Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

It was like when we took Jamar Fletcher while we had Surtain and Madison.
The only reason for a move like that is if you intend to let either X or Jones go after that season, put Igby in their spot and spend the cap money else where

The only reason for a move like that is if you intend to let either X or Jones go after that season, put Igby in their spot and spend the cap money else where
the problem is you don't make first round picks based on that........it wasn't just the wrong position to pick but also the wrong player as there were better corners left on the board.......that was Flores's pick for sure cause he's in love with corners

the problem is you don't make first round picks based on that........it wasn't just the wrong position to pick but also the wrong player as there were better corners left on the board.......that was Flores's pick for sure cause he's in love with corners
Yes, I agree on the pick. I just mean the principle is a good one. Like this year, if X was going to continue to hold out, I would have been okay with trading him for a first, provided we could have gotten one of the best corner in the draft, Horn or Surtain. You could have then spent that money elsewhere (oline for example).

I think Igbo being inactive is an indictment of the coaching staff’s inability to develop players. Sure, he may not have it between the ears, but it’s their job to get him ready. Physically, he has what you need. Fast, strong, competitive. But the talent and skill (e.g., route running) he is facing has simply overwhelmed him.

There are a lot of problems with the organization, but lack of player development is a massive issue. We have too many young guys underachieving. It is partly coaching them up. But it’s also player usage. The coaches must figure out what the guys do well, put them in those situations, and then expand from there. We look disorganized and incapable of taking our talent and putting them into situations to succeed.

When you lose a lot, everything gets scrutinized. Fairly. If you don’t like it, just win baby.

Back
Top Bottom