Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa

Dink and dunk passing game? Single-read offense? What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Tua is well-regarded as one of the most precise down-field passers, you think that was determined through tape of him dinking and dunking? And I can literally throw up tons of clips of Tua making 2nd and 3rd read throws. His decision-making and ability to make those determinations quickly is one of his best traits. I'm interested actually in what tape you're watching to have these be your takeaways, b/c it can't have been Tua's.
He has a lot of throws behind the line of scrimmage or under 10 yards, and it is estimated nearly 70% or more of His yards are made after the catch. Now, his skill plays a role in that by hitting receivers in stride, and he is very accurate on deep throws, but acting like he is always down the field isn't true. His bread and butter play is a single read short pass that always nets a lot of yac. Again, I am good with Tua and am not unhappy about him at all, I just believe Lawrence is better.

Couldn't disagree more. Lawrence is the better overall QB, and honestly, it's not as close as some like to think. Actually, I think there's a good chance that Dolphins fans get to see this when NE tanks this season and drafts Lawrence next year.
Lol, BB isn't tanking and their defense alone is good enough to win 6-8 games. Their bottom, IMO, is 10th pick. I mean, they were able to win what, 11 games, with Matt Cassell at QB.

I'm going to put myself out there pretty far on this one but i say it with no hesitation and the utmost confidence...
In 2 or 3 years time the best QB's in the NFL are going to be ( 1.Mahomes, 2.Tua, 3.Watson). I think Jackson is going to fizzle out and i think Burrow is going to turn out to be above average but thats about it.

Thats how good I think Tua can be and if he had wen't to the Charger's I would have made the same prediction.. This kid is a special a once in a lifetime talent, if he stays healthy i think he will win multiple superbowls and be a Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
He has a lot of throws behind the line of scrimmage or under 10 yards, and it is estimated nearly 70% or more of His yards are made after the catch. Now, his skill plays a role in that by hitting receivers in stride, and he is very accurate on deep throws, but acting like he is always down the field isn't true. His bread and butter play is a single read short pass that always nets a lot of yac. Again, I am good with Tua and am not unhappy about him at all, I just believe Lawrence is better.

I think Tua's style of play and ability will get more production out of Grant and Wilon than people think. Of course that's if he plays in 2020. I think defense might be as afraid of some of the plays Tua will get from Grant and Wilson in the short game than they will be of Williams and Parker downfield. Those shallow crossing routes are going to be money. Gesicki will be nice on those routes too when he's matched against a linebacker or slower safety.

Lol, BB isn't tanking and their defense alone is good enough to win 6-8 games. Their bottom, IMO, is 10th pick. I mean, they were able to win what, 11 games, with Matt Cassell at QB.

haha still on the Lawrence band wagon ehh, Something about his throwing motion doesn't look natural i don't know if its a hitch in his throw.. Eitherway bring him to New England I'd love to see Tua stomp him twice a year.. I'd be more threatened if the patriots took Justin Fields but even then i still think tua is vastly superior.

No QB New England or anyone else gets is gonna scare me anymore let alone QB DOG FACE.
trevor-lawrence-look-alikes-twitter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom