Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 31: Noah Igbinoghene

Raw explosive kid. Competes is physical and seems a good fit for all the man coverage and extra db packages miami runs.

Put him in the slot and you can hide some of the weaknesses. Like locating the ball in vertical coverage. Maybe that just needs time being so new to db

Last edited:
5-11 200 lbs is hardly "tiny".

His athletic traits are OUTSTANDING.He is very raw and new to the position, his potential is very high.

I fully trust Flores on DB's, he learned from the DB Master and knows his stuff.

Watch him nearly decleat Clyde Edwards Helaire on the sideline and revisit that opinion

You've got to be kidding me....? Not only was that a basic hit we just gonna ignore he is being manhandled 15 yards upfield. LOL

This kid will be absolutely abused in the run game as well as screens or anything short to his side. He is TINY. Easily the smallest guy on the field

The kid is a heck ofna tackler...let the run come to him.

Thanks for sharing the videos. He plays very tough and looks small but he is nearly 200lbs! I hope he can go to 205 or 210.
I remember when we drafted X. Howard people were saying he was too aggressive and gets beat often or gets called for penalties. I did notice Noah does need to turn his head around more and the LSU wr that beat him was also pushing off a bit. I like this pick/

You've got to be kidding me....? Not only was that a basic hit we just gonna ignore he is being manhandled 15 yards upfield. LOL

Really don't know what you're looking at. His receiver runs an in-breaking route, and he carries it upfield after stumbling at the LOS - so he loses sight of the back. The back runs it to the outside right, and CEH is pretty fast so the angle the CB has to hold is equally upfield. The receiver makes contact but never manhandles him, CB disengages easily and makes a heavy hit on the CEH.

Watch the fourth down play by LSU at the timestamp below; it's a straight man-to-man tackle at the goal line with LSU's best receiver. He is physical, and a willing and capable tackler. I sincerely doubt he will be a liability in the run game, but keep going with that.

pick looks better and better with time, since last year we went through around 10 CBs, and X has yet to play a 16 game season. I'll take him and Needham over Ryan Lewis and Timmy Ward and Billy Off-the-Street

Can't see Tankersley making it past training camp with this signing though. I think our CBs will be X, Byron Jones, Igbi, Needham, and 2-3 of the CBs last season mixed with any other UDFAs later depth we draft.

This just screams: "We aren't taking Safety" to me though. In their scheme, there really isn't much difference between S and CB, they are all asked to play man and/or zone, and occasionally blitz.....I'm kind of glad we didn't chance McKinney, I would hate the constant comparisons to the headcase Fitzpatrick.

Back
Top Bottom