Route To Paying X.howard? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Route To Paying X.howard?

We know what we get from Tannehill. He’ll string together 3 good games, 1 great game, follow it with 2 wtf games, then back to good. He’s a Joe Flacco type QB that can get the job done with a strong team around him. I’d rather that than cut him and hope that Tyrod Taylor suddenly learned how to play QB.

Unless the plan is to tank 2019 to be in position to draft one of those 2020 QBs, we get Tannehill again.
I’m fine with Tannehill for another season if Miami fixes up both lines in 2019 and then have a plan at QB in 2020

I’m fine with Tannehill for another season if Miami fixes up both lines in 2019 and then have a plan at QB in 2020

I think that’s the smart plan. 2019 is a strong defensive draft and we definitely have needs there. We need to shore up both lines and accumulate capital for 2020. Then, go all in for one of those QBs in 2020 and maybe let him sit a season behind Tannehill.

I’m all about drafting a QB, but it needs to be the right one, not just a QB.

Didn't bother reading the whole thread, as the answer is simple.

I don't care what it takes. If Ross has to beg by the side of 95, you pay X.

Period.

I don't even want to screw around with franchise tags. That can lead to animosity.

I think 5 year 60 million 35 guaranteed gets it done if we offer this year. Good news is he’s under contract for another year and if he’s smart he’s take the sure thing now and get guaranteed money locked in rather than play for pennies and risk injury.

So let’s just **** the team and make us unappealing to all free agents and potential coaches, right? I see the brilliance of your plan now. Love it. The Browns vacated the spot as laughing stock franchise and you’d like us to fill that void. Brilliant plan.
No, that's not the plan but paying 26 million to a QB that's going to take us nowhere is foolish. We might as well use our cap room on ppl that will be here for the long term, at most Tannehill is here 1 more year, I'd rather give the money to X, hes a far better football player.

You can find a QB off the scrap heap that won't take us to the playoffs. That's what Tannehill does, he misses the playoffs, why are we pretending hes something hes not.

No, that's not the plan but paying 26 million to a QB that's going to take us nowhere is foolish. We might as well use our cap room on ppl that will be here for the long term, at most Tannehill is here 1 more year, I'd rather give the money to X, hes a far better football player.

You can find a QB off the scrap heap that won't take us to the playoffs. That's what Tannehill does, he misses the playoffs, why are we pretending hes something hes not.

You weren’t here for the Fiedler years, were you? Do you remember the reanimated zombie corpse of Jay Cutler last season? Do you remember Brock “can’t throw behind 10 yards” Osweiler? You think those offenses are the same as the Tannehill-led one?

There’s a significant difference between Tannehill and these QBs. You guys have lost all logic and reason in this immature anyone-but-Tannehill nonsense. It can be worse. It can be a lot worse. Unless that’s what you want? Throw the 2019 season and hope for a top pick in 2020?

I dont wanna say we should just throw 2019 but I have to admit part of me would like that 1st pick in 2020, a class that looks very promising at QB. But, My point is just simply that X is more valuable to the team than Tannehill. X is a probowl corner, arguably the most important position on defense. If cutting Tannehill is the only way we can get the money needed to keep X, I think we should do it.

A lot of people have already projected Parker and Branch. Two cuts ALONE and we'll be able to pay Howard as a top 5 CB. This should be a no brainer for the organization.

I still wish we had pulled the trigger on getting Eli Apple for scraps, but hey. Maybe we make smart moves this offseason by locking up Howard and finding another true outside CB in FA or the draft

Back
Top Bottom