Rounds 1, 3, and 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rounds 1, 3, and 4

sfinp

Rookie
Reaction score
I personally feel that Cromartie's stock is going to fly on draft day. The guy has unbelievable measurables, I don't believe he has any major character flaws, and I see him as the Chris Gamble of this year's draft. He's slightly unpolished due to lack of playing time however more than capable of holding a starting job. With that said, I feel it would be appropriate to draft him at #16 (assuming he is there) on draft day. For our third round pick, Derek Hagan would be awsome. He's very similar to Chris Chambers in that although not tall, he's bulky, fast, and he's an great route runner. His problems are his lapses of concentration, also very similar to Chris Chambers. An alternative to Hagan would be Brodie Croyle, who has shown that he can play, however he needs a few years to bulk up a bit before he hits the field. In the fourth round, I see Stanley McClover a pass rushing OLB out of Auburn, similar to Cromartie he would be another gamble, or maybe Terna Nande from Miami (OH). I feel that our weakness at safety can be covered up if we have a strong front 7 and hopefully Cromartie could get aquainted similarly to the way that Travis Daniels was able to last year. Let me know what you all think.

I think Cromartie has MUCH more potential than Gamble. I'd love to have him. Not to sure about Hagan, rather have Marshall in the 4th if he's still there. Could be wrong but I don't see Croyle fitting in Miami.

Thanks for responding. Any other comments from anyone?

I agree that he's the best corner in the draft, and I'd be thrilled if we got him. He's raw, but that just means that Saban can mold him into a perennial Probowl corner.

I'm thinking Holmes. Hes an impressive vertical threat WR who fits this offense extremely well.

Would be nice to trade down a spot(get an extra third) and still get Holmes.

I don't feel Cromartie is the best corner in this draft. In fact, I truly believe it would be a significant reach for us to take him at 16.

He is extremely raw.
When you watch him on tape you see a player with poor technique who tends to stand straight up immediately in his backpedal. His short area quickness and great hips are negated by this bad techinique.
He does not show great urgency in run support. In fact, he gets so high that even small wide receivers may are capable of getting under and negating him.

There is no denying his physical skills. Yet, I believe he is a player who will struggle for some time in the NFL because he is miles away in regards to techinique and experience.

I realize people will ignore this as impossible, but I feel his value lies in the second round.

I also feel that Brodie Croyle will be long gone when we pick in the third. I think Hagan should be gone too, but, he could slip.

Back
Top Bottom