Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Alex Smith - QB - 49ers

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Matt Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost like the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback.

lmao, we offer smith all this money but not flynn? i just dont get it....

Well, I'm not too happy about the (potential)signing but I'll try to be optimistic about it.

We haven't seen what Smith can do in the type of offense we will be switching to, so maybe it may pay dividends for him?

But you where okay paying almost that much to a backup in Flynn?

if they do this it is just plain stupid. he needs to be competing with moore

lmao, we offer smith all this money but not flynn? i just dont get it....

I kinda do. larger body of work. took SF to championship game. bigger body. Has not been injured that i can tell. There is more upside here IMO.

Alex Smith - QB - 49ers

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Matt Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost like the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback.

You truly have no clue what you are talkinga bout. Smith not physically as talented as Matt Moore? Smith is head and shoulders more athletic than Matt Moore . . . I mean is this a joke or something?

In what age is a starting QB that leads his team to the NFC championship game not worth more than a backup QB with 2 starts under his belt?

Come on man, I know you're frustrated, but you are better than that.

The Dolphins have officially went insane. Alex fricken Smith??!! Are you kidding me??!! Get ready for more losing seasons folks. We are THE biggest joke in the entire league and people love it.

Back
Top Bottom