Holliday will the staff give him the spot?

I mean, sure, we brought them here, gave them money, and probably promised them some solid playing time.

But if Roth is punking people out there, maybe he should start.
 

FanMarino

HOF Pass Master
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
6,449
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Narnia
South Florida said:
I do wonder, if he beats out Carter and Holliday will the staff give him the spot?

I mean, sure, we brought them here, gave them money, and probably promised them some solid playing time.

But if Roth is punking people out there, maybe he should start.
not sure about this season but cud be a cert there after. Lets hope he can do what he did at college level.
 

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2
Location
NC
Jason Taylor 99 said:
Hey guys, real excited when we drafted Roth but just wanna know if you feel he could start.

Im getting real excited about him a Taylor lining up together in the ends postion and the word "sacks" keeps comig to mind when i picture it.

Could we expect him to start? Also how good is he at just holding the line and stoping the run? ive only seen video highlights of him going straight after the QB and altough that looks impressive i have to ask what he is like at stoping the run?

I doubt he'll start with Holliday there, but he could see a lot of playing time as Saban will like to rotate in and change to different fronts often. I'd love to see him starting. If David Bowens is cut though, he may see even more PT than we expect right now.
 

Phineas64

Fins Rock!!
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
455
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Kendall
No immediately

He probably won't start right away, but has a good shot at it by the end od the year. In any case, you'll see a lot of him unless he gets hurt. With that much ability and attitude, it will be hard to keep him off the field.
 

gator_sensation

Pro Bowler
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
University of Florida
Noodle Arm said:
You'll see him play. Don't forget, just because someone is listed as the starter, it doesn't mean they'll play the whole game. You'll be seeing A LOT of rotation...so expect to see Roth play a bit this year, especially on passing downs.

:yeahthat:
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
I honestly don't think that Matt Roth will start for us right away. I expect him to definitely be starting opposite to JT next year if all goes to plan. At the earliest I think we'll probably be seeing him a few games into the season getting more and more reps and possibly take over the starting joby by midseason. Our starting Defensive Lineup is going to be one of the following scenarios in my opinion:

Scenario 1

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Larry Chester
LE- Kevin Carter

Scenario 2

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Kevin Carter
LE- Vonnie Holliday

Scenario 3

RE- Jason Taylor
DT- Keith Traylor
DT- Kevin Carter
RE- Matt Roth

I would like to see Scenario 2 happen, but Scenario 1 might be the most likely as of now. Matt Roth starting is a bit of a long shot, but if our coaches feel he's ready... I would be THRILLED to see him starting opposite of JT. :cooldude:
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
I dont think he will start this year because JT and Carter will start at DE. I do see Roth having a big role in the 3-4 scheme.
 

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,223
Reaction score
200
Location
Somerset, England
I think he will start off as a third down pass rush specialist, but could become a starter by the end of the season--Didn't I also see somewhere that he may be used as a LB in a 3-4 system of saban ;)
 

Ruderic

Fantasy Football Guru
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
659
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Miami
I think he will get alot of playing time. He has a good chance of playing end on plays when Carter plays tackle.
 
Top Bottom