Rt's Passer Rating | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rt's Passer Rating

Who cares about Eli
Hope you didn't strain your neck getting out of the way of The Point.

When you start looking for what a player is not, you miss out on what he is. You want a quarterback who is incredibly consistent and at a high level every week? Good luck finding that....there ain't many of them. But the 'who cares about Eli' comment completely ignores that the fact that an inconsistent quarterback who is capable of playing at a high level can win titles. If you want consistency, you can get Alex Smith.....and he's never been anywhere in the playoffs.

I thought he was OK in the Titans game, good in the Jets game, good in the Raiders game, awful in the Patriots game, and overall OK in the Bengals game. I thought he was good vs the Colts, marginal vs the Bills, and very good today. To me, that is up and down.

Am I splitting hairs?

All I know is that I think Miami is very likely to move on to another QB next season, and I don't object to that. With that said, I still think he is a good starting quarterback, so all I can say is that I hope the team gets it right with his replacement, because you're looking to upgrade from good and that's a pretty big risk at that position.
Honestly, I don't see Miami moving on to another QB next season. I don't see the draft being particularly strong at QB, especially picking in the 15 to 20 range. You aren't going to get a guy at that pick who is going to be ready to step in and good luck picking up a guy in free agency who is going to actually come cheaper who is an upgrade. 2020 is the year where they could potentially move on. With the numbers he has put up this year, you simply can't do it.

No espn’s “QBR” is a flawed statistic. It’s a toss up between that and football outsiders for the most worthless stats.

They're both flawed - as is literally anything in life. But ESPN's QBR is definitely more accurate in determining "rating" than the old way. Look on page 3, he has a top 6 quarterback rating but his ESPN QBR has him listed more like middle to lower middle of the pack. His quarterback rating is higher than Brady, Rodgers, Wentz, Goff, Watson... I mean, he hasn't had a better season than any of those guys, not even a conversation.

Rate 'em by ESPN's QBR makes much much more sense than using the old school way, regardless of the "flaws".

They're both flawed - as is literally anything in life. But ESPN's QBR is definitely more accurate in determining "rating" than the old way. Look on page 3, he has a top 6 quarterback rating but his ESPN QBR has him listed more like middle to lower middle of the pack. His quarterback rating is higher than Brady, Rodgers, Wentz, Goff, Watson... I mean, he hasn't had a better season than any of those guys, not even a conversation.

Rate 'em by ESPN's QBR makes much much more sense than using the old school way, regardless of the "flaws".
QBR is pure garbage. The formula is some secret recipe. They take some raw numbers, add some fairy dust, and voila, QBR is born.

QBR is pure garbage. The formula is some secret recipe. They take some raw numbers, add some fairy dust, and voila, QBR is born.

I admit, I don't know the differences between various QBRs. I look at QBRs, see who's ranked high, who's ranked low, and see if the results look sane. If 'yes,' they're not garbage. Whether or not they're relevant is a different discussion.

Bs... props to Parker and Drake, Thill had little to do with that last play. I'm sure if he had more vision/pocket presence Stills would have been open for an easy td!!!

Lol...I actually loved how Drake was able to get that pass out there, then run fast enough to become part of the play.

That play is mostly Drake, but take away Tannehill, that play never happens.

Take away Tsnnehill throwing daggers under pressure to continually match Brady TD for TD, and that final play becomes useless, and not even attempted.

The issue isn’t that Tannehill can’t do it. He’s shown he can, It’s that he can’t do it consistently.

Well, actually the true question is, not how consistent he is when he Is running for his life, but how consistent is he when he gets the type of blocking most of the elite QBs get?

Tannehill does not need great blocking or even good, give him pretty solid blocking for a game, and he will produce consistently.

And the receivers were "good" with 3 drops and an inexplicable lets fall down short of the 1st down marker at the most critical point in the game.

Oh wow!! Careful, some here get pretty upset if you dare say a certain receiver is anything less then infallible.

Tannehill's passing is a nice compliment to a solid running game. If a defense chooses to stack the box and stop the run, he still has to proove to me he can win a game with his arm in a big spot to make me a believer that he is THE guy.

Tannehill is good but not great. There’s no shame in that. We still should draft a quarterback high in the draft because RT is aging and his injuries are piling up.

I'm maybe the biggest Ryan Tannehill supporter on this board, but: He stunk on ice in the Patriots game. Bum shoulder? Yes, but he stunk on ice. He had a couple of honestly insanely unlucky plays in the Bengals game, but at the end of the day, those were on him.

Ultimately, while I still like the guy, I can't say that here because I don't want to be dogpiled for the rest of my posting life.

As long as there is a breathe in my lungs, I'll welcome to the dogpiling.

I posted this here on another page the other day and felt really good about it.

He's dealt with all the BS of Philbin era, draft inepititude, shouldered an unbelievable amount of blame, taken a physical beating that honestly could've killed some of us common folk and through it all has us with a chance to make the playoffs again.

Of course its his destiny to lead us to the post season only to see Osweiler get crushed in a WC road game.

Who he is as a QB has already long been defined. Ive always been a fan of the tough Texas kid with the golden arm and i always will be.

LMAO at the idiots who think Tannehill doesn't deserve credit for the Miami Miracle. 17 is the ONLY reason the Dolphins were in that game.

The law averages was in play on Sunday. I love Kenyan Drake, was thrilled we drafted him and feel very confident in his future but he owed RT big time. The missed blocks and dropped passes were not acceptable anymore.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him but.....

I'll

NEVER

STOP.

Back
Top Bottom