Rugby World Cup 2003 Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rugby World Cup 2003 Thread

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
USA lost its final game in their group pool to France. France won 41-14.

The Cup tournament is now in the semi-finals which will take place on the 15th and 16th of November. England vs France, and Australia vs New Zealand. The New Zealand All Blacks ranked no. 1 in the World Cup for the first time in their history. Look no pads.

New Zealand
clear.gif

All Black's Haka dance
clear.gif

New Zealand fans
clear.gif

NZ fans
clear.gif

England
clear.gif

England score's a try
clear.gif

England fans
clear.gif

Isn't the rugby world cup almost over? On FSW the other day they said the semifinals start this weekend.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Isn't the rugby world cup almost over? On FSW the other day they said the semifinals start this weekend.

I think so. The 2 semi-finals will be taking place on Nov. 15th and 16th, so I assume the final will be a wekk after that or so. Yeah I got to see a couple of USA's games on FSE. To tell you the truth I just grew a small appreciation for rugby by watching this Cup and seeing how big it is overseas. These guys are no joke, their real tough athletes.

clear.gif

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only big in England, Wales, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand. I heard it is growing in popularity in France. Rugby really isn't that popular overseas except in a few countries, and it is only bigger than soccer in New Zealand and Australia.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It's only big in England, Wales, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand. I heard it is growing in popularity in France. Rugby really isn't that popular overseas except in a few countries, and it is only bigger than soccer in New Zealand and Australia.

Well all those countries do have their own professional leagues and so does Ireland and Scotland. Yes, rugby is huge mainly in the South Pacific (Australia, NZ, Singapore, Fiji, Samoa, Pacific nations, etc) and in Great Britain and France. BUT, its growing drastically in Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Italy, Germany, Czech Rep., Poland, Japan, and Hong Kong, and developing in many other countries like USA, I understand we have a Rugby league but with all the sports, games, and races we have here, its hard for anything else to develop here. USA's Rugby Super League official site

Argentina and Uruguay are working on creating a pro league. It would be their 3rd biggest sport after soccer and close to basketball. I believe there's been talks about some western European countries creating leagues as well.

The semi-final results:

Australia 22 - New Zealand 10

England 24 - France 7

Australia (in gold) advances into New Zealand terriority.
clear.gif

Australian defends well enough to prevent New Zealand (in black) from scoring in the corner as others watch.
clear.gif

England's captain Jonny Wilkinson converts on a penalty against France
clear.gif

France advancer is wrapped up by the English defense
clear.gif

In a scrum
clear.gif

England wins the World Cup of Rugby defeating Australia 20-17 in a match declared one of the "best ever". Record crowds, tv audiences, and profits were noted in this 2003 WC. New Zealand defeats France 40-13 for third place.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom