Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT

I'm not talking about Odrick or Harris. Harris has been a huge bust and should have never been drafted in the first round. I'm talking about players who come in right away and start and have good careers.

Guys from these large programs are MUCH more likely to be maxed out.

You may want them to come in and play right away, but that is just impatience talking... what front offices want are players who are better LONG term.

Where is the abuse by Espensa? Seems to be a stalemate to me most of the time. One sack was a missed blocking assignment otherwise seems to set his anchor well when Espenesa got the push early and routed him beyond the QB when he was beat to give the QB room to step up and find an open guy.

Heard this as evidence that he is a big reach last night. I just dont see abuse, I see wins for both guys and a stalemate a vast majority of the time.

And Jackson was never really at 100% because of donating his bone marrow. Give this young man another year or two to grow and OMG...

I LOVE this pick.

Not hating on the pick, but a quibble about Jackson's age. Sure, he's 20, but the turns 21 in three weeks, so leaving school after his junior year he's as old as he ought to be, or maybe a few months younger, if anything.

Great video. Interesting that he mentions that he is comfortable playing both the right and the left side.

Jackson will play right away. Have you not seen the OTs on the current roster? Not sure if you all are watching the games this year. He can play LT, RT, or Guard. He will play on the line this year.
Think that’s more of an indictment on the O-line and not Jackson. He could start but will he be good? Doesn’t have to be elite, but will he show why he was deserving of being one of the top 20 players selected? We’ll have to wait and see.

And Jackson was never really at 100% because of donating his bone marrow. Give this young man another year or two to grow and OMG...

I LOVE this pick.
Shouldn’t have to wait 1-2 years for a top 20 O-line Man...to start paying dividends.

Last edited:
I have been a bigger Jackson fan than most so I like the pick.

But I would say 18 was a little too early and would have been happier getting him at 26.

But you can't know if the will be there and I assume that miami liked him significantly more than the rest of the remaining OT's.

Would not surprise me if they doubled up on OT with another one today.They will surely take one one Day 3.

Last edited:
Well.... didn't Tunsil take a year to even move over to tackle... and another year of putting it all together? He dropped and was consensus top 3 projected pick.

Right move as far as I’m concerned. If not gonna trade up for wirfs at 13 and not gonna trade up for juedy after that or lamb fall to us Jackson was the right pick.

ton of upside left tackle who looks like a left tackle. Good move athlete good talent.

I disagree witb the hed have been there at 26 thing.

it’s an upside pick no doubt and what will the kid be in 2 years but he’s got the tools the frame the movement skills and the feet to be a damn good left tackle in time.

Back
Top Bottom