Rotoworld.com reports that if Pennington does not recover he could be released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld.com reports that if Pennington does not recover he could be released

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Pennington does not recover from shoulder injury he could be released

Chad Pennington (shoulder) has played the role of spectator and mentor for the majority of offseason practices.

Coach Tony Sparano is limiting Pennington to 40-55 throws in practices, which amounts to a light load, as he's eased back in. Pennington concedes that his role won't be solidified until late in training camp. There's still a chance he could be released if his shoulder doesn't bounce all the way back.

www.rotoworld.com

At Dolphins minicamp on Saturday, Chad Pennington couldn't stifle a big yawn while watching the action. He doesn't have a lot to do.

Chad Henne needs to get starting quarterback-caliber snaps at practice. Dolphins coach Tony Sparano wants to evaluate Tyler Thigpen and Pat White.

That doesn't leave a lot of throws for Pennington, who finds himself watching most of minicamp from the sideline.

"I'm actually really OK with that," Pennington said. "I appreciate that perspective to where I don't have to throw myself in the fire in May. Things really get heated up in August and that's when I want to be at my best."

Pennington is recovering from his third shoulder surgery and is limited in how many throws he can make per day. He seems to know that anything is possible this year. He could wind up starting again if Henne struggles during the year. Or he could cut in training camp if his shoulder doesn't respond.

www.profootballtalk.com

I say he starts the season on PUP and if not will be made a coach. Sucks to read this, especially with the respect I have for Penny

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not just going to release Pennington. Trade? Maybe, but they would probably stash him on PUP or IR before ever just flat our releasing him.

I just don't see it happening. Unless Penny's shoulder is really really bad in 2 months then yeah he can't play for anybody. But if he can play I don't think there's a better #2 in the league. **** when healthy I still say he's top ten (he was top 5 in 2008)

Sounds like just a stupid thoughtless remark. Nobody's perfect. I appreciate rotoworlds timely reporting.

They are not just going to release Pennington. Trade? Maybe, but they would probably stash him on PUP or IR before ever just flat our releasing him.
I agree i just can't see them straight up releasing him. Even if they put him on the PUP list or the IR he will stay play a big role with another year mentoring Henne.

I have a better idea: Release Pat White.

I don't see them droppin penny. I hurd somewhere that he is called coach by the players around the team. If his shoulder can't recover he will make one hell of a good coach. In my eyes releasing or tradeing penny would be a big mistake.

that would be so stupid.

he would be on PUP list or IR ..... remember when he was on IR last year and how he helped henne? yeah he would do the same.

I say PUP him. That way if (God forbid) we have a QB injury before game 10 (?) you can bring him in. Maybe he is coming along okay and the coaches are just giving him space to heal. Penny doesn't need reps, but the FO has a hard choice with Thigpen and White.

That sounds like something those fools say on Bleacher Report.

rotoworld and everyone else is just jealous that three years ago we could not even sniff one good qb now we have two. I would hate to see Penny go because the more Henne gets to talk to him the better he will be. We know Henne has the arm and can make all the passes now if can be as accurate it is not wrong to say Henne will be one of the top 5 qb's in league some day. I say him being release or cut is very unlikely, now what he will do after this year is not yet known, but he most likely will find another team, but i am praying he stays a dolphin and retires one.

Did anyone really think he was going to see a lot of action in May ? His recuperation is where it should be

Back
Top Bottom