Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Round 1, Pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa

Lmaooo. Did you watch Lawrence last year? Inaccurate all season and was flat out BAD in the nat'l title game (and y'all love to bring up Tua vs Clemson when he was hurt).

Tua IS a better QB than Lawrence. Sorry to break the news.
I understand if you prefer Tua, and I understand some of Lawrence's struggles. That said, at the next level, Lawrence is the better prospect. Healthier, bigger, better athlete, great throws against tight coverage, National Championship win as a true freshman who actually was game planned for, faced more on the field adversity, and has done it all with less talent around him than Tua had.

It's not that I don't like Tua, but I just see Lawrence translating better at the next level. Tua is our QB now, though, and I fully support the kid and he is very high character and easy to pull for. If Tua had been in the same draft with Lawrence, though, Lawrence would have been my pick.

Couldn't disagree more. Lawrence is the better overall QB, and honestly, it's not as close as some like to think. Actually, I think there's a good chance that Dolphins fans get to see this when NE tanks this season and drafts Lawrence next year.

What was it you liked about him more? The inaccuracies downfield? The consistent overthrows to 6'4 WRS? Or was it the meltdown against LSU that sold you?

Couldn't disagree more. Lawrence is the better overall QB, and honestly, it's not as close as some like to think. Actually, I think there's a good chance that Dolphins fans get to see this when NE tanks this season and drafts Lawrence next year.

they're both great prospects....not sure how you can call it "not as close as some like to think" when Lawrence has clearly been outplayed by Tua so far throughout his college career...

maybe this year he lights the world on fire, he'll probably go #1, but it's far from a sure thing and that national championship game sure does linger.....

edit: saw your follow up post but I'll take the size/height thing at a discount, and i don't see the touch and versatility in delivery like i do with Tua....i also don't agree he's better with tight windows..

Lmaooo. Did you watch Lawrence last year? Inaccurate all season and was flat out BAD in the nat'l title game (and y'all love to bring up Tua vs Clemson when he was hurt).

Tua IS a better QB than Lawrence. Sorry to break the news.
If Tua can't perform at a high level when hurt, he is not a great pick for an NFL team. All NFL players are injured in some way for most of the season. Are you going to give him a pass for poor play every time he is injured?

I'm the biggest Clemson homer you'll meet. I go to everything I can go to, practices, games, anything to do with fanhood..

Lawrence isn't some unicorn he was hyped to be before last season, he is a better version of Justin Herbert. He's way more natuarl than Herbert, and isn't late like him, but misses just as much as he does. Last year soured me a lot on the kid. He can still grow and become a absolute monster, but he has plenty of work to do from a mechanics standpoint.

What was it you liked about him more? The inaccuracies downfield? The consistent overthrows to 6'4 WRS? Or was it the meltdown against LSU that sold you?
What sold you on Tua? The broken hip? The blowout loss against Clemson? The dink and dunk passing game? The single read offense?

Both of these QB's are outstanding prospects despite being flawed, which both most certainly are. Still, Lawrence's skill set is better overall, IMO. Feel free to disagree, it's just my opinion. We will get a chance to see who's right eventually. I hope I am wrong about NE, though.

What sold you on Tua? The broken hip? The blowout loss against Clemson? The dink and dunk passing game? The single read offense?

Both of these QB's are outstanding prospects despite being flawed, which both most certainly are. Still, Lawrence's skill set is better overall, IMO. Feel free to disagree, it's just my opinion. We will get a chance to see who's right eventually. I hope I am wrong about NE, though.

Tua is more advanced as a passer and from a mechanics standpoint.

Clemson's offense has been 1 read since Tajh Boyd was there. So I don't understand that, there's way more evidence that Tua goes through progressions than Lawrence has. The blowout loss against Clemson was still a better game from an accuracy standpoint than Lawrence had against LSU. He had 17! overthrows, and that's a consistent theme with him, even in practice.

Yes you're correct he's a fantastic prospect, but he ain't the Luck type everyone thought he was 18 months ago.

Dink and dunk passing game? Single-read offense? What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Tua is well-regarded as one of the most precise down-field passers, you think that was determined through tape of him dinking and dunking? And I can literally throw up tons of clips of Tua making 2nd and 3rd read throws. His decision-making and ability to make those determinations quickly is one of his best traits. I'm interested actually in what tape you're watching to have these be your takeaways, b/c it can't have been Tua's.

I now have REAL hope of being a legit team. Not that dillusional hope I had when Cutler was brought in. Looks like the mocking me at work over my Dolphins might actually stop this year. Oh to be one of the teams in the playoffs. That is now real hope.

The Patriots aren't going to tank. I think the Jaguars probably have that #1 pick locked up but who knows. The Panthers may give them a good fight for it. I would love for the Texans to completely implode and end up with that pick.

Don’t care about next years qb class. Other teams will pluck them and that will drop other non QBs in our laps.

unless tua takes another catastrophic injury again miami won’t be in that market in 2021

Dink and dunk passing game? Single-read offense? What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Tua is well-regarded as one of the most precise down-field passers, you think that was determined through tape of him dinking and dunking? And I can literally throw up tons of clips of Tua making 2nd and 3rd read throws. His decision-making and ability to make those determinations quickly is one of his best traits. I'm interested actually in what tape you're watching to have these be your takeaways, b/c it can't have been Tua's.
Yeah, he's literally talking out of his butt. Tua was regarding as the best QB in college football precisely because he's accurate in every single section of the field including down field throws, and he's the only guy who's out there looking off safeties to throw to 3rd and 4th reads.

Back
Top Bottom