Rt's Passer Rating | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rt's Passer Rating

You guys wanted to see him bring us back in clutch time. He did that today.

Wasn't a meaningless game, wasn't garbage time.

Sure, you might say that last play was a fluke, or a gift, but He hung in there with Brady the whole day.

Props to Tanny!
He did go stride for stride w Brady. And he did without ever being able to get comfy in the pocket. A ton of respect. He was a gamer today.

You guys wanted to see him bring us back in clutch time. He did that today.

Wasn't a meaningless game, wasn't garbage time.

Sure, you might say that last play was a fluke, or a gift, but He hung in there with Brady the whole day.

Props to Tanny!

Bs... props to Parker and Drake, Thill had little to do with that last play. I'm sure if he had more vision/pocket presence Stills would have been open for an easy td!!!

This guys gets all the excuses. No line, no coach,no receivers and no defense. But give him another year after year to be a .500 qb.
Today the line was ok, receivers were good and and the RB backs were great. And we barely won. The Pats list this game. Maybe the coaches see him as a game manager and not a franchise qb.

This guys gets all the excuses. No line, no coach,no receivers and no defense. But give him another year after year to be a .500 qb.
Today the line was ok, receivers were good and and the RB backs were great. And we barely won. The Pats list this game. Maybe the coaches see him as a game manager and not a franchise qb.
LOL @ the line was ok

Hasn't been nearly as down as people try and imagine here. He had six terrible quarters in a row when he could scarcely take the snap without a defender being in his face. Other than that he has played very effective and almost mistake free football. This on a team who spent nearly a month without scoring a TD with his backup.

I'm maybe the biggest Ryan Tannehill supporter on this board, but: He stunk on ice in the Patriots game. Bum shoulder? Yes, but he stunk on ice. He had a couple of honestly insanely unlucky plays in the Bengals game, but at the end of the day, those were on him.

Ultimately, while I still like the guy, I can't say that here because I don't want to be dogpiled for the rest of my posting life.

Am I ok if they move on from RT? Yes. But you cannot deny that this team has always looked better and performed better with him under center vs anyone else who has stepped in. The dude was ****in tough today!
The issue isn’t that Tannehill can’t do it. He’s shown he can, It’s that he can’t do it consistently.

Tannehill is a bit better than .500 under Gase.

Sigh. If you think the pass protection was okay, you weren't watching.

Now, what is your excuse for why he has a 105.6 rating?

The issue isn’t that Tannehill can’t do it. He’s shown he can, It’s that he can’t do it consistently.
So how many guys in the NFL have shown they can do it consistently?

Eli Manning certainly never did.

I'm maybe the biggest Ryan Tannehill supporter on this board, but: He stunk on ice in the Patriots game. Bum shoulder? Yes, but he stunk on ice. He had a couple of honestly insanely unlucky plays in the Bengals game, but at the end of the day, those were on him.

Ultimately, while I still like the guy, I can't say that here because I don't want to be dogpiled for the rest of my posting life.
But you've mentioned the exactly two bad games he's had this year. His numbers in the other six games have been ungodly.

But you've mentioned the exactly two bad games he's had this year. His numbers in the other six games have been ungodly.

I thought he was OK in the Titans game, good in the Jets game, good in the Raiders game, awful in the Patriots game, and overall OK in the Bengals game. I thought he was good vs the Colts, marginal vs the Bills, and very good today. To me, that is up and down.

Am I splitting hairs?

All I know is that I think Miami is very likely to move on to another QB next season, and I don't object to that. With that said, I still think he is a good starting quarterback, so all I can say is that I hope the team gets it right with his replacement, because you're looking to upgrade from good and that's a pretty big risk at that position.

Back
Top Bottom